HTC One Diztronic TPU Case Review

Search This thread

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011

Beast of a case right here. Extremely thin, lightweight, and several different colors. I wouldn't expect anything less than that from Diztronic.

Amazon

Diztronic

If you guys have any questions about the case I would be happy to answer them. :good:

HotInEER

May 22, 2010
Frederick, MD
Seems nice, but I can cover up this sexy phone with a case like that. I must be able to see it in it's glory. Lol I have pre-ordered a few Poetic Cases and will be in several weeks, they had issues at the factory the guy told me.

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
Seems nice, but I can cover up this sexy phone with a case like that. I must be able to see it in it's glory. Lol I have pre-ordered a few Poetic Cases and will be in several weeks, they had issues at the factory the guy told me.

Yeah the Poetic cases look great. I'll be picking some up soon and reviewing those as well.

pokey9000

Apr 17, 2007
Austin
Beast indeed.

I bought one back when they were branded TC for my Galaxy S2 as a holdover until Seidio started selling a case. It was one of the cheapest on Amazon at the time. A year and a half and many miraculous saves later I'm retiring the phone in near perfect condition. I'm definitely getting one for my One.

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
Beast indeed.

I bought one back when they were branded TC for my Galaxy S2 as a holdover until Seidio started selling a case. It was one of the cheapest on Amazon at the time. A year and a half and many miraculous saves later I'm retiring the phone in near perfect condition. I'm definitely getting one for my One.

Yeah, I got my first one back when I had my Galaxy Nexus LTE. After being happily surprised I got both the hard shell and TPU for my Nexus 4 and will be using this one on my future HTC One. Hopefully sales are good enough for the TPU that they release a hard shell case.

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010
That gray looks sexy for sure. Anyone know if it will yellow over time though? I sure want it but scared it will look ugly in a few months time.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
That gray looks sexy for sure. Anyone know if it will yellow over time though? I sure want it but scared it will look ugly in a few months time.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I doubt it will grey over time. I've never had it happen to me on any case.

dxwilliams40

Mar 10, 2011
Savannah, GA
I ordered this case as well from amazon today. I can't help but notice the number of you guys posting from nexus 4 devices. I have only had the nexus 4 now for about 3 weeks yet I got the htc one today. I planned on returning it to bestbuy within my 14 day period to get the S4, but I will not part with this beast.

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010
I ordered this case as well from amazon today. I can't help but notice the number of you guys posting from nexus 4 devices. I have only had the nexus 4 now for about 3 weeks yet I got the htc one today. I planned on returning it to bestbuy within my 14 day period to get the S4, but I will not part with this beast.

Yeah I'm scared to make the switch to HTC and sense since I've had stock since the gnex lte but I've never owned an HTC device and I always thought sense looked nice. I've heard so many bad things about it that it has me worried, but I guess I've gotten bored of pure stock for a bit and its time to try something new. Either way I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully its worth it!

Sent from my Nexus 4

pokey9000

Apr 17, 2007
Austin
I got my Diztronic Gray TPU case today, and since I've been using the HHI (purchased from that $0.99 sale last week) I figured I'd share the differences having them both in hand.

As I said above, I had a Diztronic TPU on a previous phone and enjoyed it although it had a few flaws (excess molding flash around buttons, missing NC mic hole). Being a tightass I jumped on the cheap HHI case deal, figuring I'd take a chance on other manufacturers matching that same quality.

And I was rewarded for my cheapness with a cheap case. The HHI case has two big problems as far as I'm concerned. The cutout for the power button is pill shaped, following the contour of the button and projecting upwards away from the case. It doesn't leave much room for a finger to press, especially when trying to use your index finger when one-handing it. I remedied this with an X-Acto and a soldering iron to smooth the cut, opening up the button hole towards the back of the case. More troubling though is the fit around the front of the case. HHI managed to get the back of the case to fit the curves of the One nicely. However they didn't account for the bevel around the One's bezel. The side effect of this is that the corners don't stretch the front portion enough, leaving the sides to bow out a couple of mm at the center of each side. I don't think this would affect the function of the case in an impact, but at best it ruins the straight line aesthetic of this phone. One lesser annoyance is the molding seam that runs the entire perimeter, which isn't distracting to the touch but is very obvious against the transparent side pieces.

