• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC one M8 stuck in bootloop

Search This thread

ThomasHoey

Apr 20, 2016
It clearly says in the instructions for this method: Rename the RUU zip to RUU.zip
If the RUU stopped at the "flush image again immediately" error, just flash it again (this is a common and normal result).

I understand what it says but when doing this I got this error. "cannot open file RUU.zip"

Iv ran it 3 times now so how many times must I run it?

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I understand what it says but when doing this I got this error. "cannot open file RUU.zip"

Iv ran it 3 times now so how many times must I run it?

Did you actually rename the file RUU.zip? The error "cannot open file" usually means there is no file in the folder (where htc_fastboot is located) named RUU.zip.

If you renamed the file, make sure you don't have the Windows option enabled to hide file extensions (which is usually the default - I highly recommend turning it off) which may have caused you to unknowingly rename it RUU.zip.zip (which would make the command fail, as its looking for a file name RUU.zip that isn't there).

After getting the "flush image again immidiately" error, it should work correctly on the 2nd try, if you did everything correctly. You shouldn't have to flash more than twice.

When it installs correctly, you should see a lengthy output in your CMD window, of each partition on the phone (hopefully) flashing successfully.

ThomasHoey

Apr 20, 2016
Did you actually rename the file RUU.zip? The error "cannot open file" usually means there is no file in the folder (where htc_fastboot is located) named RUU.zip.

no I called it RUU not RUU.zip

If you renamed the file, make sure you don't have the Windows option enabled to hide file extensions (which is usually the default - I highly recommend turning it off) which may have caused you to unknowingly rename it RUU.zip.zip (which would make the command fail, as its looking for a file name RUU.zip that isn't there).

When it runs after the Failed message pic provied

it reboots the phone and then hangs at sending zip

ThomasHoey

Apr 20, 2016
When using the command to flash zip, there actually has to be a .zip to flash.

there is a zip file. I turned off hide extension for known file types. Now the file is called RUU.zip

Can you post the whole command and output? Getting the "flush image" error twice is really unusual.

pic attached of full command and output.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cant get access to recovery mode phone wont load bootloader.

Hold vol up and power on, until the screen goes dark (may take a minute or so). While the screen is dark, and before the white logo screen comes on, let go of the buttons and only hold vol down. Don't let go of vol down, until the bootloader screen appears.

This virtually always works. So if you can't get into bootloader, try again. Failure to get into bootloader this way, is usually due to not pressing vol down fast enough, or letting go too early.

From there, if you need more help, do fastboot getvar all, and post the results (delete IMEI and serial number) so we can get more info about the device.