Search This thread

cnsops

Mar 31, 2016
[RESOLVED 02 APR 2016]
-- Solution --
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759889622

Hello.

I need some help to restore to factory.

The phone is the HTC One M9e -- Android Version: 5.0.2 -- HTC Sense Version 7.0 -- Software Number: 1.03.709.13

I have unlocked the bootloader and the software status is **Modified**

I believe the problem is when I used fastboot to install TWRP 3.0.0.2 without reading that this is actually an upgrade and TWRP earlier versions must have been intalled prior. As a result now, I am unable to get past -- BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE -- When I press power button, I see...

"This build is for development purposes only..."

The only option left is to reboot the phone after this. Here are some additional details...

HTC_HIMAR 128 SHIP S-ON
CID-HTC__621
LK-1.01.0000 013d9a88
OS-1.03.709.13

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks..

Last edited:
Reactions: orobas

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
HTC U12+
I guess Captain Throwback removed the download link from his thread (that version has never been available on the official website). [Edit: The following recommendations apply to the M9 (codename: HIMA).] According to him the recommended versions are 2.8.7.1-CPTB-Beta1 (can be found in his thread) for firmware versions 2.x or lower and 3.0.0-2 (can be found on the official website) for firmware versions 3.x. I've been using both versions without any problems.

Edit @cnsops: I just saw that you own a M9e (codename: HIMAR) and not a M9 (codename: HIMA). I'm not sure whether those TWRP versions are compatible with your phone. You might risk a brick by flashing them.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: jhill110 and cnsops

cnsops

Mar 31, 2016
I guess Captain Throwback removed the download link from his thread (that version has never been available on the official website). [Edit: The following recommendations apply to the M9 (codename: HIMA).] According to him the recommended versions are 2.8.7.1-CPTB-Beta1 (can be found in his thread) for firmware versions 2.x or lower and 3.0.0-2 (can be found on the official website) for firmware versions 3.x. I've been using both versions without any problems.

Edit @cnsops: I just saw that you own a M9e (codename: HIMAR) and not a M9 (codename: HIMA). I'm not sure whether those TWRP versions are compatible with your phone. You might risk a brick by flashing them.

Nice... Thanks for noticing, and the "heads up"
I didn't think that mattered, but it does. I won't be making that mistake again. :(

Sagittary666

May 9, 2018
I know this is a rather old thread but I am having a terrible headache trying to find that .img for m9e, can anybody post a relevant download source? My phone won't take any TWRPs at all anymore. Looks like I got myself into trouble... Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[RESOLVED 02 APR 2016]
    -- Solution --
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759889622

Hello.

I need some help to restore to factory.

The phone is the HTC One M9e -- Android Version: 5.0.2 -- HTC Sense Version 7.0 -- Software Number: 1.03.709.13

I have unlocked the bootloader and the software status is **Modified**

I believe the problem is when I used fastboot to install TWRP 3.0.0.2 without reading that this is actually an upgrade and TWRP earlier versions must have been intalled prior. As a result now, I am unable to get past -- BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE -- When I press power button, I see...

"This build is for development purposes only..."

The only option left is to reboot the phone after this. Here are some additional details...

HTC_HIMAR 128 SHIP S-ON
    CID-HTC__621
    LK-1.01.0000 013d9a88
    OS-1.03.709.13

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks..
    You should be able to get to download mode and flash twrp 2.9.0.1 and then supersu 2.65..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    search for Himar TWRP on google the first link has a recovery that works in HTC M9e, already tested.:)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone