• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC Sense on Google Nexus One!

Search This thread

ionutzm05

Dec 24, 2010
Baia Mare
ionutzm05.info
Hello guys,
My dad has just bought a Google Nexus One. He had some HTC phones before and he really likes HTC Sense because it is very clean and simple. He likes the widgets (like HTC Weather, HTC Mail, HTC widget for news, etc.). I checked out the development section here on XDA but now i'm very confused. I would like you to tell me which is the best, stable and with good battery life, Sense ROM for Nexus One.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

jamespwolpert

Oct 28, 2010
evil's NXsense ROM is pretty sweet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=791151

It's a really stable port from the desire HD with all the latest bells and whistles (i.e, flipping clock, themes and whatnot) steps to instal are as follows:

1.) use AmonRa recovery to repartition to 1Gb SD-EXT/0 SWAP
2.)Wipe
3.) Flash the ROM! :D
4.) Reboot. (takes some time on first boot. be patient)

Any questions, pm me. installed this thing like a million times.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
My grandad once had an abacus that he swore by. It was painful to watch as it took a whole day for him to work out his finances on it. He didn't want to use the calculator that i bought for him at first, but after a while he readily agreed that what he was used to wasn't necessarily the best thing!

Allegorical tales are the best ;)

To put it another way, flashing a Sense ROM to a Nexus One is like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa!

Last edited:
Reactions: bunnahabhain

ionutzm05

Dec 24, 2010
Baia Mare
ionutzm05.info
evil's NXsense ROM is pretty sweet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=791151

It's a really stable port from the desire HD with all the latest bells and whistles (i.e, flipping clock, themes and whatnot) steps to instal are as follows:

1.) use AmonRa recovery to repartition to 1Gb SD-EXT/0 SWAP
2.)Wipe
3.) Flash the ROM! :D
4.) Reboot. (takes some time on first boot. be patient)

Any questions, pm me. installed this thing like a million times.
Thanks, i will try it.
It's not really fit for mortals' daily use yet, but there is a ROM from the Desire S being worked on right now (as in, gingerbread-sense, tchyeah!)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=995445
Not stable. :(
evil's 1.26 rom is the best by far. solid, best battery life ...even has some themes you can add.. good luck.
Yes, i also think this is the best rom. Will try this and Desire HD Port. Thanks.
My grandad once had an abacus that he swore by. It was painful to watch as it took a whole day for him to work out his finances on it. He didn't want to use the calculator that i bought for him at first, but after a while he readily agreed that what he was used to wasn't necessarily the best thing!

:confused:

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
To put it another way, flashing a Sense ROM to a Nexus One is like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa!

Allegories are nice, but there is absolutely nothing that stock Nexus ROM does, even in Gingerbread, that old Desire Froyo didn't do a lot better - and most important (for my wife who receives my Nexus soon) - better looking and easier to understand.

For anyone who's not into tinkering with his gadgets - I'd suggest any Sense ROM over any stock ROM. Nexus isn't different.

To the OP: If WiFi hotspot is necessary - DesireHD ports don't have it, so you're set with Desire port. Otherwise they both work quite well. The only major worthy difference I saw would be the browser - pinch-to-zoom would go out into window mode on Sense 2.0, allowing to choose between open browser windows. Nice feature.

ionutzm05

Dec 24, 2010
Baia Mare
ionutzm05.info
If WiFi hotspot is necessary - DesireHD ports don't have it, so you're set with Desire port. Otherwise they both work quite well. The only major worthy difference I saw would be the browser - pinch-to-zoom would go out into window mode on Sense 2.0, allowing to choose between open browser windows. Nice feature.
WiFi hotspot is not necessary. I think i will go for Desire port. Maybe i will also try the Desire HD port.

LATER EDIT:
THIS EXPERIENCE WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE. I have followed a tutorial from theunlockr to Root the phone and install Amun Ra Recovery. Everything worked perfectly. After flashing the Desire Port ROM on the Nexus One and rebooted, the phone didn't passed the screen with a lock and the X from nexus logo (boot-loop). I found a ROM on the internet and flashed that (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=614427) . Now my phone is working, got some com.android.phone force-closing but now it looks ok. I'm really scared to try it again. What have i done wrong? *sorry for my bad english :(*

Last edited:

orangekid

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
To the OP: If WiFi hotspot is necessary - DesireHD ports don't have it, so you're set with Desire port. Otherwise they both work quite well. The only major worthy difference I saw would be the browser - pinch-to-zoom would go out into window mode on Sense 2.0, allowing to choose between open browser windows. Nice feature.

you can always just put the wireless tether app on top of SenseHD if you want a hotspot, don't have to use built-in.

lehel.babos

Jul 29, 2010
. I'm really scared to try it again. What have i done wrong? *sorry for my bad english :(*

Don't be scared... you gotta *rreeallllyy* **** something up to truly brick your phone. As long as you can get to the bootup screen you can generally bring it back. Some ROMS are more stable than others, but they are (usually though not always) older as a result, because they've been tried and tested. Things like the Cyanogen Mod Nightlies are awesome and cutting edge, but not for the average consumer. I've personally don't like how the Sense launcher responds, so I never stuck with any HTC ROMS, but when I was testing it out I had some really good luck with the MoDaCo roms. You can get the prebaked roms on the site or if you pay for membership you get access to the online kitchen as well (where you can customize the rom before downloading it). Give the MoDaCo port a shot if the phone keeps crashing, and if **** goes down.... recovery image ftw!

cchhat01

Apr 1, 2009
New York
is there any Sense ROM which doesnt require creating a partition on the SD Card? As in install in the same manner in which I install CM7 or Blandroid. I dont like the idea of having things installed over the SD card.

I have looked and not come across anything so If I've missed something, please point me in the right direction.

thanks

evilkorn

Jun 10, 2009
Boynton Beach, FL
is there any Sense ROM which doesnt require creating a partition on the SD Card? As in install in the same manner in which I install CM7 or Blandroid. I dont like the idea of having things installed over the SD card.

I have looked and not come across anything so If I've missed something, please point me in the right direction.

thanks

No, it's a requirement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.