HTC U11 updates thread

Search This thread

Vitruvian

Jan 31, 2012
Ohrid
Thanks for the answer, now I'm little confused, can you help me to determine which version do I gave, I made screen shot if it helps.

You didn't receive OTA because maybe you have a Single SIM WWE phone and this OTA is for Dual Sim EMEA phones.
OTA can be manually flashed else from PC with " apply from sideload"

Sent from my htc_ocndugl using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-152507.png
    Screenshot_20190804-152507.png
    206 KB · Views: 734

Andreasworks

Apr 30, 2014
sorry but with this update if I reply to notification WhatsApp from the notification it appears to me as a new notification my response. do you find it?

Inviato dal mio HTC U11 utilizzando Tapatalk

doomscooter

Feb 1, 2009
Jakarta - Dumai
I don't understand, but my cid is HTC__034, and I'm on 2.33.401.19...?
Same CID but you are single sim not dual sim.
3.31.401.1 PIE release for 401 dual sim not single sim.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

My u11 has 2.42.400.7 version number. Can I flash this OTA?
NO. You cannt.

You CID 400, this ota for 401

Reactions: Vitruvian and ziand

eminc

Sep 16, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
HTC U11
Hello...

How long does a global roll-out take?

CID htc_001 Single-Sim (401.19)
Nobody knows when the specific version will get the update. You gotta wait.

For example, us unlocked was one of the first one getting the updates until Pie. Now, there is still no update for it.

So, there is not a stable timeline available.

Sent from my HTC U11/US Unlocked using Tapatalk

Reactions: DenisHTCu11

DenisHTCu11

Jul 31, 2019
Nobody knows when the specific version will get the update. You gotta wait.

For example, us unlocked was one of the first one getting the updates until Pie. Now, there is still no update for it.

So, there is not a stable timeline available.

Thx
The back buttons does not always work? is it just a bug that can disappear with the update pie?

andreipaval

Jul 13, 2010
Hello, so the update is out.
I have a European Unlocked DualSIM U11+, stock with unlocked bootloader, rooted with magisk and modified the mbn with the QPST and PDC tools to enable VoLTE.
Flashed back the original boot to unroot, tried to update by OTA, but it gets stuck at 24% and shows red triangle and exclamation mark.
I thought it's because I might have touched the system partition so I flashed back the system.img, I never changed the recovery.
But still no success, still fails at 24%. Tried to flash back a clean image of vendor.img but it would not let me.
Any ideas what is wrong ?
I know I can flash an old official RUU by sdcard and the update multiple OTAs, but this requires a factory reset
and I will need some time to backup. Was hoping I can somehow keep my data.
Thanks.

elendiir

Nov 14, 2007
Hi,

I do have problems downloading the Pie update via the update software GUI. If I try to check for new updates I do get an error message: "Can't update software. There was an unexpected error and the file system may be corrupted. Please contact HTC support for further assistance." The U11 is full on stock, not rooted. I have tried to clear the data/cache of the apps downloader and updater. But no success.
Do you have any hints what to try?
Is there a way to install the update via Sideload. I do have a single SIM, Vodafone Germany HTC U11.

Thanks for your support
Elendiir

luarpc

Sep 13, 2017
Sintra - Portugal
Restarted phone didn't work.

I had to flash RUU 2.33.401.10 DUGL Dual SIM (EMEA) from Google Spreadsheets, rename zip file to 2PZCIMG, copyed 2PZCIMG.zip to root directory of SD card. Rebooted U11 to download mode and flash RUU. OTA restored. Updated to 2.33.401.19 through OTA. Reboot U11, received OTA update 3.31.401.1 (9.0 PIE).

Problem solved.

Thank you guys for the help.

;):D

Hi,

I do have problems downloading the Pie update via the update software GUI. If I try to check for new updates I do get an error message: "Can't update software. There was an unexpected error and the file system may be corrupted. Please contact HTC support for further assistance." The U11 is full on stock, not rooted. I have tried to clear the data/cache of the apps downloader and updater. But no success.
Is there a way to install the update via Sideload. I do have a single SIM, Vodafone Germany HTC U11.

