HTC One X Screen Protector

Search This thread

UnixxinU

Apr 9, 2012
Hi guys, recently I got two official HTC screen protectors which I applied terribly and removed. Could anyone kindly suggest a certain screen protector or other form of protection which is working well for them? I have the official HTC pouch and back cover too.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I too tried the official ones & wasn't happy.

Sides would not stick.

I'm waiting for a film protector, such as..

Skinomi techskin
Phantomskinz
Bodyguardz
Zagg invisibleshield
Best Skinz Ever
SGP

None are available yet for HTC ONE X

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: UnixxinU

UnixxinU

Apr 9, 2012

Sides would not stick.

Skinomi techskin
Phantomskinz
Bodyguardz
Zagg invisibleshield
Best Skinz Ever
SGP

Thanks for telling me about film protectors, are they better than screen protectors, and if they are, in what way are they better?

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Film protectors offer better protection & are less likely to peel off at the corners if caught.

Most film protectors actually take a bit of strength to remove.

They are not a dry application, (which I prefer), meaning a can constantly work st it to get it perfect.

Pushing out the water is a much easier way of removing bubbles than on a dry skin.

Films have self-healing technology whereas 'standard screen protectors' do not, this means if scratched - by tomorrow at the latest, that scratch is gone.

Either way, im waiting for a wet application protector, Skinomi have said they are waiting for the release date (not out in the states yet grrr)

I'll just have to be careful til then I think.

Although gorilla glass 2 should be fine without a screen protector, I'd feel a whole lot better with one!

ULAMSS5

Apr 7, 2012
Ahh thanks for the information, but wouldnt applying liquid on a screen damage it?

It'll only take a small drop of water which will spread across the screen when the film is applied. As long as you're careful not to get water leak into the holes, there won't be any damage. Apply the drop of water closer to the bottom just in case, since the speaker grill and camera holes are at the top of the screen.
Usually, though, the protectors will come with a 'installation solution' in a convenient, spray-bottle.

Last edited:

Ruudfood

Aug 1, 2008

Sides would not stick.

Skinomi techskin
Phantomskinz
Bodyguardz
Zagg invisibleshield
Best Skinz Ever
SGP

Invisible shield is available: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-one-x-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

As is the Skinomi: http://www.skinomi.com/sk10846-htc-one-x-skin-protector.html

ASavva

Apr 13, 2012
I'll be grabbing a Wrapsol Ultra (dry application) when they're available for mine. Had one on my galaxy s2 and I swear by them now.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

treebill

Jan 28, 2011
i used the HTC ones and put it on perfect no problem, only reason its a little tricky is that it only has one tab and not one each side :/ but then i got a replacement x and didn't do the second one so well but meh i can get more at a latter date :)

globalgpj

Aug 26, 2006
Australia
This is a great screen, even better than my SG2.

I never put one on my SG2 and had no major issues with scratches on the display.

I have used my HTC One X now for almost two weeks now, with no screen protector and there is not a single blemish on my screen.

I won't be putting any screen protector on my device, as they always distract from the full experience of the display, IMO!

You can put one on if you like, but you don't need one on this device.:)

motrucker

Feb 12, 2011
I picked up a One X yesterday from the T-Mobile store and today noticed it had like two tramline scratches across the screen..you can feel them if you run your fingernail over them....although the phone was of course sold as new, the sim removal tool was detached from the plastic and there was fingermarks on the glass underneath the plastic cover they put on them.

Thankfully T-Mobile are sending a replacement on Tues as it also keeps jamming up...back to using my Sensation XE for a bit. Hopefully as they asking for the entire box back they will be sending out a new phone and not a refurb, if they exist yet.

Only thing I can think is a faulty return handset made it into the new stock by mistake.

Still curious how you could mark the glass in this way though !

Sebianoti

Mar 27, 2011
Krakow
www.Nave360.com
Film protectors offer better protection & are less likely to peel off at the corners if caught.

Most film protectors actually take a bit of strength to remove.

They are not a dry application, (which I prefer), meaning a can constantly work st it to get it perfect.

Pushing out the water is a much easier way of removing bubbles than on a dry skin.

Films have self-healing technology whereas 'standard screen protectors' do not, this means if scratched - by tomorrow at the latest, that scratch is gone.

Either way, im waiting for a wet application protector, Skinomi have said they are waiting for the release date (not out in the states yet grrr)

I'll just have to be careful til then I think.

Although gorilla glass 2 should be fine without a screen protector, I'd feel a whole lot better with one!

HTC never said they used gorilla glass 2?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2

redpoint73

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
yeah right...
I accidentally bumped *lightly* onto my table and it got scratched O.O yes it's scratched, the HTC One X
Then for the following days weird scratches started appearing too

so much for Gorilla Glass 2

Yup, Gorilla Glass is harder to scratch, but by no means impossible, and can possibly still be scratched fairly easily. Coming from another device with GG (and hearing reports on other GG phones that I don't own), there have been plenty of people reporting scratching GG with normal use; while others claim pristine GG even after significant abuse and drops.

To each his own, its a matter of how much you prefer the bareback look and feel, versus having some protection. But to me, a good quality screen protector has very little change in feel, little or no change in the look; and its better to have the protection rather than end up with permanent scratches and regret. Good screen protectors also don't build up fingerprint smudges as easily as bare glass.

Last edited:

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York

Sides would not stick.

Skinomi techskin
Phantomskinz
Bodyguardz
Zagg invisibleshield
Best Skinz Ever
SGP

Skinomi is now shipping, I have one on now. Ahhh, feels so much better, Gorilla Glass or no...:).

2weiklang

May 31, 2011
I'm using mumbi CrystalClear over here and it does a pretty well job. Though it looks like the protector is too small for the screen, you quickly learn that it has to be this way because the display is curved at the edges.

Love it or not, I guess most display protectors will look like this :mad:

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
I'm using mumbi CrystalClear over here and it does a pretty well job. Though it looks like the protector is too small for the screen, you quickly learn that it has to be this way because the display is curved at the edges.

Love it or not, I guess most display protectors will look like this :mad:

No, wet application screen protectors wil cover everything.

It's similar to the Galaxy Nexus with the curved glass, only wet application ones will keep all the edges etc...smooth and perfect.

And yea, to people who think that just because it's gorilla glass it's not going to scratch. A tiny grain of sand is enough to give it an annoying blemish. You don't need a case IMO, but a screen protector is always a must.

juluma

Apr 18, 2012
They have it available now..

I'll be grabbing a Wrapsol Ultra (dry application) when they're available for mine. Had one on my galaxy s2 and I swear by them now.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I just ordered mine, best looking screen protectors out there imo..now if I could just get that dreaded sim card issue fixed.

losjettos

Feb 22, 2011
Can you recommend some screen protector without sticky surface? I bought cheap Insmat dry application protector, but it's not a perfect fit. A bit too large so sides won't stick and hard to get bubbles away. I would also like to have more slippy surface..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sides would not stick.

Skinomi techskin
    Phantomskinz
    Bodyguardz
    Zagg invisibleshield
    Best Skinz Ever
    SGP

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures