• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC One Google Edition coming (stock android)

Search This thread

Sarsippius

Aug 6, 2010
If this does turn out to be true I think it will be a good move even if I doubt I will ever put AOSP on my One. It should at least sway a lot of those buyers who would get the S4 purely for AOSP and will hopefully aid all the devs who work on AOSP roms for the One.

On a personal level I have a Nexus 7 and don't really think AOSP offers anything really compelling compared to the current Sense and I wouldn't want to loose the camera features.

Reactions: mitas35

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
If this does turn out to be true I think it will be a good move even if I doubt I will ever put AOSP on my One. It should at least sway a lot of those buyers who would get the S4 purely for AOSP and will hopefully aid all the devs who work on AOSP roms for the One.

On a personal level I have a Nexus 7 and don't really think AOSP offers anything really compelling compared to the current Sense and I wouldn't want to loose the camera features.

it will also help a lot of the fragmentation issues. so its a start! but I do love sense

Gambler_3

Oct 30, 2011
Nobody cares about "stock" android, the reason why a google device matters is because CM and other popular roms like PA run almost 100% stable on nexus devices due to the sheer ease of development on those devices.

Reactions: meisterc

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hmmm........well, im happy with my htc sense version. And i cant stand stock android. Maybe its a good move, if its true, but im more than happy with sense, and my ONE. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: killman2659

killman2659

Mar 26, 2012
Illinois, USA
Hmmm........well, im happy with my htc sense version. And i cant stand stock android. Maybe its a good move, if its true, but im more than happy with sense, and my ONE. :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

This. I am a stock Android fan but you lose a lot of the Ones functionality if you flash an AOSP ROM

Sent from my HTC One

teiva

Dec 15, 2012
I actually like the interface for the ONE as it is and wouldn't bother with a stock android installation.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using xda premium

Reactions: zounduser

m0nz

May 5, 2013
That's just awesome! Google is doing great things with these "Google edition" phones...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
All they need to do is keep sense which I think is very good and just put it into the AOSP chain so the phone gets updates at the same time as the nexus range and also the galaxy s4 google edition.

Although a google edition HTC One with AOSP would certainly go a long way to helping out Cyanogenmod etc as well.

ataft

Apr 23, 2012
Dalian
I'm surprised how much I am liking the stock experience on this phone. It is great news that Google is now going to be selling pure AOSP Samsung (and hopefully HTC) phones, but nothing would sway me to pure AOSP at the moment. Sense on the One X was different compared to sense on the One. It is so refined and functional on the One that I would actually prefer it over AOSP and most AOSP based Roms. I guess what would ultimately get me, however, are future updates to Android. HTC is a pain in the ass with updates.

Great news either way though. Smart move by Google.

tmcquake

Jul 11, 2010
N/A
This. I am a stock Android fan but you lose a lot of the Ones functionality if you flash an AOSP ROM

Sent from my HTC One

I agree. In the past I have been a stock Android fanboy, but after using the great features that Sense offers (Boomsound, Zoes, TV remote app, etc) it is not worth it to me to lose them in favour of stock. My preferred solution is to just install Holo Locker and Nova Launcher - gives me the look of stock with the features of Sense 5.

take55

Oct 1, 2008
If a Google Edition will be released - will people be able to flash their own devices and turn them into stock Android devices?

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
If a Google Edition will be released - will people be able to flash their own devices and turn them into stock Android devices?

I guess it would make aosp/cm/aokp etc development really quick and a lot more going here. since all htc variants have the same hardware, it will certainly be amazing ! :)

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

The Rumours are True! 'Google Edition' HTC One coming soon with vanilla Android : Link

Reactions: blackroseMD1

jbarrack

Dec 19, 2011
If this true my HTC One will be on ebay as soon as the announcement is made. I will def get this phone. No matter how much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont understand the hate towards Beats Audio. One of the reasons I'm not going AOSP roms yet on my One, is no Beats Audio. Have you heard how the speakers sound without Beats Audio on? Turn on a song, leave it playing and turn off Beats Audio in settings. You will cry.

Anyway, happy the HTC One GE will come with Beats Audio. Hope they devs can use it for AOSP roms on our normal One's.

When beats is turned off, the equalizer doesn't go back to neutral levels, it actually lowers the bass and adds treble to make it sound way worse than it would at neutral levels.

That's how they get you...

check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdbn_pmxFic

Sent from my HTC One

I agree. In the past I have been a stock Android fanboy, but after using the great features that Sense offers (Boomsound, Zoes, TV remote app, etc) it is not worth it to me to lose them in favour of stock. My preferred solution is to just install Holo Locker and Nova Launcher - gives me the look of stock with the features of Sense 5.
    Why would anyone want to buy this when you can simply just flash a AOSP ROM, anyway I much prefer sense 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Just for the record, I hate Sense with a passion, it is inconsistent, lousy and amateurish compared to stock Google UI. I WELCOME the stock Android on the beautiful HTC ONE, at least I can finally use the ONE stable without butchered UI made by a lesser team than Google's.

I hope all HTC ones can be flashed with the stock Android.

Absolute rubbish, sense 5 is fantastic and HTC have finally got it right and this is from someone who is traditionally a stock Android man.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Not for me thanks. I've meddled with cm and asop in the past on other devices for speed but, barring a few very minor glitches, for me this device is perfect. :D