HTC Touch Pro & Orange UK

Search This thread

Mister Q

Jun 24, 2008
Has anybody had any information back from Orange UK as to when this handset will be available through them? I have sent a mail through their website as I was advised to do by the Orange Premier support desk but don't hold out much hope of a reply. Can wait to get my hands on something new and chunky and non-Apple :)

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
Has anybody had any information back from Orange UK as to when this handset will be available through them? I have sent a mail through their website as I was advised to do by the Orange Premier support desk but don't hold out much hope of a reply. Can wait to get my hands on something new and chunky and non-Apple :)

To be honest, unless upgrade is your only option I'd look elsewhere. Orange has ny far the worst data packages (250mb limit for £7.50 a month)

Anyways, last tiem I spoke to them they could only tell me "we don't have that handset on our database at the moment, Would you liek to hear our other offers?"

OregonAird

Jan 25, 2008
Hi, I spoke with them and through a numberous attempts of getting the info, I eventually spoke to a manager who told me they have not yet even organized the terms between them and HTC for the phone once once thats done they will have to begin their own branding (he said "testing & tweaking of software to enhance performance" what a joke) anyway that would take a while he doesnt think it will be released before feb next year "if" they get the terms done in the next 4 weeks.

To behonest i cannot see what more they have to do apart from press "duplicate Diamond" and see it rolling out but ....

goodstone

Apr 30, 2006
Orange

Hello, i was told by upgrades on Orange that this device will not be available and was told that they will be doing the sony pda instead. had to migrate to T-mobile through Expansys u.k to get this hadset. I think that you will have a very long wait to get this device on Orange.

Mister Q

Jun 24, 2008
Kinda forgot about this post lol! Yeah I couldn't get any info out of Orange but I have free internet access with them (yes, on my phone, not broadband :p) and I barely use it anyway. Just really wanted the diamond with a keyboard but I guess I'll have to settle for the Touch Pro instead then :(

mike freegan

May 12, 2005
My friend says he was told "definately not within the next month".

My gf just took out a contract with Orange for the Diamond. For £35 a month sh gets 1200 minutes, unlimited texts and they gave her the 'unlimited' internet for free.

I'm sure I'd manage to hit the 250mb limit pretty easily, but that's only because I use my phone as a modem. Otherwise, 250mb is quite a lot for most people who just want to check facebook, myspace, weather and news feeds.

I guess mobile youtube could rack up though.

Wam7

Sep 27, 2006
London
Orange always seem to be the last to get phones on there network. I would not expect to see it until Xmas and the guy who mentioned Feb may be nearer the mark.

Behold

May 4, 2007
Basingstoke
My friend says he was told "definately not within the next month".

My gf just took out a contract with Orange for the Diamond. For £35 a month sh gets 1200 minutes, unlimited texts and they gave her the 'unlimited' internet for free.

I'm sure I'd manage to hit the 250mb limit pretty easily, but that's only because I use my phone as a modem. Otherwise, 250mb is quite a lot for most people who just want to check facebook, myspace, weather and news feeds.

I guess mobile youtube could rack up though.

Orange don't allow use of free minutes when using the phone as a modem. I asked them this as i wanted to use my phone as a modem to save on carrying the dongle all the time and share the traffic on both phone and broadband connection.

graham.hughes

Jul 23, 2008
I don't feel Orange are taking data particularly seriously. They have some good data options, I think, for business users. But very little for private users. Too much marketting focus on "being cool", and not on service delivery.

mkOnKeY bOy

Jul 8, 2007
Have just been speaking to Orange UK - and contrary to reports, they will be stocking Touch Pro in the next month or two...

Hmmm, they'd better sort it out quick or Vodaphone, here I come (unless the HD appears, of course...)

mkOnKeY bOy

Jul 8, 2007
I don't feel Orange are taking data particularly seriously. They have some good data options, I think, for business users. But very little for private users. Too much marketting focus on "being cool", and not on service delivery.
They have, according to the saleperson I spoke to, an 'unlimited' data package available too.

They'll have to go a long way to convince me to stay yet, including how/if they put their own, usually rubbish, rom on he device.

Does The Vodaphone Touch Pro ship with the standard rom, or a vodaphone hybrid?

bencawood

May 24, 2007
Latest

Just spoken to Premier Account Management and they told me that the handset will become available to Small Business users on the 7th December and to other users sometime after that as they are concerned about potential software issues.

Personally I think this is a load of rubbish, why they can't just take the HTC phone and stick their logo on it and send it out to us is beyond me.

Mattie Boy

May 26, 2006
I am on orange uk, contract was up 2 days back so I called about an upgrade

The bloke I eventually spoke to was very helpful, but ultimately said the closest thing to the touch pro they will have this side of xmas was the rose

He said they didn't even have it on a roadmap for q1 next year so I Got my pac and am moving to voda at the weekend!

andyfield

Aug 14, 2006
They have, according to the saleperson I spoke to, an 'unlimited' data package available too.

They'll have to go a long way to convince me to stay yet, including how/if they put their own, usually rubbish, rom on he device.

Does The Vodaphone Touch Pro ship with the standard rom, or a vodaphone hybrid?

Vodafone Touch Pro ships with Vodafone custom ROM.