• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC One S - RUU 2.35 HERE!

Search This thread

sylvestk

Apr 15, 2008
SF Bay Area
RUU 2.35 (TMOBILE US) for the HTC One S is now available at long last.

If you've been having trouble getting back to stock, but can't due to having HBOOT 1.14.0004 from the latest OTA... RUU 2.35 is finally here to get you back to the latest US T-Mobile Stock image.

Thanks to dave87everett for being able to get RUU 2.35. Here is the link to his post at HTCOneForum.com

And his direct link to the file.

I also put it up at FileHosting.org and FileDropper.com in case there are problems with that first link.

FYI: The first page in the HTCOneForum thread I linked above has instructions for getting back to stock.

I can confirm this works as I'm finally back to stock after a month of frustration... here is a screenshot.
EMHAu.jpg

Enjoy!

-- Not sure if Q&A is the right forum to post this. If General is a better place, can a moderator please move it. Thanks --

Last edited:

Pulsik

Mar 27, 2010
what's new?
and is quite interesting how it will affect Home Button Issue, will it fix it or make even worse?
will see by the time :)

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Well considering you didn't post a question...yeah general seems like the right spot

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

invasion2

Oct 3, 2011
Space, the ONLY Frontier
What would happen if I used this with mine. I'm with Bell.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Bell is part of T-Mobile..

what's new?
and is quite interesting how it will affect Home Button Issue, will it fix it or make even worse?

It has Sense 4.1 and Android 4.0.4 for T-Mobile users.

Well considering you didn't post a question...yeah general seems like the right spot

Agreed.

Sent from my HTC One S running ViperOneS!

sylvestk

Apr 15, 2008
SF Bay Area
If I go back to this would it make wifi to work on all other rooms other than trickdroid 7.0?
If not what do I need to make that work ???

Thank you for any help

This will get you back to stock (2nd OTA update v2.35) It's the factory ROM and it'll work just like you bought it and did the latest 2 OTA updates.

What I believe broke Wifi for certain ROMS was that 2nd OTA update with upgraded Hboot to 1.14 (and maybe a radio or something). This RUU is Hboot 1.14 which is the same as getting that second update.

A lot of the custom ROMs Wifi didn't work with this...... and if this was the reason your Wifi wasn't working, this update won't help. I'm not sure if there were different Wifi issues with different solutions.

I had the same problem with the Wifi not working on the CM nightlies and a lot of other ROMs. The only ROM that I was able to use Wifi with was the Unofficial AKOP Jelly Bean Rom. So you may try that.

Hope that helps.

sylvestk

Apr 15, 2008
SF Bay Area
I LOVE YOU!!! I was starting to go crazy thank you so much!

Haha. Thank the guy who posted it here. I was so excited that I even sent him $10 to help offset what it cost him to get it. (Made sure it worked first). I've been waiting for it for a month or so.

I wanted to try Jelly Bean, and while the customs ROM's are great (I tried 5 or 6 of them), they just aren't ready for use as a daily driver yet in my opinion. Big issues for me being the HTC camera (which is really good), and battery life (I was dying by mid afternoon rather then bedtime which was a deal breaker for me). Otherwise a few of the custom ROMs are pretty solid.

So I decided to go back to stock. Opps, Uh, yeah, not so easy with this phone if you did the latest OTA before rooting.

After hours of research, I finally found the answer. I could supercid and do the Euro RUU, or wait for the T-Mobile RUU 2.35. I didn't want to go Euro route, though I almost was ready to before I found this. I really wanted to get back to stock T-Mobile because I saw that HTC announced they are releasing the official Jelly Bean update this month. Though I'm guessing it'll be longer for T-Mobile to get it tweaked with their junk and push it out.

Finally on Monday I found that thread I mentioned above. The guy said he was working on getting the RUU. The next day he posted it. I was like "OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!" just like you :victory:. Been back on it for 24 hours now. Stock is faster, way more stable, everything works, and the battery life is much much better than any of the ROMs I tried.

Glad I'm not the only who who's super excited :)

Reactions: Inferi0r

Jewcifer

Jun 12, 2010
You posted this the day after I gave up on this RUU and used supercid to flash the latest EU -_-

Oddly enough, I was having wifi troubles on my 1.06 (or was it 09?) HBOOT but it's working flawlessly now. Before it would rapidly switch back and forth between scanning, connecting, and disconnected. After I flashed the EU, I started loading custom ROMs and Viper, TrickDroid, and CM10 have all worked much better with this HBOOT/radio than before. Thanks for this RUU though, I'm sure it'll come in handy for when T-mobile finally pushes JB OTA. Most of us will have to return to this to flash it I'm sure :D

russor5

Oct 25, 2012
Can I install this rom on a German t-mobile variant?

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the upload! :)

I have two small questions if someone can help...

1. I have a German T-Mobile One s with software version 1.77.111.5.
Can I install this US stock Rom on my phone?

2. If so, where can I get instructions how to install it?

Thanks!

electro`

Oct 12, 2012
Garner
Would I be okay using this with i wireless?
My device is unbranded.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the upload! :)

I have two small questions if someone can help...

1. I have a German T-Mobile One s with software version 1.77.111.5.
Can I install this US stock Rom on my phone?

2. If so, where can I get instructions how to install it?

Thanks!

Try this bud!
http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_Ville_U_I...1.78.401.2_release_271130unb1vtlbbuv42jp3.zip

That should work!

Instructions, you should google it or find it on youtube!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RUU 2.35 (TMOBILE US) for the HTC One S is now available at long last.

If you've been having trouble getting back to stock, but can't due to having HBOOT 1.14.0004 from the latest OTA... RUU 2.35 is finally here to get you back to the latest US T-Mobile Stock image.

Thanks to dave87everett for being able to get RUU 2.35. Here is the link to his post at HTCOneForum.com

And his direct link to the file.

I also put it up at FileHosting.org and FileDropper.com in case there are problems with that first link.

FYI: The first page in the HTCOneForum thread I linked above has instructions for getting back to stock.

I can confirm this works as I'm finally back to stock after a month of frustration... here is a screenshot.
    EMHAu.jpg

Enjoy!

-- Not sure if Q&A is the right forum to post this. If General is a better place, can a moderator please move it. Thanks --
    What would happen if I used this with mine. I'm with Bell.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Bell is part of T-Mobile..

what's new?

It has Sense 4.1 and Android 4.0.4 for T-Mobile users.

Agreed.

Sent from my HTC One S running ViperOneS!
    If I go back to this would it make wifi to work on all other rooms other than trickdroid 7.0?
    If not what do I need to make that work ???

Thank you for any help

This will get you back to stock (2nd OTA update v2.35) It's the factory ROM and it'll work just like you bought it and did the latest 2 OTA updates.

What I believe broke Wifi for certain ROMS was that 2nd OTA update with upgraded Hboot to 1.14 (and maybe a radio or something). This RUU is Hboot 1.14 which is the same as getting that second update.

A lot of the custom ROMs Wifi didn't work with this...... and if this was the reason your Wifi wasn't working, this update won't help. I'm not sure if there were different Wifi issues with different solutions.

I had the same problem with the Wifi not working on the CM nightlies and a lot of other ROMs. The only ROM that I was able to use Wifi with was the Unofficial AKOP Jelly Bean Rom. So you may try that.

Hope that helps.
    Haha alright perfect, simple enough

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

And last question, I am running trickdroid jb 9.1.0, is there anything else I should be concerned about before relocking and running the ruu? I ask because I've read in other threads about other people having problems going back because of their custom Rom and what not. Again I appreciate the help

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Nope when I last ran a RUU all I had to do was relock the bootloader.
    I am stuck! I have an HTC One S T-Mobile, with TWRP on it and No File to flash. How can I get an RUU or ROM to flash to the Phone from Recovery?

HELP !! :crying:

Connect your phone while in recovery to your PC and select mount then mount SD ... Then you can copy a ROM to your phone to flash...

Sent from my One S using xda premium