HTC one M7 no OS installed

Search This thread

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
Hello, am new at this, but I really need some assistance, I wipe my M7 but I cannot reinstall a new rom, first my computer said that it cannot find the android 1.0 driver, I try using pdanet but requested me to active the debugging option that is inside the OS but i dont have one, can someone help, also I try to send a file from my computer to the device but keeps saying it cant, am assuming cause the driver failure, I already have TWRP, unlocked and superus, can someone guide me, also am not that smart if you please keep simply instruction will be great, appreciated

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello, am new at this, but I really need some assistance, I wipe my M7 but I cannot reinstall a new rom, first my computer said that it cannot find the android 1.0 driver, I try using pdanet but requested me to active the debugging option that is inside the OS but i dont have one, can someone help, also I try to send a file from my computer to the device but keeps saying it cant, am assuming cause the driver failure, I already have TWRP, unlocked and superus, can someone guide me, also am not that smart if you please keep simply instruction will be great, appreciated

Usb debugging is only needed to get adb commands working from a booted OS. You don't need to have USB Debugging turned on to use adb commands from TWRP. Anyway pdanet will not work from twrp...

You'll need to install the right drivers so you can use adb commands (form TWRP) and fastboot commands (from bootloader) to fix your phone.
Download and install the latest driver version for HTC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ulx1xl5k1zhk5j/HTC_Driver_4.17.0.001.exe

Once done, connect your phone to your computer and reboot it in bootloader mode. Make sure that you can see "fastboot usb" highlighted in red (like in this picture). If yes, open a command window from your computer adb/fastboot folder and type "fastboot getvar all" (without the quotes) and hit enter. Copy/paste the output here so we can know a little more about your phone and how to help you get the correct rom on it (remove your IMEI and SERIALNO before posting).

Btw do you want it to run a stock or custom rom? What is your TWRP version?

Last edited:

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
"alray" I download the drivers and install them, I connected the phone in fastboot and is highlighted red with the usb as well, I open the command center and type "fastboot getvar all", but it says waiting for any device, and stays there does not do anything, I wait almost 30 minutes and nothing, am i doing something wrong?, thanks

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
apparently even after installing the drivers, the device manager still not recognize my phone, although in the fastboot bootloader says usb, I do not know how to insert and image about my device manager, phone and installation programs, sorry

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
"alray", finally got it, is used this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118, version 1.3, and drivers were installed correctly, this is the information you requested me,
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 7.17.1540.51
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4289mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-46c17580
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.180s

Regarding the rom, I dont have any preference, I even not know the difference, can you recommend me one?, and TWRP version 3.0.2-0, now what would be the next step?, thanks

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
@alray [alray][/alray], which rom should I install and how, I try to download htc gen unlock, dev edition unlock, and once connected to the phone in fastboot usb, using command fastboot update "*.zip (zip file I download)", but says that "error: update package 'C:\fastboot\m7wlv-3.4.10-g7875f0c.zip' has no android-info.txt", should I install a different one?, thanks

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
@alray [alray][/alray], which rom should I install and how, I try to download htc gen unlock, dev edition unlock from http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads, and once connected to the phone in fastboot usb, using command fastboot update "*.zip (zip file I download)", but says that "error: update package 'C:\fastboot\m7wlv-3.4.10-g7875f0c.zip' has no android-info.txt", should I install a different one?, thanks

alray

May 22, 2012
@alray [alray][/alray], which rom should I install and how, I try to download htc gen unlock, dev edition unlock from http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads, and once connected to the phone in fastboot usb, using command fastboot update "*.zip (zip file I download)", but says that "error: update package 'C:\fastboot\m7wlv-3.4.10-g7875f0c.zip' has no android-info.txt", should I install a different one?, thanks

This file is not for your phone, better to delete it you'll not need it.

I would suggest that you flash a RUU, this will get back your phone to the stock rom. The process is a little different from flashing a rom from TWRP but imo, the result is better.

download htc_fastboot.exe and save it in the same folder where you already have adb.exe and fastboot.exe

Download this RUU and save it in the same folder where you already have adb.exe, fastboot.exe and htc_fastboot.exe
Note that there is currently maintenance on the website hosting these files, if you can't download the files wait a few hours and try again.

Connect your phone to your computer, reboot it in bootloader mode and make sure "fastboot usb" is highlighted in red

Start a command window from your adb/fastboot folder

Type:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
Your phone will reboot in RUU mode, a black screen with silver HTC logo.

Type
Code:
fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.401.51_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_458803_signed.zip
Wait for the file to be flashed (it will take several minutes).

Once the RUU is sucesfully flashed reboot the phone using this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
Note that the first boot after flashing a RUU can take a little more time than usual.

Btw sorry for the delay, got a problem here just after replying to your PM.

Last edited:

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016

I would suggest that you flash a RUU, this will get back your phone to the stock rom. The process is a little different from flashing a rom from TWRP but imo, the result is better.

download htc_fastboot.exe and save it in the same folder where you already have adb.exe and fastboot.exe

Download this RUU and save it in the same folder where you already have adb.exe, fastboot.exe and htc_fastboot.exe
Note that there is currently maintenance on the website hosting these files, if you can't download the files wait a few hours and try again.

Connect your phone to your computer, reboot it in bootloader mode and make sure "fastboot usb" is highlighted in red

Type:
Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU

Type
Code:
fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.401.51_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_458803_signed.zip

Code:
fastboot reboot
Note that the first boot after flashing a RUU can take a little more time than usual.

@alray, problem for the time you are the one helping me, this is what the command center gave me after I fallow your instructions
C:\fastboot>fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.031s]
finished. total time: 0.031s

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.401.
51_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_458803_signed.zip
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
Invalid sparse file format at header magi
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 174334115 is not a multiple of t
he block size 4096
sending sparse 'zip' (1478648 KB)...
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 174334115 is not a multiple of t
he block size 4096
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 7.361s

What should I do?

