HtcMusic works on JF1.5, Dude, and Cyanogen builds. (3.6.7.2 07/17/2009)

Search This thread

emilj

Aug 7, 2009
New Bug...

Ever since Hero was released there was one app that I absolutely loved, The music player. Since that time I have been trying to port it over to a regular build such as JF1.5, however, I knew I would have to wait for JF to finish his greatest and latest project.

I am happy to say that none of this would have been possible without JF's new tool, which can disassemble and reassemble dex files.

With JF new tool, which can be found Here I was able to disassemble everything and put it back together HtcMusic ready...

So, the end result is that HtcMusic is now working on JF1.5adp

While this is a first step I will be working on the music widget next and then other Htc apps to follow.

For those that follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Stericson
You got to try it out first and will always get to try my releases first as a beta version. Thanks for the support.

Now, moving on to the good stuff...This is an old fashion update for JF1.51 adp, just put it on your sdcard and update it as normal.

Known issues:
Yes its slow to open, give it time, be patient.

You might have to wipe if you have acore force close errors.

Force closes if you open the keyboard while screen is off and music up is up. (Unresolved)

Be on the lookout for more bugs.

Stericson

I'm running JF 1.51... got it running but sometimes after using the music app, i go to gallery and it flashes the music app & then closes (not a force close, jsut closes) same thing happens if i open gallery from within video record or camera... only resolution is a reboot... any thoughts?

raysilverstone

Aug 30, 2009
St. Joseph
For advanced and brave users
If you want this working on cyanogens or dudes build, this is how it must be done for now.

If you want to push the files needed for this on your own then this is for you. However, I do not offer any support for other builds at this time, if it doesnt work on other builds I will try to help in my free time but cannot gaurantee direct and immediate assistance.

Here are the names of the files and where they go:

/system/framework
framework.jar
com.htc.framework.jar
com.htc.resources.apk
com.htc.android.easopen.jar
com.htc.android.pimlib.jar

/system/etc/permissions
com.htc.framework.xml

/system/app
HtcMusic.apk

so for Cy MOd 4.0.4 users do we still have to install HTCmusic this way?

wcdisciple

Jun 25, 2008
@Beagz
I"ve used htc music flawlessly with Cyanogen 4.0.4.
I've tried it with 4.1.10.1 (I know it's experimental) and I get stuck on the G1 screen .
Quick question:Should I expect it not to work with that build?

cal3thousand

Feb 10, 2009
@Beagz
I"ve used htc music flawlessly with Cyanogen 4.0.4.
I've tried it with 4.1.10.1 (I know it's experimental) and I get stuck on the G1 screen .
Quick question:Should I expect it not to work with that build?

Since 4.1.10.x is based on Donut, I would expect that it will not work without some framework modification.

beagz

Jan 11, 2009
Greenacres, FL
At this point I can only get playback working. If you click on either of the lists it will give you an error.

Stericson is busy with the lockscreen project so it is on hold for a bit. But if you are like me and do not use the album, artist. Genre or playlists I can send the files

wcdisciple

Jun 25, 2008
At this point I can only get playback working. If you click on either of the lists it will give you an error.

Stericson is busy with the lockscreen project so it is on hold for a bit. But if you are like me and do not use the album, artist. Genre or playlists I can send the files

I'll maintain some form of discipline and wait for everything to work properly with the next stable build. Until then.....back to 4.0.4 :D

maxisma

May 1, 2009
Dorsten, Germany

Was the same when I tried to port HTCMusic to Rogers.

b1czu

Jul 13, 2009
Pruszkow

Can U send me files or upload somewhere? Im using cyanogen 4.1.11.1 and trying to find way to use hero music app.

beagz

Jan 11, 2009
Greenacres, FL
Can U send me files or upload somewhere? Im using cyanogen 4.1.11.1 and trying to find way to use hero music app.

Ok uploaded to 4shared. Just replaced the Music.apk with one of your own. I just did this for test purposes but it does work for PLAYBACK only. And albumart.

Sorry if you don't like the redskins. Feel free to replace the Music.apk and resign or if you have problems I will do it for you.

http://dc173.4shared.com/download/136888530/1ab0f6e1/Skins4111H.zip

Can this be ported to Donut?

See above. It will play music and show and scroll albums but you cannot use any lists.

NSGJDAWG

Aug 27, 2009
Akron
Where can I get the HTC Music update for CM 4.0.4 I looked through this whole thread, there are many download links. Can someone help me out? Thanks...

Edit - Never mind I didnt think to check your signature beagz. Works perfectly fine, No FC's or reboots. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Shatterv2

Oct 13, 2009
Ok uploaded to 4shared. Just replaced the Music.apk with one of your own. I just did this for test purposes but it does work for PLAYBACK only. And albumart.

Sorry if you don't like the redskins. Feel free to replace the Music.apk and resign or if you have problems I will do it for you.

http://dc173.4shared.com/download/136888530/1ab0f6e1/Skins4111H.zip

See above. It will play music and show and scroll albums but you cannot use any lists.

i installed the 4.0.4 version where is it on my phone??

Thanks!

Last edited:

emilj

Aug 7, 2009
will this music player ever fully support android 1.6?

probably not since there isnt even really a FULL (yes I know there are half breed) Donut Hero builds out yet. Someone correct me if im wrong but hasnt the Hero Donut dump from sprint only been out like a week or two?

To be honest if you REALLY want the music player just get yourself a HERO build, it'll be worth your while. Otherwise, good lucky with a very buggy phone... OR find a decent music app app in the market.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone