• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

htc touch-like media player skin, portrait & landscape

Search This thread

monoberlin

Jul 3, 2007
Berlin
hi folks,

the htc audiomanager didnt work well for me, so i made a skin for the built-in media player based on the new htc touch dialer-pad.

Screens showing Portrait and Landscape Mode as well as Video Playback.

Download at the bottom of this post.

WMP Skin HTC Touch

20070711_mediaskin_V2.1_1.jpg

#mono#

(The File is hosted on xda-dev, so if its down it might be a prob of this page ?)

Attachments

• SKIN_V2.1_final.zip
    101.8 KB · Views: 5,932
Last edited:

monoberlin

Jul 3, 2007
Berlin
landscape not yet :) ... will see

...and strange, for me still something wrong with the code :( right now not showing video, ill fix tomorrow...

Last edited:

meschle

Retired Moderator
Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
On second thought a blue rectangle - longitudinal would also be good to match the blue background. Also perhaps a faint grey groove would look better than the white line. These skins are not as easy as they look, done some myself in the past so i can appreciate it.

monoberlin

Jul 3, 2007
Berlin
thnx for comments :)

ill during the day redisign the surface a lil, correct and change something in graphics

also landscape is sure in my mind

the slider is a lil uninspired :p - im thinking about different places to put or alternative appearance, and im thinking about how to keep him usable with fingertouch or not :) as ff and rw is also possible by d-pad

about the blue color... its given by design of htc touch, i also removed in that dialpad the gray effect on last-call screen to keep design clear :p

will see how far ill go today :))

meschle

Retired Moderator
Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
Try a basic landscape first - in my experience media player does not change skin automatically in landscape mode except the default skin. You have to goto landscape view first then change the skin. It will only work on auto if you overwrite default skin in \windows. Most skins i have seen do not include landscape view because of this. Prove me wrong if you can :) Just thought i might save you alot of work.

monoberlin

Jul 3, 2007
Berlin
:) yes ive allready seen - had to search and apply skin in landscape mode again, after itl be changed automatically... well i was wondering how to write a skinfile wm will apply for both views by itself, good to know it wont work :)

veeru27

Sep 18, 2006
Salem
Need help - Doesnt Show up in skins tab

Hi, Looks fabulous.I have an issue, I unzipped the contents and copies them to \Program Files\Windows Media Player, but when I go to settings and choose the skins tab, the skin is not showing up. I use WMP 10 on Jam/ Magician.

Can you please help.

Thanks in advance

monoberlin

Jul 3, 2007
Berlin
Hi, Looks fabulous.I have an issue, I unzipped the contents and copies them to \Program Files\Windows Media Player, but when I go to settings and choose the skins tab, the skin is not showing up. I use WMP 10 on Jam/ Magician.

Can you please help.

Thanks in advance

hi,

which version did u try? are other skins displayed? what i did is exactly same like u (path) and it worked flawlessly.
maybe someone who is more experienced in this can help...

try out final version btw :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -edit- no, all okay :)

... and suggestions welcome about the progress bar, im still not satisfied :p