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
@alray, I did it again a few time and like twice change the notification to the follow
OKAY [ 0.042s]
finished. total time: 0.043s

C:\fastboot>fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.401.
he block size 4096
he block size 4096
he block size 4096
OKAY [ 65.303s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) shift signature_size for header checking...
FAILED (remote: 32 header error)
finished. total time: 65.507s

alray

May 22, 2012
@alray, I did it again a few time and like twice change the notification to the follow
OKAY [ 0.042s]

he block size 4096
he block size 4096
he block size 4096
OKAY [ 65.303s]
writing 'zip'...
Sorry my bad, the command is

Code:
htc_fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.401.

Note that the difference is "htc_fastboot" instead of "fastboot"
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: adrianponce

Hello bud. I'm quiet experienced with the HTC One (M7) and would be more the happy to help you with your issue. Are you trying to update to the latest HTC firmware or lollipop?

¤-TIP FROM THE NOOB-¤-¤-
1. enable USB Debugging before flashing custom recovery.
2. back up system before granting apk's root permission, editing system files, and flashing a new rom.
? better safe than sorry ?

?May the Angels lead your way Tom (Tony Stark) . You will be missed bud ?

alray

May 22, 2012
Hello bud. I'm quiet experienced with the HTC One (M7) and would be more the happy to help you with your issue. Are you trying to update to the latest HTC firmware or lollipop?

¤-TIP FROM THE NOOB-¤-¤-
2. back up system before granting apk's root permission, editing system files, and flashing a new rom.

Glad you are joining the discussion cause I'll eventually leave to work. OP should be able to flash the RUU with your help, just forgot to mention that he/she had to use htc_fastboot for flashing the RUU hence the "Invalid sparse file format" error (See post above yours).

Btw no offense intended but I think tip #1 is leading to confusion. USB debugging is not required to flash a custom recovery nor it is required to use adb from recovery. USB debugging is only enabling ADB access from a booted rom...:good:

Last edited:
Glad you are joining the discussion cause I'll eventually leave to work. OP should be able to flash the RUU with your help, just forgot to mention that he/she had to use htc_fastboot for flashing the RUU hence the "Invalid sparse file format" error (See post above yours).

Btw no offense intended but I think tip #1 is leading to confusion. USB debugging is not required to flash a custom recovery nor it is required to use adb from recovery. USB debugging is only enabling ADB access from a booted rom...:good:

I know. Just been told. Sudo fastboot flash recovery.img is needed to flash it. I'm pro HTC and never found the reason why to enable it in system settings

Sent from my latest and greatest HTC One M7 UL

-¤-¤-TIP FROM THE NOOB-¤-¤-
2. Create system back-up before granting apk's root permission, editing system files, and flashing a new rom.

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
@alray @Tony the noob :D, first thanks for your help, just want to mention that I run the htc_fastboot,
C:\fastboot>htc_fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.1
401.51_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_458803_signed.zip
htc_fastboot v3.0.9.2 (2015-05-29)
target rom version: 7.19.401.51
found large-zip header, file count: 5
processing file 1/5...

But it stock there, been like 30 minutes, and my phone got out of the HTC gray logo, and now is in the white screen loader, but instead of saying fastboot and all that stuff, only says RUU, is that ok?

adrianponce

Aug 1, 2016
@alray @Tony The noob ,after cleaning the cache and try it again this is the notification
C:\fastboot>htc_fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.
401.51_Radio_4T.35.3218.16_10.33Q.1718.01L_release_458803_signed.zip
htc_fastboot v3.0.9.2 (2015-05-29)
target rom version: 7.19.401.51
found large-zip header, file count: 5
processing file 1/5...
sending 'zip' (50228 KB)...
OKAY [ 3.136s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) rom parsing start ...
(bootloader) rom parsing finish ...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 4.900s
preupdate done, rebooting...
resending command...
sending 'zip' (50228 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 10.441s
htc_fastboot finished. total time: 26.124s

@alray @Tony the noob :D, after trying few time more, finally I could, I just want to say appreciated for all the directions you gave me.

Good to hear that. If you need any other assistance, please post or send me PM.

Sent from my latest and greatest HTC One M7 UL

-¤-¤-TIP FROM THE NOOB-¤-¤-
Create system back-up before granting apk's root permission, editing system files, and flashing a new rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Usb debugging is only needed to get adb commands working from a booted OS. You don't need to have USB Debugging turned on to use adb commands from TWRP. Anyway pdanet will not work from twrp...

You'll need to install the right drivers so you can use adb commands (form TWRP) and fastboot commands (from bootloader) to fix your phone.
    Download and install the latest driver version for HTC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ulx1xl5k1zhk5j/HTC_Driver_4.17.0.001.exe

Once done, connect your phone to your computer and reboot it in bootloader mode. Make sure that you can see "fastboot usb" highlighted in red (like in this picture). If yes, open a command window from your computer adb/fastboot folder and type "fastboot getvar all" (without the quotes) and hit enter. Copy/paste the output here so we can know a little more about your phone and how to help you get the correct rom on it (remove your IMEI and SERIALNO before posting).

Btw do you want it to run a stock or custom rom? What is your TWRP version?

Type:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

Type
    Code:

Code:
    fastboot reboot

OKAY [ 0.042s]

he block size 4096
    he block size 4096
    he block size 4096
    OKAY [ 65.303s]
    writing 'zip'...
    Sorry my bad, the command is

Code:
    htc_fastboot flash zip PN07IMG_M7_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_HTC_Europe_7.19.401.

Note that the difference is "htc_fastboot" instead of "fastboot"
    Sent from my HTC One using XDA Labs