HTC YouTube Player (WVGA / VGA / QVGA)

Search This thread

nickfinnis

Nov 21, 2009
I have downloaded and installed the YouTube for 800 x 400 for my HD2 but everytime it loads it says Error: Connection Failed. I have tried two versions. I have 3G signal and I have Wi-Fi active. I see others having the same problem. I am with T-Mobile. Does anyone know how to fix this?

keeng james

Sep 19, 2008
First time poster, long time reader, blah blah.

The WVGA link isnt working and I have an ATT Pure wich doesnt seem to have the stock youtube player that the real touch diamond comes with and I cant find any apps that work. Can somebody please help me get youtube on my phone?

Thanks.

EDIT: I discovered after doing more googling that att just left the youtube app in the windows folder waiting for me to paste a shortcut in my start menu folder. lol thanks for the speedy responses...

Last edited:

Ninja Jaiden

Nov 10, 2008
You already have youtube on your hd2!!

No need to installl it twice, plus in hd2 you have newer version!

Sorry but you're wrong.

Unfortunately T-Mobile delete the youtube app from their HTC Leo devices which = an EPIC FAIL!!!

The m.youtube/app version works though and has a nice side scrolling feature but overall it's pretty basic.

The HTC youtube app found in the HD Blackstone is the one we need.

metaphongtov

Oct 12, 2007
I installed HTC YouTube Player (WVGA) 800x480 for HTC Diamond2 but it prompted "Can not play this video" , I use cooked rom not original one though.

matrix_sid

Aug 10, 2008
Worked a treat on my touch diamond as compared to the original one posted under the vga version...if you are having problems with the touch diamond then use this version.

I just installed it over the other one as I couldnt remove the other one and it works flawlessly now.

The other one had problems with the video showing up soo small and the selection of videos being so minute!

Thank you soo much for this cdynu.

Im using a cooked ROM and it did not come with YouTube so this has really helped.

YouTube Full.zip

After instal make a shortcut with rescoexplorer or another program in start menu
Is vga version

Last edited:

acusca

Apr 4, 2008
Taipei
Worked a treat on my touch diamond as compared to the original one posted under the vga version...if you are having problems with the touch diamond then use this version.

I just installed it over the other one as I couldnt remove the other one and it works flawlessly now.

The other one had problems with the video showing up soo small and the selection of videos being so minute!

Thank you soo much for this cdynu.

Im using a cooked ROM and it did not come with YouTube so this has really helped.

YouTube Full.zip

WOW............Amazing. Audio and video both are working fine with Chinese by the Donsalari's ROM like attached.

Thanks Buddy!

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

TeeJay74

Dec 20, 2008

YouTube Full.zip
I have to confirm that. This version makes my youtube work at last on my htc diamond! GREAT! :)

I just noticed one problem: I can't scroll through the list by wiping on the touchpad. I have to use the D-Pad. :eek: Any help here? Thanks.

borgymanotoy

Dec 15, 2009
Youtube Lags

Hello I noticed that my youtube lags a lot... though it displays the video better... maybe it displays at higher settings [when I compared playing the same link with coreplayer].. but it lags..

some are saying to change the playback setting into auto instead of its default which is HIGH... but I cannot see any settings in the apps..

do u guys know anything how to correct this problem?

hope somebody can help thanks..

another thing.. any youjizz player for htc? hehehe

\/ ^_^ \/

pnireland

Jan 12, 2010
Birmingham
Conflict with other video

I have installed the HTC YouTube WVGA app for my HTC HD2 (on t-mobile) and it works fine, but it has adversely affected the ability to play other video (e.g. mp4 files including the defualt promo video already on the machine) and audio (e.g. m4a). When I uninstall the app the video and audio can be played without problem so the app is obviously causing a problem. I have loked for fixes but none seem to relate to this specific issue.

Thanks in advance, Paul

TeeJay74

Dec 20, 2008
I have to confirm that. This version makes my youtube work at last on my htc diamond! GREAT! :)
Oh NO! Yesterday I tried to play my favorite serial with the youtube app, like I did since a couple of days. And now, youtube doesn't work anymore. :confused: Now I have the same problem as I had with my old youtube version.

"Connection error" (I translated that from german). :eek:

I didn't install any software or change settings on my diamond. So why doesn't it work anymore.

Reinstalling the program didn't help.

Any suggestions? PLZ HELP!

XQ55

Jun 27, 2007
Kuwait
XQ55.com
Oh NO! Yesterday I tried to play my favorite serial with the youtube app, like I did since a couple of days. And now, youtube doesn't work anymore. :confused: Now I have the same problem as I had with my old youtube version.

"Connection error" (I translated that from german). :eek:

I didn't install any software or change settings on my diamond. So why doesn't it work anymore.

Reinstalling the program didn't help.

Any suggestions? PLZ HELP!

Acer F1 YouTube (WVGA).CAB