HTC U Ultra - Home button keeps failing

Search This thread

gavin watson

Feb 24, 2008
Hampshire
Hi all,

Long time no post here!

I have an HTC U Ultra, about one year old, heavy usage. All of a sudden the Home button has started to fail. I have fingerprint scanning enabled, but it doesn't work when the screen is unlocked either, so I'm not sure it is related to the fingerprint scanner, I think it's more a hardware/software issue with the button...

I have followed another thread on this but I'm not able to resolve it.

The only thing that seems to temporarily resolve the issue is to switch it off, give the screen a good wet wipe clean and then switch it back on again. Just rebooting doesn't resolve the issue.

It seems to be getting worse in as much as it seems to be failing more often and increased regularity. I'm reluctant to factory reset it as I'll have to reconfigure it all again and I have read on other threads that it does not resolve the problem. The back and other (don't know what it is called!) button work fine.

Does anyone know what the cause is or shall I send it in for repair?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reactions: Evansm@

ahassanmaly

May 31, 2011
Cairo
Interesting this just started happening to me too , also 1 year and few month old phone and heavy usage.
Not to mention that since day 1 , the charger that came with the phone suddenly stops charging.
I bought another original HTC charger, and it behaves exactly the same.
especially when battery is very low like 10% or less, it don't charge at all.

I regret buying this phone, worst phone I have ever had

Hi all,

Long time no post here!

I have an HTC U Ultra, about one year old, heavy usage. All of a sudden the Home button has started to fail. I have fingerprint scanning enabled, but it doesn't work when the screen is unlocked either, so I'm not sure it is related to the fingerprint scanner, I think it's more a hardware/software issue with the button...

The only thing that seems to temporarily resolve the issue is to switch it off, give the screen a good wet wipe clean and then switch it back on again. Just rebooting doesn't resolve the issue.

It seems to be getting worse in as much as it seems to be failing more often and increased regularity. I'm reluctant to factory reset it as I'll have to reconfigure it all again and I have read on other threads that it does not resolve the problem. The back and other (don't know what it is called!) button work fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Long time no post here!