HTC One S - Awesome phone

Search This thread

manlisten

Jul 4, 2010
The Dropbox space is a nice consideration but I mainly need the space for my music, which I listen to primarily while commuting on the train where there is no network connectivity. I just hate getting the itch to listen to a particular album, only to realize I don't have it synced to my phone. That's why I prefer to keep all or most of my collection stored locally. Maybe I'll keep a cheap MP3 player with me, just in case. ;)

kenyw

Apr 28, 2010
Sansa Clip+, cheap, small & better quality output than probably any phone, will take a microsd too :)

I second the vote for a separate MP3 player - with phones' battery life being the way it is I would rather not risk not having power when urgently needing to make a call. And, as has been said above, the output quality tends to be better with dedicated MP3 players :)

Jazd71

Apr 13, 2010
My wife and I both have the HTC one S on Orange, its a fantastic phone, was gonna go for the one X but I have a HTC Titan for work whilst the big screen is great gets a bit big in the pocket so this little slim beast fits great, it is super slick sense 4 big improvement imo, most apps have been improved massively with ics & sense 4, htc music player still boring but does the job well enough. I was a drop box user already got email pretty much instantly after logging in from phone to say now got 26gb for 24 months, only thing I would want more would be more space as there is NO SD SLOT the internal after my apps are installed leaves about 8gb for pictures music and movies etc so that will fill up pretty damn quick though I do have a standalone mp3 player.
If you've been waiting for this phone I would be very surprised if you were disappointed

psych0t1c

Jul 30, 2005
earth.europe.de
For me mostly two reasons.
1. The one s's display is big enough, x appears to be to big for a phone to me.
2. I don't like a phone for 600euro to be plastic. It feels just cheap compared to the s. Which really has a great feeling. Slim and ceramic. Brilliant

Other than this I saw some benchmarks and the snapdragon beats the tegra CPU ;)

I find that somewhat hard to believe. I just think that due to the relatively small battery size (or differently: the battery did not grow in propotion to the CPU requirements) that HTC uses very conservative governors regulating when and how how many of the cores are activated (I read that actually the quad is a quid with an additional power saving core which is probably in use during standby and such situations...)

Another reason might be that the current generation of benchmarking software is not up to the task of measuring quads correctly, I think there was a similar problem when the phones jumped from single to dual core.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the devs / kernel doctors find out once they get their hands on those devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had the opportunity to have a go with one at an HTC event on Friday and I have to say the One S is a great phone. It's slim (slimmer than I was expecting), very light and the AMOLED screen is very bright (as you'd expect)

Sense 4 flies on it, no lag at all, and it's a very polished product. Fits nicely in the hand as well. Definitely worth a look if you don't want/can't afford the One X
    Yes it has typical amoled artifacts
    the artifacts are not because of (am)oled but because of the fact that this display uses a pentile matrix. a prefer amoled over ips any day because of the superior contrast ... never had any problems with the sharpness of my galaxy s. sure you can see some artifacts at straight lines but you have to hold it very close to your eyes to be able to see it and you only do that when you are "grading" the display ...
    Just curious, but what were your reasons for going with the S over the X?

For me mostly two reasons.
    1. The one s's display is big enough, x appears to be to big for a phone to me.
    2. I don't like a phone for 600euro to be plastic. It feels just cheap compared to the s. Which really has a great feeling. Slim and ceramic. Brilliant

Other than this I saw some benchmarks and the snapdragon beats the tegra CPU ;)
    Cool. Were you able to compare the screens of the two devices? How would you say the S' screen compares to the X?

Unfortunately the x screen is a little better IMO. The hd resolution on the slcd2 screen is looking very fine. Bit the super amoled screen on the s is looking way better compared to sensation..

Maybe the mbit on video records depend on the objects and amount of colorsyou film?

Hope we get s-off soon :D
    So it worked for you?
    yes, i did it like mentioned before, selecting the "all ohter supported devices" on the htcdev.com page and unlocked it.
    of course it did a full wipe...