• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC ONE M8- Stuck In Bootloop After Trying To Update

Search This thread

Khaira

Sep 16, 2015
After Update bootloop ... please help!

Hello everyone!

So im trying to fix this HTC One M8 since yesterday. My gf tried to install the latest update, after she did the phone went into bootloop.
It was rooted, TWRP recovery installed.

Now i tried yesterday to get i back to stock, but strangely nothing seems to work. I downloaded a couple of ruu ZIP files, none of them worked. Only thing worked was the cyanogenmod but well... she wants her phone back to stock
Every Stock-image i could find was for 4.16.401.10, but the phone says its 4.16.401.13.
Please help me! What exactly must i do in order to get i back to stock?

< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.25.214500021.06G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.16.401.13
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__102
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: f063fb42
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.040s

EDIT
strange thing is, even with android SDK and USB drivers my laptop wont execute an RUU.exe... it fails due to not finding the device even though its connected to the laptop and i can acess the phones memory

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
So im trying to fix this HTC One M8 since yesterday. My gf tried to install the latest update, after she did the phone went into bootloop.
It was rooted, TWRP recovery installed.

In addition to stock 4.16.401.13 ROM, you will also need stock recovery. Since TWRP is on the phone, OTA will cause the phone to boot over and over looking for stock recovery (and not finding it).

Now i tried yesterday to get i back to stock, but strangely nothing seems to work. I downloaded a couple of ruu ZIP files, none of them worked.

Unless the RUU zip is 4.16.401.13, its going to fail CID or version checks.

Every Stock-image i could find was for 4.16.401.10, but the phone says its 4.16.401.13.

You can get .13 stock nandroid and recovery here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/help/tutorial-how-to-stock-stock-twrp-t3086860

Note this is a nandroid, and not a flashable ROM zip. So restore according to the instruction given in the same thread.

strange thing is, even with android SDK and USB drivers my laptop wont execute an RUU.exe... it fails due to not finding the device even though its connected to the laptop and i can acess the phones memory

Did you try with the phone in fastboot mode?

Any response if you type the command: fastboot devices
Response should be the phone's serial number if you have fastboot connectivity.

What Windows version?

Also, as previously stated, unless the RUU is 4.16.401.13, it will fail anyway.