Thanks for your support
Elendiir

Hi,

Happened to me too. My HTC U11 was not rooted, bootloader locked, stock OREO Rom and the same message. Had to flash stock rom using SD Card method. Read my post. You have to know what CID is your phone and search for a european rom for Single SIM. Before, make a backup. Look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15JL3tRWDSVOUKo_revEYtQ_tRcOSJ0vWcvk8a7TK8Hk/edit#gid=0
Install Rom 2.33.401.10. Wait and you will receive an OTA update to 2.33.401.19 and then OTA update to 9.0 PIE 3.31.401.1

That's what i did and now i have Repaired OTA and i'm on PIE.

Reactions: crosshighair

Lars6112

Apr 18, 2012
Kamp-Lintfort
Hi,

Thanks for your support
Elendiir

The update is for dual SIM. You have to wait for the update for Single SIM. Especially for Vodafone (carrier update)

necktru

Jul 22, 2012
Lima
I had the same problem when my screen was covered by a glass screen protector.
As soon as I took it down, it stopped - without any software update.

Sometimes I have the same problem, never use glass, I think is a software problem, just trying the finger in different position works, like the fingerprint reader, not a big deal

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you make a short review?
    Do you need to make a clean instalation? (factory reset)

HTC Sense is basically the same as Oreo, but HTC has implemented everywhere a lovely ripple effect, animation between pages and hamburger item highlight has also changed. In settings app HTC has changed all the icons (now colored) and has done some minor ui changes like titles and dividing lines. HTC also redisegned the notification drawer bar that obscure the rest of the window with a traslucent color taken from the gradient of the bg. Now drawer bar's color changes in black or withe thanks to the color of the wallpaper.

But impressive is the reactivity of the OS, it takes some minutes of tweacking after the update to reach a sofisticated fluidity and battery performance improved (i got more than 30 minutes).

Last but not least, HTC added the overlay popup notification for all the apps, phone, whatsapp and so on (ex. incoming call popup instead of full screen: you can play with this small popup (dismiss call, speaker, etc), it looks like sense companion bubble); and they changed the way to interact when a word is selected after long press. From notification drawer is easier manage which app can display notification and snooze or minimize the other.

No clean install needed; i have done an healthy factory reset days ago.
    Hi alls
    I open this topic that will be followed during all the U11 life. First retail U11 are delivered with 1.03.xxx.x ROM.
    For those in search for OTA's files, RUU files and tips, I deeply recommand the 5m4r7ph0n36uru's mega thread that you can all find here :

[COLLECTION | GUIDES] HTCU U11 – RUU/Firmware/Recovery/OTA/Backups

For the records, and as OCEAN beta program is now over, I paste here all the fixes from 1.13 to 1.27 main ROM. If someone needs an anterior changelog ( from 1.02 => 1.13 ) feel free to PM me
    1.27 is the latest available ROM for this device test. An OK from HTC dev manager was ask before posting those logs so please, no more NDA things :highfive:

Changelogs :

1.13 => 1.14
    Ø Improve modem stability
    Ø Improve Camera AP stability
    Ø Enable Alexa on UT ROM (DUGL+UHL)
    Ø Add HTC Sense IME (on DUGL ROM)
    Ø Fix Edge Sense no function issue
    Ø Fix display too dark under low light issue
    Ø Improve Wi-Fi stability
    Ø Enable Settings-> Display, gestures & buttons-> Color profile
    Ø Fix storage issue that it popped SD card broken issue

1.14 => 1.16
    Ø Improve system, Wi-Fi stability
    Ø Fix “There is no sound suddenly when listening music with HTC type-c to 3.5 adapter” issue
    Ø Phase in new Google security patch
    Ø Fix failed to choose TouchPal prediction words when enabling magnification gesture
    Ø Fix Sense Home icons failed to show completely
    Ø Fix when device is connecting with PC, sliding will show lines on screen issue.
    Ø Fix cannot dial out by pressing the contact when user entered the handwriting mode on dialer with dual SIM issue
    Ø Fix mobile data button keeps at "on" status after flight mode is on issue
    Ø Fix No response when tapping Hardware diagnostics in HTC help if font size is set as largest
    Ø Fix Edge sense cannot be used after clear junk by Boost+ issue
    Ø Fix camera 4K2K and Slow Motion Mode noise issue
    Ø Fix camera recording lag issue

1.16 => 1.19
    Ø Improve USonic audio quality
    Ø Reduce audio noise when device is connecting with Wi-Fi 5G
    Ø Improve camera performance for preview lag issue
    Ø Enable Alexa
    Ø Improve Wi-Fi and modem stability

1.19 => 1.23
    Ø Improve system stability
    Ø Improve camera preview performance
    Ø Fix camera auto close when recording 60FPS video issue
    Ø Fix video lag issue.

1.23 => 1.26
    Ø Fix micro SD is not stable issue
    Ø Fix notification bar shows blank when user tries to dismiss notification issue
    Ø Fix no response when user presses camera button issue
    Ø Fix camera preview shows black screen issue
    Ø Update Alexa

1.26 => 1.27
    Ø Fix “SD card's encrypted file can be seen in another same device when its SD card status is also encrypted” issue

1.27 =>2.22.999.1
    Ø Upgrade from Android N to Android O

2.22 =>2.27.999.1
    Ø Fix GPS takes longer than expected to get current location issue
    Ø Fix failed to charge device with Xaiomi power bank issue
    Ø Fix device shows roaming icon when user is not in roaming condition
    Ø Fix USonic function failed when using MAX320 headset issue.
    Ø Fix device hang at lock screen issue.
    Ø Fix clicking setting icon on notification bar but no response issue
    Ø Fix UI layout shifts apparently after user enables Boost+ optimize foreground issue
    Ø Fix it shows empty in Boost+->"Manage apps"->"Apps"
    Ø Fix the notification dots are not shown when there is new incoming message issue

2.27 => 2.31.999.2
    Ø Fix modified alarm repeat time isn’t saved
    Ø Fix app crashes when deleting pictures saved in SD card
    Ø Fix unable to manually check software update

2.31 => 2.32.999.2
    Ø Fix “Unable to turn BT on” issue
    Ø Fix “Weather app failed to update location” issue
    Ø Fix “There is a tiny dot next to edge sense toggle button” issue
    Ø Fix “Device failed to charge with HTC charger and car charger until user forced restarting device” issue
    Ø Add workaround solution for touch screen function failed issue
    Ø Fix “Daylight saving shows like user is in different country” issue
    Ø Fix “TouchPal poor performance and function failed” issues
    Ø Fix “Call waiting function failed” issue
    Ø Fix “Failed to output screen to HDMI monitor when device connected HDMI dongle and played video” issue

2.32 => 2.40.999.1
    Ø Fix “account log-in page shows abnormally in Theme app” issue
    Ø Fix “touch screen but there is no response when resuming device” issue
    Ø Fix “when user pressed Settings-> HTC Connect or Settings->More, it will pop up an error message” issue
    Ø Fix “user cannot see the string on pop-up message if user chose “I do not like this suggestion” issue
    Ø Fix “user’s current location is not consistent with the location shown in Weather app” issue
    Ø Fix “after user optimizes power in boost+, it shows battery usage extended unreasonable hours ” issue
    Guys, enough already. This is not a problem feedback thread or not an official htc thread. Just write here if you have valuable information about some update. So, stop crying here. Nothing will change

I believe it, after I have seen it.
    If HTC starts to push monthly updates, then I consider in getting a HTC again after the U11.
    But right now, I'm just disappointed about their update strategy...

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs
    Can we maybe all resort to just posting in this thread when there actually is an update?
    No need to keep stating the obvious I would say.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone