HTC One Releases Today

Search This thread

cj2566

Apr 13, 2010
Scottsbluff
I don't think the note 3 was that big. I had no issues with pocketability. my note 3 de is a keeper but liking my htc m8 so far!

Well, I have big legs. It's been difficult, for me, to have a device larger than my old Note 2 fit in my front pocket without feeling as if it's going to break if I move to quickly.

Everyone has their own preference.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

xShin

Oct 22, 2010
Where did you hear there is an update coming to add super power saving mode?

During the conference, they said that it would be coming in an update. Last night, when I went to the store to get my phone, there was a Senior Technical Manager from HTC there who said that we should be getting it in an update within a few weeks.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I'm still debating trading in my old One for the new One. Is it that much better? I've seen the reviews and they are good with the exception of the camera. I've got two choices also. Plunk down $600 bucks or Verizon Edge. Edge is 25 a month, but they drop 10 off your data so it really only cost an extra 15 a month. Not bad to be able to upgrade once a year :)

I retired my old One for the new One just yesterday. I haven't used the camera too much yet, but it seems fine so far. One of the huge things for me is that the new One supports Band 4 (AWS) for Verizon's LTE-A network upgrades that they've been rolling out. Faster speeds, plus less people taking the bandwidth.. I'll gladly drop the $600 for that alone :)

Reactions: x70xchallengerx

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Well, I have big legs. It's been difficult, for me, to have a device larger than my old Note 2 fit in my front pocket without feeling as if it's going to break if I move to quickly.

Everyone has their own preference.

I have decently sized legs too lol im 6'4" and had no issues!

and I hope we receive that update being talked about

gettinwicked

Aug 8, 2013
St Louis
Picked one up yesterday AND moved over from Sprint. FINALLY! So sick of data dropouts, etc.

Anyway, to the phone. Absolutely love it, but with a couple gripes. First, overall I think the original One's design was better. It's more-rounded corners and the logo bezel on the new one. I think the more squared look was better. AND, come on HTC, should have either kept the capacitive buttons with the logo bezel, or drop the damn bezel! The size would have stayed pretty much the same and looked better either way, even more so for the latter. The other complaint (so far) is that boomsound doesn't work over bluetooth. The original One's beats audio did, so why not on this too? Lame

Outside of all that, it's WAY faster, the screen is better (colors pop more, overall res seems better), and the themes are cool. I think the themes could have been made to just let you pick an overall color though. I'll get to the cam this weekend as well as have more time with the phone.

Btw, can anyone get a working message widget and mail widget apk working on this? I tried last night with what I found on XDA but won't install. Gotta have me the messages widget.

Thanks!

bsbuggs

Mar 6, 2012
Chicago
The data speeds are pretty sick... Im tested my 2013 One right next to the new HTC one and its not even comparable... i meant i was getting like 15-20 mbs faster spped than the OLD htc one...

giorat23

Jul 12, 2013
Hey dude dont warry, its only jealous people and trolls, the same history ever.. Today the M8 camera has the best internal specs plus software stuff than any other smartphone (I'm a photographer).. Sheeps of marketing people still thinking that a good camera is based only on the megapixels. -.-
Hope can have that biuty on my hands asop!! =)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
Has anyone tried switching to ART? I know it's possible and I thought I heard someone on reddit tried it but I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it. I mean this phone's snappy as hell and I don't find myself waiting for hardly anything really but I wonder if there's any performance or battery differences using art on this phone or if there's any incompatibility with any htc sense apps...?

the_passenger

Aug 25, 2006
now if some dev can manage to port the camera apk from OPPO find 7 to this camera and we're golden. (4Megapixel x 3 = 12Megapixel and no more complain. ) :D

hey we can dream.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
Has anyone tried switching to ART? I know it's possible and I thought I heard someone on reddit tried it but I was just wondering if anyone here has tried it. I mean this phone's snappy as hell and I don't find myself waiting for hardly anything really but I wonder if there's any performance or battery differences using art on this phone or if there's any incompatibility with any htc sense apps...?

I'm running on ART. So far, I haven't run into any app incompatibility. I can't tell you about performance or battery life. Not much time with the device before switching. Smoothest phone I've ever owned.. I have all the current flagships to compare to (except the OG One) and while the N5 and G2 are no slouches, there is that little something extra on the M8. Scrolling through Blink Feed is a joy. I actually love it.

Only device that will tempt me to swap my sim for a bit is my Dev Edition Moto X. Partly because I need hotspot and partly because I just love that little 6th digit of mine.... It fits my hand and mind like another finger.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

P2o8wer

Sep 24, 2012
I should've had the phone today I did overnight shipping, but the rep didn't tell me that there was a cut off time at 3pm.. so now I have to wait another day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good, now hopefully it gets T-Mobile LTE lol

Dude!!!! Your gonna love me! It is fully unlocked! Meaning, lte on T-Mobile, and AT&T!!! SEE FOR YOURSELF....... Verizon HTC One M8 on T-Mobile SIM it is Factory …: http://youtu.be/oJwqFersSoo

AND IF I HELPED, HIT YOUR THANKS BUTTON!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Have two vzw ones in hand. View attachment 2650408

Someone took advantage of the buy one get one free.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Anyone here have a gsm SIM they can test real quick? Its gonna b a *****, because it only takes that nano SIM now. Which I don't know y they switched from micro?!! But Ya, please, If anyone can check that, I would appreciate it. Charlie, if I find out, I'll let u know. Ok.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have a at&t SIM in the phone and it is working fine just have to change the apn settings

What signal G ,E, H, H+, LTE?

H was the signal on the display

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Where did you hear there is an update coming to add super power saving mode?

During the conference, they said that it would be coming in an update. Last night, when I went to the store to get my phone, there was a Senior Technical Manager from HTC there who said that we should be getting it in an update within a few weeks.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I'm still debating trading in my old One for the new One. Is it that much better? I've seen the reviews and they are good with the exception of the camera. I've got two choices also. Plunk down $600 bucks or Verizon Edge. Edge is 25 a month, but they drop 10 off your data so it really only cost an extra 15 a month. Not bad to be able to upgrade once a year :)

I retired my old One for the new One just yesterday. I haven't used the camera too much yet, but it seems fine so far. One of the huge things for me is that the new One supports Band 4 (AWS) for Verizon's LTE-A network upgrades that they've been rolling out. Faster speeds, plus less people taking the bandwidth.. I'll gladly drop the $600 for that alone :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone