• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC One Battery Dead and wont turn on FIXED

Search This thread

kungfudavie

May 18, 2012
I just did that and it says "List of devices attached" and there is nothing else except that line. :(

Had any joy with any of the suggestions in the other treads? some people have had to wait a very long time for it to spring back to life :(

What i detailed is what worked for me, might not be the same issue. I was tempted not to root and flash after this happened the last time. luckily i have next day swap out as a business customer.

Can you

Connecting to pc
Holding down the volume down and power button for 30 seconds
then try the adb devices command again please

Cyber-what

Dec 15, 2012
Well I did as you asked but with no luck.
Considering other threads I went trough 5 pages of threads that had same problem as me and tried all those solutions but no success. :(
Each thread carefully read and tried it's solutions but nothing helped.

Only what is left that I leave it on charger for 4 day and hope for the best.

kungfudavie

May 18, 2012
Well I did as you asked but with no luck.
Considering other threads I went trough 5 pages of threads that had same problem as me and tried all those solutions but no success. :(
Each thread carefully read and tried it's solutions but nothing helped.

Only what is left that I leave it on charger for 4 day and hope for the best.

Sorry, i know how insanely frustrating it is!! when i finally got my phone to boot, it said the screen was on the entire time the screen was black!!

Something very iffy there. Only seen people with custom recovery having the issue though!

Cyber-what

Dec 15, 2012
Now you put doubt in my mind. I never thought of it that way. (the screen is off way)
I never messed with the ROMs, software & firmware I used it as is.

In my case if it was only the screen my arrow and home buttons would glow. Am I right?

kungfudavie

May 18, 2012
yes, you would have thought so, but nothing responded, no vibrations or flashing. absolutely nothing! its very bizarre behavior!

My phone looked completely dead. It was only after managing to get it to boot up, then look at the power history that when it showed it in an "awake" state.

Try sticking it on the stock charger for another day then keep trying. Did you try holding volume up and the power button for a few minutes? by a few mins i mean 2 mins minimum

kungfudavie

May 18, 2012
yes, you would have thought so, but nothing responded, no vibrations or flashing. absolutely nothing! its very bizarre behavior!

My phone looked completely dead. It was only after managing to get it to boot up, then look at the power history that when it showed it in an "awake" state.

Try sticking it on the stock charger for another day then keep trying. Did you try holding volume up and the power button for a few minutes? by a few mins i mean 2 mins minimum

Cyber-what

Dec 15, 2012

Yes. I tried for 3 minutes tops. Power+volume up, then power+volume down, then power+volume up and down. All aprox. 2-3 minutes.

colorful1

May 6, 2014
Fixed it the hard way

I was having a very similar issue with my HTC One Mini where it got discharged by a bad charger after it already shut itself off, and then it won't charge. The red LED blinks like it is initially charging, the dead battery icon shows up on the screen with a lightning bolt, but it never charges. I let it charge for hours, I tried pressing up volume and power, down volume and power, both volumes and power for 2 minutes. Everything. Nothing worked - it would start blinking yellow/white sometimes and the on-screen battery icon would come and go, but always it returned to the flashing red LED and the empty battery charging icon.

I really wanted to pull the battery like I've done with almost every other phone I've ever owned. So I did.

Turns out that there was a hairline crack in the corner of the plastic housing. Using about six cable ties - for their flexible flat tapered end - and a pushpin (no metal against visible plastic or screen glass) I was able to start at this crack and work my way around the entire housing, separating the back cover from the screen and the top and bottom inserts. Everything is pressed-fit and there are also locking tabs along the back panel that click into the edge of the phone guts. Leaving cable-tie tips jammed along the gap not only allowed me to keep working my way around and maintain good 'starting points' but also keep the locking tabs disengaged. Corners are not easy; the whole separation took me 15 - 20 minutes. Try not to get under the LCD - it is glued against the backlight LED area and you can inadvertently separate this glue if you allow the prying cable-tie tips to bend inward too sharply. They should be pretty perpendicular to the screen surface.

Eventually one side pops out and then the other side and you feel freedom. On mine, I had to wiggle the headphone jack back flush with the rest of the internal gear. You'll find there's a top circuit board sitting on the battery and then the screen and other stuff underneath the battery. On this circuit board there are a bunch of flat connectors but only one has a metal bar with screws holding it down. This is the battery plug. You do not need to disassemble anything inside, just unscrew this metal bar / plate. It holds the power jack pushed into place - it is not really a flat connector. If you pull up the plate, the power jack and ribbon cable is attached to it.

Unplug the battery, plug it back in. Effectively it is just like yanking the battery from a phone that has a battery compartment. My phone, which was ready for disposal, came back to life immediately and started accepting charge the moment I reattached the charger. Screw the plate back into place and snap the back cover back on.

Don't do this if you aren't sure you can. You may not be successful and you can certainly destroy your phone. Also be careful around any Li ion battery - tinkering can be very dangerous and lead to damage, injury, or death. But it worked for me.

RanXeroxxx

Mar 2, 2014
Sorry for bumming this thread as this is my last resort before I'll bring it in for service.

I'm in the exact same situation like the OP, can't seem to force the phone to charge. I was using the camera battery was around 40% and out of nowhere the phone turned itself off without any warning. When I plug in regardless if it's connected to a usb port on my laptop or a wall socket I get a flashing red led and a battery animation, it can stay like this for hours without charging and not warming up. I've tried all the steps mentioned previously without any success. However, I'm able to boot into Hboot (Power + Vol down whilst plugging in the charger otherwise it won't work) and when going into TWRP it indicates charge by showing the battery percentage increasing and warming up the phone. Charged it to 100% percent and as soon as I reboot I'm back to square one, flashing red with battery animation.

Suggestions are welcome, thanks:)

HTC stuck

Hi Guys,

I Hope this helps someone because i was tearing my hair out trying to figure this thing out! My lovely perfectly assembled blemish free HTC one was a paperweight :(

Thought i would update you about a fault that developed on my HTC one 801n On the three network in the UK.

Let the phone battery die as i forgot to put it on charge.

The phone would not turn back on. It would not accept charge and would not connect to PC.

Steps tried:
USB charger < 2 Hours
Genuine HTC One Wall Charger < 24 Hours
Attempting to load boot loader to enable fast boot.
Attempting connection with pc to use ADB to reboot or enter fast boot.
Holding Both volume keys and power keys for 2 Mins
Shining a bright light whilst attempting to turn on (weird i know but apparently it can fool the sensor - reported in some forums)

No LED came one whilst attempting to charge.

After several hours of tinkering i managed to get the LED charging light to come on using volume Up and holding the power button whilst connecting to USB port of a PC directly and the device got warm. I then after 2 Hours connected it to a wall charger for 24 hours. its still would not boot.

Attempted after leaving it for several hours and the LED flashed red but would still not boot.

Managed to get the Solid red charging light to come back and ADB fast boot could not connect to device.

Ran through all troubleshooting steps with HTC. It looks like the battery went below a minimum accepted voltage and therefore as a safety wont accept charge. Im not the only person to have this issue but I've noticed that its mainly rooted users that had the problem and there is a chance the custom recovery that is allowing the drop if fastboot is enabled. I cant confirm this as I'm not technically minded but the circumstances between mine and other peoples issues are similar.

I have managed to get the device to turn on by doing the following:

1) Connect to PC and leave for half an hour and wait until the flashing red LED turns solid RED
2) Open up a ABD fastboot terminal and type fastboot reboot. It will say waiting for device
3) Press and hold volume down and power button and hold until the device vibrates and let go.
4) It will then turn on.

It Seems that the reboot command gets through just quick enough, although the device does not have enough power, whilst attempting to boot into recovery and will load up as normal. Its now working, but just in case there is a fault, I'm getting it replaced as its only a week old and would rather not wait to a point where i cant get a brand new one and would have to wait for a repair through HTC.

My set up was:
HTC 801n
4.2.2 stock rom
rooted (s-on)
CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1

I really hope this helps someone.

hi Guys, i dont know if i m posting in right thread. I encountered this issue lately. while i was listen to music through headphone, i opened the application called Audio Fx or something like that ( CM 12 latest nightly Android lollipop ) screen of my set suddenly turned off, blanked along with music stopped. Now the phone isn't responding at all. the soft keys ( Home key and Arrow key ) of the phone are glowing continuously . Whereas. battery prior to this was almost 82 percent.

I have tried following things;

1. Tried to press and hold power button while holding volume down button for several seconds ( nothing happened )
2. Tried to press and hold power button while holding volume up button for several seconds ( nothing happened )
3. Tried to press and hold power button and pressing the Volume up and Down buttons simultaneously for about 2 minutes while phone was connecting to power source.

while i connect to power source i.e. charger, no LED light is observable either Red or Green.

I would you guys to please help me out

HTC One M7
Android 5.0.1 Lollipop Custom Rom CM 12 nighties dated 27/02/2015
TWRP recovery.

Last edited:

Jecis_

Jun 23, 2015
How it worked for me...

Hello guys! I have an HTC mini 2 after I make coustum recovery my phone started to not turn on after fully drained battery, It worked for me like this:
1. plug on charger
2. wait till it show battery and useing for dev options only with red letters
3. in that state keep your phone for at least 10 minutes
4. hold both wol keys and power up
5. It need to start booting as normal
second variant: if phone does not recognize charger
you need to hold wol down + power up, while holding turn to charger and oringe led will start to flash, then repeat steps higher

one time it dosent work, but then after thoes 10 minutes i took it of charger and hold bouth vol buttons + power and it booted up, :)
I am really sorry for my english I am from Latvia and grammar is not my strong sight:(

Dijon Storm

Feb 25, 2015
It Work!!

Hey thank for the info mine didnt want to turn on after an hour or two charging. I got mine turn on and boot by plugging it in usb and hold power+ Volume up. It work like a charm.

May 30, 2012
Please, help!!!

My HTC presents the following problem:
1. I do not know if it carries does not light the red LED at any time.
2. I managed to open successfully and identified that by placing the flat battery, the voltage (of 3,8V) drops to 0,15V; Simply plug the flat on the motherboard.
3. With the charger to the battery voltage falls flat 0,27V.

I believe that there are problems on the battery or the motherboard. Mainly on the motherboard for not indicate LED and the voltage drops as informed.

cdecarlo

Aug 26, 2015
FIXED. htc one M9 battery drained, orange led light blinking.

I was having this same issue. Im only posting this cause I feel your pain. I was on the verge of losing all my pictures cause I was foolish not to backup my phone.

My phone died during the night. Woke up. Plugged it into the charger. Left it for an hour. Came back to turn it on and nothing. My phone wouldnt power on. When I took a closer look I realized the orange led light was flashing as if indicating the battery was too low. I TRIED EVERY TRICK. holding power and volume up, volume down and power for 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, holding sensor to a light, plugging it into my mac. NOTHING worked. However, I read a post about leaving the phone charging for an extended period of time like 3 or 4 days. So thats what I did. Every so often I tried powering it on but nothing. Then one night it showed some life, it vibrates and the drained battery icon came on the screen showing 0%. So at least I knew now my phone wasnt completely dead. I left it still charging for 3 days and finally this morning, I woke up to find the led light green. It powered up without a problem. I just backed up all my files on my mac. It works perfectly. JUST KEEP IT PLUGGED INTO ITS ORIGINAL CHARGER FOR 2-3 FULL DAYS.

Not sure if this is going to be a persisting problem. HTC is currently sending me a new phone under warranty, but I might just keep this one.

Ruud033

Jul 24, 2013
I now also have the exact same thing as the original poster of this thread has.. :( :( I've already did everything till page 4 of this thread, don't know exactly what to do anymore.. I'll let the phone completely die out I guess (same as removing battery) and try again after a week or so.

Rupom Bhattacharjee

Nov 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

I Hope this helps someone because i was tearing my hair out trying to figure this thing out! My lovely perfectly assembled blemish free HTC one was a paperweight :(

Thought i would update you about a fault that developed on my HTC one 801n On the three network in the UK.

The phone would not turn back on. It would not accept charge and would not connect to PC.

Steps tried:
USB charger < 2 Hours
Shining a bright light whilst attempting to turn on (weird i know but apparently it can fool the sensor - reported in some forums)

After several hours of tinkering i managed to get the LED charging light to come on using volume Up and holding the power button whilst connecting to USB port of a PC directly and the device got warm. I then after 2 Hours connected it to a wall charger for 24 hours. its still would not boot.

Attempted after leaving it for several hours and the LED flashed red but would still not boot.

Managed to get the Solid red charging light to come back and ADB fast boot could not connect to device.

Ran through all troubleshooting steps with HTC. It looks like the battery went below a minimum accepted voltage and therefore as a safety wont accept charge. Im not the only person to have this issue but I've noticed that its mainly rooted users that had the problem and there is a chance the custom recovery that is allowing the drop if fastboot is enabled. I cant confirm this as I'm not technically minded but the circumstances between mine and other peoples issues are similar.

1) Connect to PC and leave for half an hour and wait until the flashing red LED turns solid RED
2) Open up a ABD fastboot terminal and type fastboot reboot. It will say waiting for device
3) Press and hold volume down and power button and hold until the device vibrates and let go.
4) It will then turn on.

It Seems that the reboot command gets through just quick enough, although the device does not have enough power, whilst attempting to boot into recovery and will load up as normal. Its now working, but just in case there is a fault, I'm getting it replaced as its only a week old and would rather not wait to a point where i cant get a brand new one and would have to wait for a repair through HTC.

My set up was:
HTC 801n
4.2.2 stock rom
rooted (s-on)
CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1

hello bro, I have gone through your post on this forum about the battery red light flashing issue on htc one. I have the same problem. The red light was blinking continuously until I read ur post. I have tried your method of connecting to pc and holding power+ vol up button and managed to turn the flashing light into solid red.
now what to do, my phone is now connected to pc. should I continue to charge it with pc or connect it to the wall charger?? I am very afraid of disconnecting it from pc as it can cause the solid red light turned to the flashing red light again. Help me out brother.

regards..

bdizzle1686

Jul 28, 2014
Washington, MI
Moto Z2 Force
Moto G7
hello bro, I have gone through your post on this forum about the battery red light flashing issue on htc one. I have the same problem. The red light was blinking continuously until I read ur post. I have tried your method of connecting to pc and holding power+ vol up button and managed to turn the flashing light into solid red.
now what to do, my phone is now connected to pc. should I continue to charge it with pc or connect it to the wall charger?? I am very afraid of disconnecting it from pc as it can cause the solid red light turned to the flashing red light again. Help me out brother.

regards..

Not sure if u noticed, But his instructions were to do power + volume DOWN, NOT volume up...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Steps tried:
    USB charger < 2 Hours

4) It will then turn on.

My set up was:
    HTC 801n
    4.2.2 stock rom
    rooted (s-on)
    CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1

Well it says nothing. After I enter the command it just says "waiting for device" and thats it. I tried power+volume combinations with this command too and still nothing.
    My HTC One M7 went off after I was watching a video (anime) and it wouldn't come back on or charge. My battery was at 73% and it just went off... I have literally no idea on what to do now. I have installed cm12.1 nightly 1 week ago. Yesterday at 04/04/2016, I installed a custom kernel - JekkosKrnel by jekkos and it was working perfectly. I don't know what to do now, because my phone isn't being recognized by my PC, nor does it show any signs of the LED turning red. I know this device is still on and working, because when i connected the earphones to my phone, it showed signs of static, i could hear them, so that means the device is still working. I tried doing that hold power button alongside vol- (even shined a bright light at the proximity sensor and still nothing,) I don't even know what to do.

Please tell me what to do, as I only had this device for a couple of months. Thanks!

let the battery drain completely. To do so plug in your device and switch off the power. Remain connected with Charger while charger is plugged in to the power supply but don't switch on the power supply. This will drain the battery faster.
    when the battery is completely dead. power on the switch or let it charger for some time. your set will be go alive most probably.