HTC One M9 - 3.35.401.12 RUU installer how to guide!

Search This thread

Nikolay82

Sep 11, 2015
I wanted to make a small guide how to return your HTC one m9 to stock with RUU exe installer. The steps are pretty simple so please follow them. Please note that this is only for WWE international models. Same procedure can be done for other regions, however, the files are different. Doing this, you will also get a latest Marshmallow and 3.35.401.12 update! This will save you of hassle to copy and flash your phone several times over to get it done, this procedure does all that. You will not even need to open a command prompt.

Before you do this procedure backup yours files somewhere safe.
This will wipe everything you have on the phone to stock settings. This will also unroot your device and remove custom recovery if you had any.

Follow this guide step by step. Do not open / run anything if I haven't said so.

1. For sake of being organized make a new folder on your desktop called "RUU" and make sure your phone has more than 30% battery otherwise RUU procedure wont work.
2. Download HTC sync manager from here and install it (this can help if RUU installer starts derping with USB connections etc : http://www.htc.com/us/support/software/htc-sync-manager.aspx
3. Download the RUU exe from here and put it in the RUU folder you created on the desktop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952597788
4. Download the rom.zip file from here and put it in the RUU folder on your desktop. File name needs to be rom.zip
5. Navigate to TEMP folder by typing %temp% in the search bar. If you can't find the temp folder this way then simply navigate to: C:\Users\PCname\AppData\Local\Temp
6. Select all folders you see there and delete them. If you get a file in use or skip message then please do so.
7. Go back to the RUU folder we created earlier and run the RUU exe file from step 3 as an admin. Give it a little time to load and once you are here don't press on next.
8. Copy rom.zip file from RUU folder and navigate to %temp% folder. Paste rom.zip file here: http://prntscr.com/a5gwae
9. Once copying is finished go back to the RUU exe window from step 7 and start clicking next until it prompts you to update. Click on update to 3.35.401.12.
10. During this procedure the phone will go on and off for a few times and after several minutes it will give the message that procedure has been finished successfully.

- Please note that all files are official. Hope this little guide helped you.

ghost12369

Nov 22, 2011
TnQ so much man. I was searching for this RUU for a while but couldn't find it. I'm gonna test it tomorrow. BTW i have an unlocked bootloader and s-on, do i need to relock bootloader before installing RUU?:confused:

cloves

Apr 25, 2008
Quick question guys, running marshmallow 6, 3.39.531.7, I want to roll back to Android 5.0.2, 1.32.531.33. Is this possible via this method? Phone is not rooted and s-on? T-Mobile is the carrier

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
Quick question guys, running marshmallow 6, 3.39.531.7, I want to roll back to Android 5.0.2, 1.32.531.33. Is this possible visa this method? Phone is not rooted and s-on? T-Mobile is the carrier

Downgrades are not possible as long as you are S-ON. You need S-OFF to do this.

Send by the swarm intelligence of my coffee machine ?.

Reactions: cloves

cloves

Apr 25, 2008
Ok so I could flash the same firmware via this method so long as the ruu matches? Unless of course I could s-off then s-on before sending the phone back in.

INSAN3k1d

Sep 23, 2012
Question: Once I RUU to Marshmallow from this, am I able to install CM13? I assume so. ( My phone is Htc One m9 (att/cingular) (502)) or will this not work, seeing you have the International (401))

Last edited:

Faszfreddy

Mar 23, 2016
HTC One M9, Help to get back to stock to install 3.5

Good Morning I have tried all this step by step, i cannot not get this to work does everything except put on my phone, phone is connected to pc via usb and through HTC sync Manager and reconised and have done exactly every step, can someone please help, i have Viper installed 3.5 as i am only on os-2.9.841.5 as i have accidently deleted backed up firmware, Can someone Please help, Regards Freddy

zixtee

Aug 25, 2015
i got S-ON and **LOCKED** i tried to run the RUU(not the one on this thread but in htc/download the UNLOCKED/DEVELOPER HTC One M9) but it gives me error 131(which is wrong region) So is there a RUU international? and is there a possible way to S-OFF free?

owhigho

May 23, 2015
error 158 image error.

i tired updating my m9 to 6.0 with ruu.exe but i get this image error message.now am stock at just the startup screen.pls i need help.the phone has no carrier

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
my M9 CID is HTC__002. Is it true if I flashed the RUU, my phone will be flashed into demo mode?

thanks
Please don't post more or less the same question in several threads. It's considered as rude behaviour on xda.

An xda search for "demo" would have been enough for finding this thread. If you read the whole thread you'll learn everything about the problems that arise with the latest firmware and the Demo-CID HTC__002.

Reactions: abdinsyakirin

Eayip1

Oct 20, 2016
Please don't post more or less the same question in several threads. It's considered as rude behaviour on xda.

An xda search for "demo" would have been enough for finding this thread. If you read the whole thread you'll learn everything about the problems that arise with the latest firmware and the Demo-CID HTC__002.

Oh, i didnt know that. Im so sorry man..

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to make a small guide how to return your HTC one m9 to stock with RUU exe installer. The steps are pretty simple so please follow them. Please note that this is only for WWE international models. Same procedure can be done for other regions, however, the files are different. Doing this, you will also get a latest Marshmallow and 3.35.401.12 update! This will save you of hassle to copy and flash your phone several times over to get it done, this procedure does all that. You will not even need to open a command prompt.

Before you do this procedure backup yours files somewhere safe.
    This will wipe everything you have on the phone to stock settings. This will also unroot your device and remove custom recovery if you had any.

Follow this guide step by step. Do not open / run anything if I haven't said so.

1. For sake of being organized make a new folder on your desktop called "RUU" and make sure your phone has more than 30% battery otherwise RUU procedure wont work.
    2. Download HTC sync manager from here and install it (this can help if RUU installer starts derping with USB connections etc : http://www.htc.com/us/support/software/htc-sync-manager.aspx
    3. Download the RUU exe from here and put it in the RUU folder you created on the desktop: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952597788
    4. Download the rom.zip file from here and put it in the RUU folder on your desktop. File name needs to be rom.zip
    5. Navigate to TEMP folder by typing %temp% in the search bar. If you can't find the temp folder this way then simply navigate to: C:\Users\PCname\AppData\Local\Temp
    6. Select all folders you see there and delete them. If you get a file in use or skip message then please do so.
    7. Go back to the RUU folder we created earlier and run the RUU exe file from step 3 as an admin. Give it a little time to load and once you are here don't press on next.
    8. Copy rom.zip file from RUU folder and navigate to %temp% folder. Paste rom.zip file here: http://prntscr.com/a5gwae
    9. Once copying is finished go back to the RUU exe window from step 7 and start clicking next until it prompts you to update. Click on update to 3.35.401.12.
    10. During this procedure the phone will go on and off for a few times and after several minutes it will give the message that procedure has been finished successfully.

- Please note that all files are official. Hope this little guide helped you.
    No, you don't have to.
    Or just rename the rom.zip to 0PJAIMG.zip copy to the sd card root, after that power off the phone hold vol- and power select download mode and follow the instructions on the screen.
    BTW thx for the rom
    Quick question guys, running marshmallow 6, 3.39.531.7, I want to roll back to Android 5.0.2, 1.32.531.33. Is this possible visa this method? Phone is not rooted and s-on? T-Mobile is the carrier

Downgrades are not possible as long as you are S-ON. You need S-OFF to do this.

Send by the swarm intelligence of my coffee machine ?.
    my M9 CID is HTC__002. Is it true if I flashed the RUU, my phone will be flashed into demo mode?

thanks

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone