• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock

Search This thread

semyazza

Apr 20, 2009
HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

Last edited:

semyazza

Apr 20, 2009
Directions

These directions are for Cricket the previous post contains directions for MetroPCS

Force Update Method
(Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)​

Cricket Stock Recovery Package
d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
3) Showing successful
4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up

Normal Update Method

2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade

Last edited:

opsguy

Jul 9, 2008
Tampa Florida
To flash your metroPCS phone back to stock.

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down)
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NO power off the phone during the process.

Reserved for future use. Directions on how to flash to come. In the mean time please check the post above for the available files.

I am assuming those users like me that have already rooted and installed AmonRA could use your nandroid backup to recover to stock "out of the box"?

Can you give directions for doing that?

Thanks,

semyazza

Apr 20, 2009
well so far is still searching for service.

Do you have "bars"? If so dial *228 and speak "Update Roaming List" when the menu prompts you to. That will update the PRL file. You should NOT need to do this though unless you did other things to your phone.

My guess is that you flashed the cricket update? If that's the case let me know and I will guide you through the process of manually programming your phone to metro.

semyazza

Apr 20, 2009
I am assuming those users like me that have already rooted and installed AmonRA could use your nandroid backup to recover to stock "out of the box"?

Thanks,

Better directions are on the way. I just have no time to post them today. I will update more directions tomorrow and gradually make the directions better.

General Idea though is copy raw nandroid files to sdcard to a folder within the folder "nandroid" boot into recovery and select the option to flash nandroid backup.

neko423

Dec 3, 2010
Orlando,FL
Do you have "bars"? If so dial *228 and speak "Update Roaming List" when the menu prompts you to. That will update the PRL file. You should NOT need to do this though unless you did other things to your phone.

My guess is that you flashed the cricket update? If that's the case let me know and I will guide you through the process of manually programming your phone to metro.

I have no bars ..
and idk if thats the case.

Last edited:

Thanks,

I need this too! This is my exact setup. I uninstalled google talk, couldn't use the market, found new apk files to install, got it working again, but still get fc's in the market now and then. So I'd like to start from out of the box knowing what I know now! :D

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
If you have a custom recovery installed already. My guess would be to do the following to resore.

1. Drop the files to your sd card in a folder structure somewhat matching nandroids structure. /nandroid/mem=211M/Stock/.

2. Boot into recovery (press and hold vol up and send then press power)

3. Go to Backup/Restore.

4. Select Nand restore

5. Select mem=211M

6. Select Stock(if thats what folder you named it).

7. Follow the instructions on the screen.

I haven't actually done the restore but, I did do the steps up to but not including the actual flashing. There was also a recovery image in the nandroid backup. I removed it on my card so I wouldn't overwrite my custom recovery. You can do whatever you want.

If you have a custom recovery installed already. My guess would be to do the following to resore.

Pretty new to all this, so if I do a full nandroid backup of my current system, then try this, and sumthin doesn't work right, I can restore my current system back to the way it is before the attempt? Scared to be the first one to try this. :)

Also, do I need to copy every file in the archive? Or just the .img and md5?

Last edited:

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
Pretty new to all this, so if I do a full nandroid backup of my current system, then try this, and sumthin doesn't work right, I can restore my current system back to the way it is before the attempt? Scared to be the first one to try this. :)

Also, do I need to copy every file in the archive? Or just the .img and md5?

Thats what is supposed to happen as long as the custom recoveries (ie Amon-Ra and/or Clockwork) were ported to our phones correctly. I would remove recovery.img so your custom recovery partition isn't overwritten.

babblescreef

Jan 13, 2011
Metro pcs

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

I tried this for my phone more than once but how can it boot the info automatically when the computer canot detect the phone during fastboot?

semyazza

Apr 20, 2009

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh

I tried this for my phone more than once but how can it boot the info automatically when the computer canot detect the phone during fastboot?

You need the correct drivers for your operating system. Use google or the forum search feature.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Fastboot Method
    (Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

1)Attach phone to USB
    2)Power Phone Off
    metroPCSStock-linux.sh
    metroPCSStock-mac.sh

Nandroid Method
    (Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
    663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
    /nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
    2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
    3) Go to Backup/Restore.
    4) Select Nand restore
    5) Select mem=211M
    6) Select folder named "stock"
    7) Proceed with on screen instructions
    Directions

These directions are for Cricket the previous post contains directions for MetroPCS

Force Update Method
    (Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)​

2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
    3) Showing successful
    4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up

Normal Update Method

2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade
    are there any other link for these stock images? the only site i can find to download them is from filedropper. however i have tried numerous time to download the files with my phone (both 3g and wifi), from my pc, and from my friends laptop. i enter the captcha, hit download, and save the file. unfortunately the files always fail, saying download complete with a file size of 0kb. i am desperate to find a way to go back to stock as my friends ascend (which i rooted for her) is having hardware issues with constant reboots reguardless of what rom i put on it (even the tweaked stock rom). i just need to get it back to stock with the stock recovery, not cwm.

any help?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

are there any other link for these stock images? the only site i can find to download them is from filedropper. however i have tried numerous time to download the files with my phone (both 3g and wifi), from my pc, and from my friends laptop. i enter the captcha, hit download, and save the file. unfortunately the files always fail, saying download complete with a file size of 0kb. i am desperate to find a way to go back to stock as my friends ascend (which i rooted for her) is having hardware issues with constant reboots reguardless of what rom i put on it (even the tweaked stock rom). i just need to get it back to stock with the stock recovery, not cwm.

any help?

sorry, i finally found a link to the adb fastboot version

http://www.mediafire.com/?yvs2mgdvf0ef4lh