Htc surround reboot loop solution

Search This thread

bluerichblue

Dec 29, 2011
First, my apologies if this is already solved using this method , i searched for hours but didn't see it !!

I have found an alternate solution for the HTC Surround reboot issue, after trying new sd cards, charging overnight and reloading stock software ( all not working ), tried the first thing that i really should have tried, changed battery and now everything is working again with no boot loop !!!!

Before i tried swapping the battery the tri color screen was showing ' SD unknown 89 ' , and now after the battery swap is actually showing what ever SD i put in, so a bad battery could well be related to some of the SD card issues too, this could also be caused by a faulty charger which will both kill the battery and possibly fry you SD card !!!

Hopefully a few of you will find this really helpful, judging by what i have read there are alot of people who have tried all the tested methods such as swap the micro sd without any luck and are still stuck with a semi brick.

Last edited:

Mahmoud_Ali

Sep 16, 2012
First, my apologies if this is already solved using this method , i searched for hours but didn't see it !!

I have found an alternate solution for the HTC Surround reboot issue, after trying new sd cards, charging overnight and reloading stock software ( all not working ), tried the first thing that i really should have tried, changed battery and now everything is working again with no boot loop !!!!

Before i tried swapping the battery the tri color screen was showing ' SD unknown 89 ' , and now after the battery swap is actually showing what ever SD i put in, so a bad battery could well be related to some of the SD card issues too, this could also be caused by a faulty charger which will both kill the battery and possibly fry you SD card !!!

Hopefully a few of you will find this really helpful, judging by what i have read there are alot of people who have tried all the tested methods such as swap the micro sd without any luck and are still stuck with a semi brick.

I've the same problem , but i want to know where's the problem because i don't want to buy a battery and then find out that the problem is in the SD card !!

bluerichblue

Dec 29, 2011
I've the same problem , but i want to know where's the problem because i don't want to buy a battery and then find out that the problem is in the SD card !!

There is no way of knowing, start with the battery as it is the cheaper of the 2 to buy ( only about 10 dollars ) and if it doesn't work after a good charge then it is most likely the SD card[ !!

It is an old issue with the rebooting to HTC logo only over and over again and mostly it seems the SD cards were faulty but i have heard of people still with the issue and i found this to work but i can't tell you which is your problem, maybe you know someone with the same phone ? just try their battery and if it works you know it is just battery !!!!

Last edited:

Mahmoud_Ali

Sep 16, 2012
There is no way of knowing, start with the battery as it is the cheaper of the 2 to buy ( only about 10 dollars ) and if it doesn't work after a good charge then it is most likely the SD card[ !!

It is an old issue with the rebooting to HTC logo only over and over again and mostly it seems the SD cards were faulty but i have heard of people still with the issue and i found this to work but i can't tell you which is your problem, maybe you know someone with the same phone ? just try their battery and if it works you know it is just battery !!!!

my phone keep restarting mostly when i try to play Games

bluerichblue

Dec 29, 2011
my phone keep restarting mostly when i try to play Games

It could be related to the SD card, if games or data are stored here it could just be corrupted and preventing proper play and restarts the device, if it restarts at the same point every time is likely to be the issue but you will need to do a factory reset which will erase all data, so make sure you backup what you want to keep !!!

If the phone is working during normal usage and only restarts during games, it is likely due to overheating, the graphics are very demanding on the system and it is possible once the phone reaches an unsafe level, automatically shuts down to prevent damage to the motherboard or it can be a compatibility issue, if the games are old version on an updated Rom or vice versa !!

If the phone does not feel hot, it could be a hardware issue, if the phone is used excessively for games, it could also be a worn out graphics processor chip !

Ghfran

Feb 11, 2013
karachi
Restart again and again

I have issue that when insert the sim phone gets restart again and again and there is no such problem without sim card why ? please help

Last edited:

bluerichblue

Dec 29, 2011
I have issue that when insert the sim phone gets restart again and again and there is no such problem without sim card why ? please help

It is probably a faulty Sim card reader, this is a replaceable part and is easily available on ebay , it is the same part which has the SD card holder, just search for Sim card reader flex cable on ebay, it is also an easy part to replace if you have a little experience opening up phones too !!