• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

HTC Touch HD memory bigest memory card available?

Search This thread

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
16 gb available, 32 gb announced. That's at least what I saw... It's possible there are 32 gb already available, but not sure what Class (speed).

Cocliosttro

Feb 26, 2009
ye that 32 confused me.
I am new with those cards cause never had such tec before.
Had my HTC Touch HD 1 week now and would be nice to have a big card also:)

I found that there are classes of those cards(like calss 1 and 2) i figure calss 1 is better?
WHen i am buying the card where can i see the speed of the card(example when i want order those from ebay).

As i undersstand only 1 card can be in phone at the time.(sim+memory)
like here:

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/41971.aspx

there at card you can see class biger number better? or smaler number better?(PS!Im not sure that card on the link is working with HTC Touch HD).
Sry my laguage skils (typing with errors:D)not my mother tongue.

wcheng2000

Feb 18, 2009
ye that 32 confused me.
I am new with those cards cause never had such tec before.
Had my HTC Touch HD 1 week now and would be nice to have a big card also:)

I found that there are classes of those cards(like calss 1 and 2) i figure calss 1 is better?
WHen i am buying the card where can i see the speed of the card(example when i want order those from ebay).

As i undersstand only 1 card can be in phone at the time.(sim+memory)
like here:

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/41971.aspx

there at card you can see class biger number better? or smaler number better?(PS!Im not sure that card on the link is working with HTC Touch HD).
Sry my laguage skils (typing with errors:D)not my mother tongue.

Class X means speed. Actually class 6 is the fastest one for those SD or mini SD cards.

jonajuna

Mar 17, 2006
16gb micro sdhc is the largest that is availiable at this time, in speeds up to class 6

32gb will work, but you cannot yet buy them anywhere (please correct me if im wrong :) )

jpolancos

Jan 22, 2005
Middle East
The upper-end of the microSDHC category has been reached! Samsung has announced that they’re working on 32 GB memory cards, which will be good news to media hogs who have long capped out 16 GB cards on their mobile phones. This is the first microSD card to hit 32 GB, and is the last denomination before moving to the microSDXC format, which will handle 32 GB – 2 TB. I talked with the SD association at CES this year, and it seems unlikely that we’ll have any micro cards breaking into 32 GB in the next six months (maybe something late next year, if I had to guess). That should at least give manufacturers some time to update their hardware to support XC. Samsung also announced that they’ll have a new 64 GB designation of their moviNAND memory, clocking in at 30-nm and 0.7mm high. The first 32 GB cards will be commercially available after mass production kicks in around February 2010.

Rust123bg

May 3, 2009
Class 6 means minimum 6mb/sec for memory write.
It doesn't mean that class 4 can't be faster than class 6 .... but with time flash memory gets slower . It's better to have "insurance" for bigger minimum :)