• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Htc one s call quality

Search This thread

tongueman87

Jul 7, 2011
Does anyone have problems with call quality making crackling and popping sounds during phone calls? But when on Bluetooth it doesn't happen. Anyone have the same issue? Or can they shed any light on a solution?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York
it's a known issue with wi-fi calling and skype is effected too. shouldn't be happening with mobile calls, however. t-mobile and htc are about to release a patch for wi-fi calling battery drain so there's a hope they'll silently fix the crackling too.

ToterPunkt

Nov 15, 2010
Does anyone have problems with call quality making crackling and popping sounds during phone calls? But when on Bluetooth it doesn't happen. Anyone have the same issue? Or can they shed any light on a solution?

Not so much popping sounds but everyone (without using wifi calling) sounds really buzzy and shaky to me. i have to turn my volume all the way down for it not to hurt my ears. waiting on tmobile to finally send me a replacement but theyre taking forever.

G

GuestX0019

Getting ready to buy

But, used 2 different phones in stores--one at Mall

Wife said the tmobile store one was like a landline call--perfect

And the VERY noisy MALL one had barely discernible backround noise. I heard part of my call when I got home on my answering machine before she picked up. Hardly noticeable.

And the outgoing ringing while calling is crystal clear, unlike my N1 that is choppy.

Hope that helps a little--

tongueman87

Jul 7, 2011
Well another problem I have just started having is my WiFi calling dropping and my screen locking up while some one beeps in and I click to answer and what you know I can't hang it up or anything. Anyone else? When do they plan to release a patch?

vasp3690

Apr 23, 2012
havent tried wifi calling, but regular calling is perfect for me. no problems there even with a poorer signal

x-sergo

Aug 8, 2008

Hi, I also have problems with the call quality (crackling and popping sounds, but not only). I noticed that it is better when I use only 3G, not GSM or Auto(GSM/3G). But Im not 100% sure. I also noticed that it gets worst when I turn on the speaker. I also changed 2 phones with different S/N... same problem. It is not the Operator-Problem because my old HTC Diamond make no problems at the same place... Ill be thankful, if anyone can do the same test with the 3G and GSM-switching. Thanks

x-sergo

Aug 8, 2008
Anyone with the same problems and already tested the method with the 3G?

ToterPunkt

Nov 15, 2010
I received my replacement one s due to call quality issues and the new one is even worse. everyone says i sound like im in a tin can as my voice is SUPER muffled. they can hear when i start and stop talking but the words just arent sharp enough to hear anything. wtf is going on with this phone?

does anyone have any tips for this? i already rooted this new phone so id rather not unroot and relock the bootloader just to get another dud =/

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
it's a known issue with wi-fi calling and skype is effected too. shouldn't be happening with mobile calls, however. t-mobile and htc are about to release a patch for wi-fi calling battery drain so there's a hope they'll silently fix the crackling too.

Interesting. I noticed this just the other day. I get the popping noises with Skype and Wifi calling only as well.

GSM calling is unaffected for me.

As for battery drain issues, is that referring to the fact that when you connect to some wifi it will just hang at Wifi Calling "Connecting" and not let you disable it? Because "dat **** cray".

G

GuestX0019

mine is opposite

phone calls are fine, but when on BT it is tinny and some echo--dissappointing, but liveble--

pcjnyc

May 19, 2012
New York
The Wi-Fi call quality is decent on my 1 week old HTC One S. However, the audio quality on Skype is so bad that it's un-usable.

barmanham

Mar 12, 2009
I connected a headphones and I still hear a staticy noise it isn't the speaker so what can it be starting to get to me

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

barmanham

Mar 12, 2009
The static is bad during normal calls is anyone else's like this

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

jkniep

Oct 3, 2012
Weird

Hi,

I experience the same problem. Sometimes the call quality is very bad with cracking sounds, also when using GSM/3G/UMTS.

But I found out something very interesting. I installed an app for call recording in order to be able to demonstrate how bad the call quality is. I was very surprised when I found out that the call quality is actually much better when I use the app to record the call! Only when I turn down the volume during the call, the quality gets worse again. This is behaviour is reproducable. How weird is this? Of course I don't want to record each phone call just to get better call quality. However, this proves that it is an software issue.

I would like to know if this also works for other people that experience the call quality problem. Anyone willing to try out? The app is "Call Recorder" from "Appstar Solutions". I am using version 3.14. The app is free.

Cheers!