HTC Rhyme power off issue

Search This thread

Hypercaine

Oct 5, 2010
Belgrade
Ok, so my friend got HTC Rhyme, 2 year contract and all that. The phone worked fine for about a week, when it started having random shut-downs. She sent the phone to an official HTC repair shop, it was there for about a 20 days, and they returned it, stating that they couldn't find any of the issues she reported (random shut-downs, overheating problems, bad responsiveness, and stuff like that). But, they "put the phone under serious work load to test things mentioned". They reflashed the RUU.
2 week later, the phone has the same issues. We take it again, this time with a specific request that they change the complete motherboard, with the CPU, camera server, NAND, etc. She got the phone about a week ago, and it still has the same shut down issues. Should we request a new phone, or is there any other solution. And, does anybody here know, what could be the trigger for this problem.

Thanks.

Nikola.Andj

Mar 8, 2012
Nis
Seems to me like the CPU is having problems maintaining the clock. That same thing happens on my wildfire when I overclock it to the max. It the phone is rooted try to underclock it. If not, you should definitely take it back and request a new one

Reactions: Hypercaine

addnovikov

Oct 25, 2010
Ok, so my friend got HTC Rhyme, 2 year contract and all that. The phone worked fine for about a week, when it started having random shut-downs. She sent the phone to an official HTC repair shop, it was there for about a 20 days, and they returned it, stating that they couldn't find any of the issues she reported (random shut-downs, overheating problems, bad responsiveness, and stuff like that). But, they "put the phone under serious work load to test things mentioned". They reflashed the RUU.
2 week later, the phone has the same issues. We take it again, this time with a specific request that they change the complete motherboard, with the CPU, camera server, NAND, etc. She got the phone about a week ago, and it still has the same shut down issues. Should we request a new phone, or is there any other solution. And, does anybody here know, what could be the trigger for this problem.

Thanks.

i have same problems
random shutdown

There are two conditions for the occurrence

first - dockstation
second is - unlockboot and super user
but when i delete su and lock boot.....i have all the same shi......but after a while.....
SO i think problem with power lies in a dock....may be...

ps/english/for/my/sorry)

Gigatrig

Jun 22, 2012
If you still have the option, I would advise you return the phone. My girlfriend has had the Rhyme about 6 months now and has had nothing but problems. Power cycling hers takes a minimum of 5 minutes (no exaggeration) to come back up At least half a dozen times a day it will show HTC white loading screen or just loading icon when she presses the Home key or back key, etc when she goes back to the main screen. It freezes a lot and gives the same HTC loading screen, etc. Overall, the experience with the Rhyme has been very negative experience and we haven't been able to fix it regardless. :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems to me like the CPU is having problems maintaining the clock. That same thing happens on my wildfire when I overclock it to the max. It the phone is rooted try to underclock it. If not, you should definitely take it back and request a new one

Thanks.

i have same problems
    random shutdown

There are two conditions for the occurrence

first - dockstation
    second is - unlockboot and super user
    but when i delete su and lock boot.....i have all the same shi......but after a while.....
    SO i think problem with power lies in a dock....may be...

ps/english/for/my/sorry)
    If you still have the option, I would advise you return the phone. My girlfriend has had the Rhyme about 6 months now and has had nothing but problems. Power cycling hers takes a minimum of 5 minutes (no exaggeration) to come back up At least half a dozen times a day it will show HTC white loading screen or just loading icon when she presses the Home key or back key, etc when she goes back to the main screen. It freezes a lot and gives the same HTC loading screen, etc. Overall, the experience with the Rhyme has been very negative experience and we haven't been able to fix it regardless. :/