• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HTC S-OFF] - New Revolutionary website + patch backup

Search This thread

Darth Riker

Oct 3, 2015
Hi,

I am trying to breathe back some life into my old HTC Incredible S. Since I am only trying to go through the process of unlocking the bootloader, rootiing, s-off, etc (using this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118187) now although a few links are no longer working.

I have managed to find all the files, though, and go through the steps I needed but now I am stuck with getting S-off because revolutionary.io, rev.alpharev.nl and alpharev.nl are all offline.

As Zseblampas posted you can access the revolutionary.io in the Wayback Machine website but it doesn't let you access the key generation tool properly.

Would you be able to post your version of the tool so those of us with these devices trying to get S-OFF can do so please?

Thank you.

As you may have noticed, the revolutionary.io's website is now down for a few months, letting owners of old HTC's devices unable to S-OFF their devices.

However, I've been able to patch the revolutionary tool to avoid the need of a beta key, required and delivered from the revolutionary.io website in the past, to use the tool.

This patched version has been tested on my own HTC Desire, but I don't guarantee that it works for every supported phone (but normaly it should).

I will *NOT* put this patched tool online until I have the permission from a member from AlphaRev/unrEVOked team (I tried to contact them directly but with no success).

When I'll have an answer, I'll upload my patched version online, but not before. Don't ask for ETA nor private messages before I have an official permission to do this.

Thanks for your understanding and hope to have an answer quickly, for all the old HTC devices to be unlocked.

I would like to ask you not to send me PMs to send you the patched version. If I release the patched version one day, it will be released here, and only here.

Last edited:

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
Hi,

I am trying to breathe back some life into my old HTC Incredible S. Since I am only trying to go through the process of unlocking the bootloader, rootiing, s-off, etc (using this guide https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2118187) now although a few links are no longer working.

I have managed to find all the files, though, and go through the steps I needed but now I am stuck with getting S-off because revolutionary.io, rev.alpharev.nl and alpharev.nl are all offline.

As Zseblampas posted you can access the revolutionary.io in the Wayback Machine website but it doesn't let you access the key generation tool properly.

Would you be able to post your version of the tool so those of us with these devices trying to get S-OFF can do so please?

Thank you.

Hi
The only way I know (which may or may not work for your device) is the S-Off iso, please be my guest and download from my Onedrive.
It worked with my Desire with PVT 3, not working with PVT 1 (tested)
Wait a minute, I just found out that the htcdev.com/bootloader page (needs registration) has the solution for your device too, not S-Off, but bootloader unlock, which should do the trick. Btw., they have the same tool for the original Desire too (Bravo, A8181).

Darth Riker

Oct 3, 2015
Hi
The only way I know (which may or may not work for your device) is the S-Off iso, please be my guest and download from my Onedrive.
It worked with my Desire with PVT 3, not working with PVT 1 (tested)
Wait a minute, I just found out that the htcdev.com/bootloader page (needs registration) has the solution for your device too, not S-Off, but bootloader unlock, which should do the trick. Btw., they have the same tool for the original Desire too (Bravo, A8181).

Hmm. Not sure if the iso will work for my Incredible S. They are different phones ...so possibly not. How would I go about installing the iso out of interest?

I know about HTC Dev. First step in the guide I'm using. My bootloader is unlocked, I have root access, just haven't bothered downgrading the HBOOT because I couldn't get access to the page to S-OFF.

How did you get access to the S-OFF iso by the way?

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

That doesn't work. As mentioned in the previous post.

The problem is when you click on the link to download the file (which I have done already) the blue window to enter the details pops up BUT the Wayback Machine then changes the page to the one hosting the file.

So, unfortunately, not useful.

BigChaz01

Jun 1, 2014
EDIT
Waiting for an answer on their IRC channel, I've found their new website, available here:
As the project is still up and running, I won't upload my patched version online. However, if AlphaRev or unrEVOked allow me to put this version online, I will.

I would like to ask you not to send me PMs to send you the patched version. If I release the patched version one day, it will be released here, and only here.

Well, the "new" site is dead, too, I think it's time to release the patched version....

[EDIT]

or, at least the patch, so we can patch our own copy of the file, which I was finally able to find...

Last edited:

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
Hmm. Not sure if the iso will work for my Incredible S. They are different phones ...so possibly not. How would I go about installing the iso out of interest?

I know about HTC Dev. First step in the guide I'm using. My bootloader is unlocked, I have root access, just haven't bothered downgrading the HBOOT because I couldn't get access to the page to S-OFF.

How did you get access to the S-OFF iso by the way?

I downloaded the ISO file back when the site was in working order, together with almost all HBOOTs mentioned there (if someone interested, here they are). It's not intallable, it's a bootable PC tool. You can write the iso on a cd or a thumbdrive and you must boot your PC from it, but as I remember, it's only for Desire A8181.
If you have your boot unlocked, you can do almost anything, except changing your HBOOT (afaik)

silegeek

Feb 12, 2011
Abingdon
Guys, this may or may not help, but since the guy who "patched" the file to not need the beta key has all but vanished (why not just bloody release it for f%^& sake?).

You can access the site using way back machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20180311050405/http://rev.alpharev.nl:80/ but the problem is, when you click download, the form appears, but then everything disapears.

I had no luck getting it to work, but when you press the download link, as fast as you can, press ESC at the same time. It stops the web page from loading further. It can take a few tries to get it to stay put, but it allows the form to stay put. I managed to fill it out and press generate, but nothing happens for me.

lewis102

Mar 15, 2019
beta key

As the guy above commented. the patch needs released (with no disrepect to alpha rev ). or aleast the form reconstructing from the web archive so people can gen there own beta key. it seems the guy who came up with the patch is not even around these xda developer pages any more.
I bought a htc desire s to edit the radio functions with the s-off. after spending a day downgrading rooting, editing versions and getting to the correct hboot. i cant even turn the write protection off to do what i need with the phone . of course not having a go wouldnt be possible without these android devs just equally as frustrated that i cant achieve the s-off because of a downed webpage.

satcom886

Jan 10, 2016
Trying to root a Wildfire A3333 here... Unable to get the beta key... This seems really lost... Stupid beta key mechanism...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I do not know JavaScript and I may be wrong, but cannot there be a way to reverse-engineer the beta key geenrating function? I found this file and I belive it is responsible for generating the beta keys... But again I may be compleatly wrong.

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
As the website is back online, you should be able to get the beta keys from there.

Hello @Tweak-Man,

As you can see, as of today (2019-09-15), no site is up to generate beta keys to S-OFF our ancient HTC devices.

If you're still around, would you consider releasing your patch to help us save the planet by extending our devices' life ?

dankovac1999

Sep 18, 2016
HTC Leo
HTC Wildfire S
Me and my friend dug into the website, that has been saved in way back machine to see if it's possible to get codes. Unfortunately something's missing in the background or is broken. We did get a code, but doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you may have noticed, the revolutionary.io's website is now down for a few months, letting owners of old HTC's devices unable to S-OFF their devices.

However, I've been able to patch the revolutionary tool to avoid the need of a beta key, required and delivered from the revolutionary.io website in the past, to use the tool.

This patched version has been tested on my own HTC Desire, but I don't guarantee that it works for every supported phone (but normaly it should).

I will *NOT* put this patched tool online until I have the permission from a member from AlphaRev/unrEVOked team (I tried to contact them directly but with no success).

When I'll have an answer, I'll upload my patched version online, but not before. Don't ask for ETA nor private messages before I have an official permission to do this.

Thanks for your understanding and hope to have an answer quickly, for all the old HTC devices to be unlocked.

EDIT
    Waiting for an answer on their IRC channel, I've found their new website, available here: rev.alpharev.nl.
    As the project is still up and running, I won't upload my patched version online. However, if AlphaRev or unrEVOked allow me to put this version online, I will.

Quick guide
    1. Go on rev.alpharev.nl - If you have any problem to access the website, please try to use a proxy or Tor to route from Germany, France or Switzerland. Thanks to @Robcr for finding this !
    2. Click on one of the download links (Windows or Linux, depending on your Operating System)
    3. (The tool will be downloaded - decompress it somewhere on your computer)
    4. Complete the form that appeared on rev.alpharev.nl with all the information (Operating System, your device, HBOOT version and Serial Number)
    5. This will generate the right beta key for your phone using the provided information (JavaScript needs to be enabled
    6. Launch the tool and enter the beta key received from the website when needed
    7. Here you go, the magic should happen :)

Nope
    Saw the reference to 'click on download ....' mentioned here before (and i must have used it years ago), but like others have reported here, no matter what client I use or proxy, even through tor, I only get the downloads for splash screens, hboots (downloaded a few of those), the donate button still works, and the link to the revolionary.io that brings up a spam site.

NO download for windows or linux anywhere

If you get something else, are you sure yours isnt a cached page?

but thanks for taking the time to respond.

I finally got what happened. The website you are visiting is alpharev.nl. It is true that this website is a bit outdated (links redirect to revolutionary.io and you can only download the old and 'not used anymore' tool "AlphaRev 1.8" with its files (HBOOT and so). This website is only usefull for the HBOOTs.

The website that is working is rev.alpharev.nl. The difference is the 'rev.' before the domain name. I have tried to access to this website from many proxies and so, always working without any limitations.

Can you confirm that it is now working for you or even rev.alpharev.nl redirects you to alpharev.nl ?
    After many attempts resulting in getting the older web page others here have also reported getting for both addresses, even when using a proxy and tor, I have just updated Tor and routed through France I have got the page tweak-man has been describing (thanks for help)

So it would seem like there is some issue with various routes to this page which will often return an older - or more likely redirect to the older page for many users.
    Looks like the site is dead again. I keep getting:

The rev.alpharev.nl page isn’t working
    rev.alpharev.nl didn’t send any data.
    ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Any help?

Offline through French and German proxies too
    Note site is also reported as untrusted

could you help :eek:
    i can't access rev.alpharev.nl to get the beta key for HTC incredible s :(
    always i get
    This site can’t be reached
    rev.alpharev.nl refused to connect.
    tried different browsers and proxies even different PC :confused:

As the website is back online, you should be able to get the beta keys from there.