• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC One Mini plastic?

Search This thread

nxc

May 28, 2013
Portland, OR
HTC spends a lot of time talking up the aluminum unibody in the full-size One. It'd be a shame if they threw that out with a smaller model.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Beirut
twitter.com
no, the Mini has the plastic frame on the sides extended to the front, but the back is still metal as well as the speaker covers which fit inside the plastic frame now

aliHTCDHD

Jul 5, 2011
Yes with the sides being aluminum which run around the design meaning the top, bottom and sides are plastic.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

bubu_bubu

Dec 24, 2012
Yes with the sides being aluminum which run around the design meaning the top, bottom and sides are plastic.

wrong. the sides are plastic. the back is aluminium. and the two parts that cover the two speakers are some sort of plastic.

aliHTCDHD

Jul 5, 2011
wrong. the sides are plastic. the back is aluminium. and the two parts that cover the two speakers are some sort of plastic.

Woops I made a mistake I first said the sides are aluminum then I said it was plastic I meant plastic. The only thing I didn't know is the speaker grill is plastic.

Busted.

Dec 1, 2011
I'd say the speaker grill is aluminium, too :)
It doesnt feel like plastic, it feels just like the back cover of the phone.

Sent from my HTC One mini using xda app-developers app

Last edited: