HTC Snap 511 (Willow): SSPL, HardSPL and original SPL by JockyW

Search This thread

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Attached you find all you need to flash cooked ROMs on your HTC Snap 511 (Willow).

The sspl/hardspl are confirmed to work fine on the HTC Willow platform (HTC Snap 511).

It will not work on the HTC Maple platform (Dash3G). Running this sspl on a Dash3G will definitely brick it. Also the HTC CEDAR platform (Ozone) is not supported. For the Dash3G and Ozone I have already developed a sspl/hardspl.

The packages contains a SSPL, HardSPL, patched ROM updater and the original Snap S511 SPL. The package is based on SPL v0.34

Instructions:
1. remove SD and SIM cards (don't forget otherwise the sspl is likely not to work!!)
2. connect your device to your pc with a USB cable and wait until it is synced
3. extract the file "Snap S511 HardSPL by JockyW.zip" and execute "auto.bat"
4. follow all instructions given on screen: first the sspl is copied to the device and executed. You must confirm running JumpSPL on the device: first time you must click Yes to allow it to run, you also must click the trackball to continue execution of JumpSPL. The device display will turn dark and after that the romupdate tool will install the hardspl on your device. (the identification string in the tri-color bootloader screen is "0.34.Hard")
5. to test the sspl and the hardspl you can flash a splash screen

Once the HardSPL is installed on your device you can flash any cooked or original ROM.

A donation for my work would be highly appreciated :)

Have fun,
JockyW

PS: Moderators please make this a sticky. Thanks.

Last edited:

dougmwpsu

Aug 23, 2009
Thanks Jocky, sending you good vibes and tips!

Once we install the hardSLP on the sprint snap, which cooked roms can we use? Are we going to need one specially cooked for the snap 511?

Black_V!per

Aug 3, 2009
Kingman,AZ
Thanks Jocky, sending you good vibes and tips!

Once we install the hardSLP on the sprint snap, which cooked roms can we use? Are we going to need one specially cooked for the snap 511?

Yes, ookba is waiting to get his own phone to get a ROM working... Donations really speed up that process :)

Should this be stickied like the last few? Maybe consolidate all into one?

Last edited:

robconway

Sep 23, 2009
first off, thanks so much to Jocky and Ookba for all the work you guys do! but i'm having some issues. i've dont a lot of searching on here and i can't find a solution hopefully someone can help me. i can't get the hardspl to run successfully.
my bootloader screen shows this:

CEDA200
SPL-0.34.0000
MicroP-Willow#C (LED) v58B

i'm using windows 7 (through VMWare on my iMac), everything seems fine until the pop up on the phone, i click the button (the not really a trackball button) and the screen goes black, i lose all connectivity through WMDC and the Rom Utility gets error 266.
If i don't click when the pop up shows on the phone, the Rom Utility will show and then the phone will go into the bootloader with USB written in the white area then i get the error 266 again.
of course there's no sim because it's a Sprint s511, and the sd card is always removed.
what can i do? i'd really love to get 6.5 on there, but i'm at a loss.

Black_V!per

Aug 3, 2009
Kingman,AZ
The fact that your running on a MAC with VMWare makes me think the issue could be in the connection...

Im not even sure if Win7 works, i could be wrong however. You wouldnt happen to know of anyone that has a WinXP machine would you?

robconway

Sep 23, 2009
I did try in vmware with XP and Activesync, but it did the same things. I have a Dell that I was gonna make a hackintosh, but I'm gonna throw xp on it and try using that machine. I was thinking it was the vmware too, i guess i just wanted one of you guys (you know, the one's with a clue! LOL) to confirm.

Black_V!per

Aug 3, 2009
Kingman,AZ
I did try in vmware with XP and Activesync, but it did the same things. I have a Dell that I was gonna make a hackintosh, but I'm gonna throw xp on it and try using that machine. I was thinking it was the vmware too, i guess i just wanted one of you guys (you know, the one's with a clue! LOL) to confirm.

Thats what it sounds like... Good to know it works on Win7 though SPIK3.

robconway

Sep 23, 2009
Thanks Black_V!per for responding and all. I did finally get it going! I set up the dell with XP and it actually didn't work at first. I had originally unRARed the package on the iMac and just copied the unarchived folder over to the XP machine, thinking it would save me a download, but it didn't work. So i just dl'd an RAR utility for windows and unpacked the RAR on the xp machine and it worked perfect. originally the Rom Updater said it couldn't find the nbh file. all's well! And i'm loving 6.5!!
Thanks again Jocky and Ookba!!!

Black_V!per

Aug 3, 2009
Kingman,AZ
Thanks Black_V!per for responding and all. I did finally get it going! I set up the dell with XP and it actually didn't work at first. I had originally unRARed the package on the iMac and just copied the unarchived folder over to the XP machine, thinking it would save me a download, but it didn't work. So i just dl'd an RAR utility for windows and unpacked the RAR on the xp machine and it worked perfect. originally the Rom Updater said it couldn't find the nbh file. all's well! And i'm loving 6.5!!
Thanks again Jocky and Ookba!!!

Must have corrupted during the download... Havent seen that since my 56k-days.

Glad to hear that!

Jaymoon

Jul 29, 2007
Oregon
First off, I appreciate everyone's hard work throughout this whole process.

Unfortunately I am running into a problem. The auto.bat is able to copy the JumpSPL file and the .nb file to my phone just fine. However once the Rom Update Utility starts the flashing process, the phone shuts off.

I did a hard reset to my phone, and went through the process again. The JumpSPL notice popped up on the screen, but then crashed when I hit OK. I know it crashed because the Windows Error Reporting popped up (which apparently I had disabled before I did the hard reset, so I never was able to tell if it was still running).

So then I manually ran the JumpSPL file. This time the memory box popped up, so I hit OK with the Jump Address at the default 0x00000000. It then asked which SPL file I wanted to use. I chose the .nb that was copied over. Then the Windows Error Reporting screen showed up again.

I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully the details I just provided will allow someone to figure something out. Thanks.

BTW: My phone is a Sprint HTC Snap S511, and my splash screen is the same as the one posted before:

CEDA200
SPL-0.34.0000

Last edited:

SPIK3

Oct 6, 2008
Round Lake, IL

Unfortunately I am running into a problem. The auto.bat is able to copy the JumpSPL file and the .nb file to my phone just fine. However once the Rom Update Utility starts the flashing process, the phone shuts off.

I did a hard reset to my phone, and went through the process again. The JumpSPL notice popped up on the screen, but then crashed when I hit OK. I know it crashed because the Windows Error Reporting popped up (which apparently I had disabled before I did the hard reset, so I never was able to tell if it was still running).

So then I manually ran the JumpSPL file. This time the memory box popped up, so I hit OK with the Jump Address at the default 0x00000000. It then asked which SPL file I wanted to use. I chose the .nb that was copied over. Then the Windows Error Reporting screen showed up again.

I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully the details I just provided will allow someone to figure something out. Thanks.

BTW: My phone is a Sprint HTC Snap S511, and my splash screen is the same as the one posted before:

CEDA200
SPL-0.34.0000

Is your phone applications unlocked? When I did mine it gave me a bunch of errors because it wasn't applications unlocked. Also make sure you remove your memory stick.

Reactions: Jaymoon

Jaymoon

Jul 29, 2007
Oregon
Is your phone applications unlocked? When I did mine it gave me a bunch of errors because it wasn't applications unlocked. Also make sure you remove your memory stick.
How would I go about checking this?

I remember on my Samsung Ace, before the 6.1 update, I had to install an "application unlocker" that allowed unsigned programs to install. Is this the same thing with the Snap? Also this is the Sprint version, so I don't have a Sim card, or anyway to typically "unlock" this phone.

EDIT: Ah, now I know what you mean. I found the SDA Application Unlock here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=563761

The Rom Update Utility finished successfully! Now to move on to the next step... Thank you SPIK3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CEDA200
    SPL-0.34.0000