The HHI seems like it would be a functional case from the aspect of being protective: it covers the corners with shock absorbing TPU and protects the bezel where it counts. It goes in and out of pockets easily and the matte clear blends well with the color of the silver phone.

Today the Diztronic came in and the extra $11.51 proved well worth it. The Diztronic case fixes both of the issues I had with the HHI: the power button cutout is nearly flush with the button at the front and back, making it easy to push, and the front fits snug and stays straight along the edges. Like the HHI, the cutouts all line up ok, and while it doesn't make a functional difference the camera cutout is centered maybe 1mm too low. Unlike the HHI, the molding seams are small and in the corners. My previous TPU case experience was with a black case, so time will tell if I'll see this one turn yellow after a few months. If that happens (and supposedly it's inevitable with clear TPU) I'll buy the black version without hesitation.

TL;DR: The HHI and Diztronic TPU cases both do their jobs, but the Diztronic is well worth the extra money for the fit and finish.

Reactions: Nxxx

beforedenied

Feb 21, 2011
Santa Rosa

fightr

Oct 12, 2010
I don't like how the logo and branding has gradually gotten larger and larger as well as the price increase.

AndrewAmazed

Jun 26, 2010
Southern California
The logo is so small though... And it's only $11! Haha

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Haha 'tis is true but I remember I got my HTC One S case for approximately $7 or so but
nevertheless I am quite content with this case! I just recieved it today, so far so good. I was a little concerned that it would cover the camera a little as the cutout looks really tight and possibly even touches the lens but it actually doesn't affect the pictures which is fine for me!
Otherwise I'm liking it! I feel like it is definitely a little more protected than it would be naked but slim enough to not make much of a difference although I do miss the aluminum unibody feel a little..
Just to add, definitely not going to protect much from a crazy fall or anything but I already knew that when I decided to purchase it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my Diztronic Gray TPU case today, and since I've been using the HHI (purchased from that $0.99 sale last week) I figured I'd share the differences having them both in hand.

As I said above, I had a Diztronic TPU on a previous phone and enjoyed it although it had a few flaws (excess molding flash around buttons, missing NC mic hole). Being a tightass I jumped on the cheap HHI case deal, figuring I'd take a chance on other manufacturers matching that same quality.

And I was rewarded for my cheapness with a cheap case. The HHI case has two big problems as far as I'm concerned. The cutout for the power button is pill shaped, following the contour of the button and projecting upwards away from the case. It doesn't leave much room for a finger to press, especially when trying to use your index finger when one-handing it. I remedied this with an X-Acto and a soldering iron to smooth the cut, opening up the button hole towards the back of the case. More troubling though is the fit around the front of the case. HHI managed to get the back of the case to fit the curves of the One nicely. However they didn't account for the bevel around the One's bezel. The side effect of this is that the corners don't stretch the front portion enough, leaving the sides to bow out a couple of mm at the center of each side. I don't think this would affect the function of the case in an impact, but at best it ruins the straight line aesthetic of this phone. One lesser annoyance is the molding seam that runs the entire perimeter, which isn't distracting to the touch but is very obvious against the transparent side pieces.

The HHI seems like it would be a functional case from the aspect of being protective: it covers the corners with shock absorbing TPU and protects the bezel where it counts. It goes in and out of pockets easily and the matte clear blends well with the color of the silver phone.

Today the Diztronic came in and the extra $11.51 proved well worth it. The Diztronic case fixes both of the issues I had with the HHI: the power button cutout is nearly flush with the button at the front and back, making it easy to push, and the front fits snug and stays straight along the edges. Like the HHI, the cutouts all line up ok, and while it doesn't make a functional difference the camera cutout is centered maybe 1mm too low. Unlike the HHI, the molding seams are small and in the corners. My previous TPU case experience was with a black case, so time will tell if I'll see this one turn yellow after a few months. If that happens (and supposedly it's inevitable with clear TPU) I'll buy the black version without hesitation.

TL;DR: The HHI and Diztronic TPU cases both do their jobs, but the Diztronic is well worth the extra money for the fit and finish.