HTC WP7 USB Internet Tethering - DFRouter

Search This thread

dfvn

Mar 18, 2009
Hello,
I love HD2 and WP7, but I need tethering for my mobile working. I do search all google and XDA but no luck, then I decide to make it one. Lucky is in HTC Mozart have HTC Test tool, after 2 days code and fix driver tethering run well on my HD2 WP7. Then I want to share for you all, use your own risk.
1. Download XAP file in attach
2. Download HTC Sync for Android from HTC for USB Modem driver
3. Deploy XAP file to your phone
4. Turn of your Data conection in your phone.
5. Run DFRouter and click on "HTC Modem"
6. Open your device manager, it will show 2 unknown device, choise device have ID is : USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01, update your driver with HtcUsbMdm and you got HTC USB Modem.
7. Make a dial up call from your computer and set it work like other WP7 tethering from samsung or LG.
8. Click "Zune Mode" to come back with Zune Sync.

For dial up make a call *99# with mi_01 id modem. Mi_00 is diag port, maybe have some qualcomm unlock here. Don't forget add +CGDCONT=1,"IP","your apn" in your advance property of modem.
For modem disconnect error let turn of your data connection in your phone, crazy but it work. Not sure it charge or not from your provider.
Wifi have native code too, but need more time to to.
Will update version soon!

Important note: Don't unistall dfrouter before you back to Zun Mode.

I did test it work on my HTC HD2 WP7 and HTC Mozart and my Windows 7 x64, WinXP x32.

Thanks

Attachments

• DFRouter.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 42,698
Last edited:

mdbq

Feb 12, 2009
Waterloo
Hello,
I love HD2 and WP7, but I need tethering for my mobile working. I do search all google and XDA but no luck, then I decide to make it one. Lucky is in HTC Mozart have HTC Test tool, after 2 days code and fix driver tethering run well on my HD2 WP7. Then I want to share for you all, use your own risk.
6. Open your device manager, it will show 2 unknown device, choise device have ID is : USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01, update your driver with HtcUsbMdm and you got HTC USB Modem.
7. Make a dial up call from your computer and set it work like other WP7 tethering from samsung or LG.

I did test it work on my HTC HD2 WP7 and HTC Mozart.
P/S: I still can't get live active key, who can do it please pm me.

Thanks

Nice one! will try!
for the key you need to call them because it is maybe related to your live id.
for example i had to ask another key for my other live ID.

tfouto

Jun 12, 2007
does this work on other htc phones? if so why not put under generic wp7 development? Is there tethering on other wp7 device?

G-ThGraf

Dec 8, 2009
Paris
Doesn't works for me.

HTC Sync doesn't see my phone... And If i Go back to Zune mod the device crash !

A

ajt320

Has Anyone Any Feedback?

Like many, Wi Fi or USB tethering is an essential functionality of the HD2. Indeed I am using a NAND Android based ROM because I need this functionality to write this reply.

I really want to toy around with WM7 (I have flashed it once and loved it but re-flashed a NAND Android ROM because of the lack of tethering in WM7) so it would good to get some independent feedback on this fix kindly provided by OP.

EDIT: Thanks G-ThGraf - just got in before my post.

Last edited:

nutmegy

Dec 2, 2009
My Windows Vista machine, does indeed install all the drivers... Doesnt crash either .... however as mentioned in the explanation it installs a modem, which requires a dial up no.

Unless i'm missing something can it use my 3G connection?

Ta

qzmufu

Feb 19, 2010
Hardware Error

Hi,

I am getting a hardware error when trying to connect (Error 692). The Device Manager lists the modem as functional. Windows 7 Pro 64.

Any suggestions?

Regards

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
Did anyone confirm that this works on HD2 WP7 and if yes, in Windows XP?
Thanks!

Last edited:

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
Hello,

I've successfully installed the driver (would love to have the driver in a stand alone package), but how to configure the dial up-connection?

And does anyone know what to do to get the usd-drive-mode running?

thanks

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
Don't forget add "+cgdcont=1,IP,yourapn" in your modem advance property.

I've tried every combination (with quotes, without quotes, dial *99#***1#, dial *99#, with dataconnection disconnected and connected end so on), but nothing works.

Can anyone confirm that this works with t-mobile in germany? Or can anyone even confirm that it works with hd7?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

For dial up make a call *99# with mi_01 id modem. Mi_00 is diag port, maybe have some qualcomm unlock here. Don't forget add +CGDCONT=1,"IP","your apn" in your advance property of modem.
    For modem disconnect error let turn of your data connection in your phone, crazy but it work. Not sure it charge or not from your provider.
    Wifi have native code too, but need more time to to.
    Will update version soon!

Important note: Don't unistall dfrouter before you back to Zun Mode.

I did test it work on my HTC HD2 WP7 and HTC Mozart and my Windows 7 x64, WinXP x32.

Thanks
    Windows 7 x64 installation step

You need to install DFRouter on your Windows Phone 7

Note: Please uninstall All HTC Driver first

Please download x64 HTC Driver at http://hosting.devteam.hk/file/download.php?id=E64498AA1 first.

1. unzip HTC BMP USB Driver x64.rar to any folder.

2. Start DFRouter on your Windows Phone 7 and click HTC Modem (it will show 2 unknown device)

3. Open Device Manager

4. Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_01 and force update driver with HtcUsbMdmV64 (inside unzipped folder)

5. Find USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0EFF&REV_0000&MI_00 and force update driver with HtcVComV64 (inside unzipped folder)

6. You will get two new device HTC USB Modem and HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM8)

7. Open HTC USB Modem and select Advance Label

8. Add below command
    +cgdcont=1,"ip","APN"
    (APN need to change it yourself, like me is mobile.three.com.hk, you can find it at your services provide.)

9. Make a new connection with HTC USB Modem, diag number is *99#

10. All done, just connect without user name and password, enjoy.
    For who got hard reset or uninstall DFRouter or HTCTestTool.xap before come back to USB Zune mode, usb of your phone now stuck in Qualcom mode, try this to set it back to Zune Mode:
    - Turn of your phone.
    - Turn on with volume down press, you will go to SPL Screen with , do plug your USB and unplug, remove battery and do hard reset by press volume up and down when turn on power.
    -If it not work, come to SPL screen then try to reflash your phone with ship rom.
    Anyone got the 32bit version of the drivers?
    Here ya go.

Hopefully someone can figure out this error 692 crap, cuz I'm stumped. Tried the APN address, the APN names, with data on/off, with APN in the cellular settings and without, IPV6 off etc. and nothing. Perhaps it's a T-Mobile US problem? Because I've tried the APN names "T-Mobile" and "T-Mobile US" and still get the 692 error...
    When you boot the phone while holding down on the Camera button you get to a screen (image should be attached) that tells you to connect to the PC. Once doing this it starts up Zune and you receive the error C101002E. The device now also shows up in the device manager while in this mode but still doesnt allow syncing as according to Zune it is corrupt and cannot be repaired.

Is there any way this special type of boot mode, I have no idea what it is, can be used to return the phone to Zune-mode?

Just throwing my ideas out there :D