HTC One wi-fi keeps resetting my DLink DIR-655 router.

Search This thread

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Every ten or fifteen minutes when using the phone the router will reset. So I don’t just lose the wi-fi on the phone I lose my desktop internet connection. I have the latest firmware (1.35NA) for hardware version A4. ???

Someone suggested the power hog mode in the phones wi-fi settings but that no help.

wmqiadm

Oct 17, 2009
Same issue with me? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
I guess were just SOL. I’ve looked around on the net and the HTC One X and S had Wi-Fi issues also. This seems like kinda a big deal. Are they going to fix it or whenever you go someplace with a certain brand or router your just screwed?

I’ve had my router for some time now and none of mine or any of my friend’s laptops or phones or printers caused a problem. I was really hoping this One was the one but I guess it is getting returned.

Hackers?! Who needs em, I just walk around with my HTC phone and reboot routers.

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Spent some hours with Sprint and HTC but they say they have never heard of the issue and just want to replace the phone.

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Been looking around some more and it looks like the other ‘One’ models had Wi-Fi issues as well. I’ve tried some suggestions. Disabling WISH and QOS on the router seems to have made the dropout less frequent but there are still fits of them. Others also said to use WPA and not WPA2 and try a different Cipher but you should not have to do this just to get a new phone working. No other device has had an issue with my router or its settings. I guess I’m the only one though. Maybe no one uses router at home with encryption and passwords just free or open hotspots.

i3am5not8real13

Mar 28, 2011
I also have this problem and the only fix i found for it was to set my router to use wireless G only, something with wireless N was causing the reboots on my router..btw i i have a dlink extreme N router...hope this helps u

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: keen36

slackercow

Oct 27, 2007
not to take this slightly off topic, but i have never had any good luck with dlink routers and wireless devices in general. i thought comcast was to blame for all of my internet issues, but they were all solved when i switched router brands.

not saying the phone and router shouldn't play nice, i just think the dlink brand of routers in general has these issues. cisco/linksys and even asus have worked a lot better for me. i own the dir-655 and that thing has never been able to handle wireless traffic without dropping connections constantly (to laptops, apple and lenovo, to tablets, nexus and ipad, to phones, iphones and a variety of android devices)

ckegg

Oct 10, 2010
Lol I thought my DI-655 was defected and now I see this thread
Changed to Linksys E2500 and problem solved.

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
If the router resets, it's a router issue, it shouldn't do that, whatever bad signals are sent to it, especially if you have remote management turned off

You’re are not wrong but I don’t see lots of people saying that the DIR-655’s 802.11n don’t work. I do see lots of people with HTC One, One X, and so on with Wi-Fi issues. The DIR-655 has been out for a while with no more firmware updates. No other devices have this issue and I had the DNA for a time and used it on the same router without issue. Just got a message from DLink and they just act like HTC. Have you tried other 802.11n devices it must be the phone that is at fault.

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
not to take this slightly off topic, but i have never had any good luck with dlink routers and wireless devices in general. i thought comcast was to blame for all of my internet issues, but they were all solved when i switched router brands.

not saying the phone and router shouldn't play nice, i just think the dlink brand of routers in general has these issues. cisco/linksys and even asus have worked a lot better for me. i own the dir-655 and that thing has never been able to handle wireless traffic without dropping connections constantly (to laptops, apple and lenovo, to tablets, nexus and ipad, to phones, iphones and a variety of android devices)

Well I've never had this happen with any of the many Wi-Fi devices I've had. I even had the DNA for a time a few months ago and it did not do this. I know the feeling when you come to the conclusion that one brand sucks but I’ve found that they all can have issues. I’ve been reading up on new routers and seems like Asus has issues, even read a review where they had dropped connections. Maybe they were in a bad spot. Maybe one too many of my neighbors is clogging up the Wi-Fi now. ??? I just know this is the only device that has done this and as usual all the manufactures involved just point fingers.

tws101

Nov 19, 2009
D-Link sadly makes unremarkable garbage. I have found that most residential router models are very bad....

I now use commercial grade Mikrotik routers that cost less than the Residential routers. The Mikrotik router NEVER goes down.... I have an up time that is 1.6 years and that was its installation date. I probably should update the firmware, but why reboot it.... It's working fine.

Models like this one RB/751U-2HnD are great.

***Beware nontechnical users will have no clue how to use it.

cmraymond

Nov 3, 2011
I have been having the same problem. WiFi drops every ten minutes or so. The router doesn't reset though, I just lose signal and have to turn WiFi off on the phone and turn it back on again I know the WiFi still works because my husband had it working on his iPhone at the same time mine drops. I've only had the phone since today and I need to have WiFi work because I don't get a good signal at my work. There gas to be done sort if software fix for this problembecause I see a lot of posts about this same issue.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Well I've-

Set the phone for Best Wi-Fi performance, uses more power.

Disabled WISH & QOS.

Restarted the phone and router a few times.

Today I'm trying:
Set the phone to 2.4GHz only.

Set a DHCP reservation for the TCP/IP address.

The next step would be to use 802.11g only. :(

i3am5not8real13

Mar 28, 2011
Yeah...tried just about everything also, and sadly Wireless G only was the only thing that worked....

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Yeah...tried just about everything also, and sadly Wireless G only was the only thing that worked....

That's lame but I don't get why my HTC DNA did not seem to mind the DIR-655. Did you try to re-flash the router? Going to 802.11g only takes me down to 20MBPS from 27 with 802.11n.

Last edited:

i3am5not8real13

Mar 28, 2011
Yep, tried reflashing firmware and restoring to factory defaults, still sno go...yeah the drop in speed really suck, really noticeable when streaming vids

Tanquen

Mar 1, 2006
Yep, tried reflashing firmware and restoring to factory defaults, still sno go...yeah the drop in speed really suck, really noticeable when streaming vids

I could not tell the difference. With N only setup and everything at auto it would just show 55-65 Mbps in the router status. I forced the transmission rate and channel width to the highest settings and while the Mbps on the router status page would then show 130-150Mbps it was still just as slow. The Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone still showed a 65 Mbps connection. ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also have this problem and the only fix i found for it was to set my router to use wireless G only, something with wireless N was causing the reboots on my router..btw i i have a dlink extreme N router...hope this helps u

U can try setting your router to only use wireless g only, that worked for me ...since i dont have unlimited data and no lte at home, this is preferable than using data when im at home