• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC One (M8) for Windows

Search This thread

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Windows joins the HTC One Family

Windows Phone fans, today is the day that you’ve been waiting for since we announced the M8 earlier this year. Introducing the HTC One (M8) for Windows, the first time an iconic flagship device is offered on multiple operating systems – Android and now Windows.

“Consumers love the HTC One (M8) and today’s introduction extends that enthusiasm to new audiences hungry for choice in their mobile experience,” said Jason Mackenzie, President of HTC Americas. “HTC fills a gap in the market for unique devices that put a premium on form and function. Microsoft shares our vision, and that’s why we committed to providing the best experience with the HTC One (M8) on the Windows Phone platform.”

This phone is an M8 in its core, offering the same premium and unique experiences that are standard, including HTC BlinkFeed, HTC BoomSound, Duo Camera with UltraPixel technology, a 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera and support for the HTC Dot View case.

Under the hood is Windows Phone 8.1 Update, which incorporates a host of meaningful innovations:

• Cortana, Windows’ truly personal digital assistant, makes her HTC debut in this phone. Adept at searching for sushi and setting calendar appointments, Cortana also offers the ability to proactively warn you when it’s time to leave for your next appointment or remind you to pick up milk on the way home.
  • Action Center provides one swipe access to all your recent notifications and messages, as well as programmable quick settings.
  • Apps Corner sandboxes apps and folders into a protected area of the phone and allows users to separate personal and professional information, creating distinct experiences for work and pleasure in a single device.
  • Windows Phone takes on the chores of battery, data and storage management, and keying in passwords for known Wi-Fi networks, allowing users more time to explore the phone’s innovative functionality that truly puts consumer needs first.
328597-HTC_One_M8_for_Windows_2-thumbnail-notsohuge.jpg
Availability
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is available now, exclusively through Verizon Wireless online for $149.99 and will be in stores tomorrow, Aug. 20. Additionally, Microsoft Stores will sell the device with Verizon service and a special offer for a free HTC Dot View Case and screen protector for $25. The retro styling of HTC Dot View, HTC’s intuitive and eye-catching case that shows calls and alerts through a protective shell, is available as an accessory for the HTC One (M8) for Windows.

No information about a release outside the US or Verizon Wireless at this time.

For more information about the HTC One (M8) for Windows, you can visit the HTC Blog and the product page. Feel free to share this information as we’re launching a “Share This: Windows Phone” activity later this morning! :)

And while you’re at it, check out this beautiful photo album (elevate membership required) with more photos of this stunning device (it is an M8 after all).

Last edited:

jamezr

Jul 26, 2010
USA
This has awesome possibilities! Can you imagine dual booting Android or WP8 on your HTC M8? This phone just keeps getting better!

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
lets be honest; most people wouldn't touch a windows phone with a 10 foot pole, and this phone wont change that much; its not the phone that makes windows phones so un desireable, its the OS itself, and lack of apps and developer support.

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
After getting my G3 Cat.6, the M8 is my secondary device. Because of that, I'd be more than happy to give it some Windows Phone treatment if possible, however I'm guessing there'll be some hoops getting it from Verizon to GSM.

Sent from my LG G3 Cat.6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: frankmehta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moderator Warning

Can this thread get back on track please. This thread is not meant to be which is better windows or android or which phone is better. Can it be solely for the purpose of trying to find ways of porting windows to the m8.
    We are monitoring this thread very closely and may decide to close if no further useful information is added to the thread.

Many thanks,

Ghost

Ok so I bit the dust and bought it. I still have my android M8 also. Until I figure out which one I like better. But if anyone wants me to do anything to get this whole development thing started then lay it on me. I have no hacking knowledge but I know my way around a PC. ?
    Yep. I say we need a system dump and Cotulla here :p
    Or me and MultiROM
    Man this brings flashbacks to the mighty HD2 days :D
    Too bad the Microsoft store has Like 100 apps?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

We can have a flamewar somewhere else. Let's focus on how this could be the second coming of the great HD2 instead.