Huawei Bootloader Brute Force

Johncoool

May 9, 2020
If it is not possible to bruteforce your device then you can consider using paid service. There are some that are offering credit to unlock Huawei devices. I think it is like 10$ and could work for more than one. So it might be possible to share it bringing the cost even lower.

I found some people offering the code for free on this forum after they are done using it on theirs. So you could get lucky with it. There are also websites offering username and password for that software but the ones I tried where all already used up.

DragosSo

Dec 14, 2020
If it is not possible to bruteforce your device then you can consider using paid service. There are some that are offering credit to unlock Huawei devices. I think it is like 10$ and could work for more than one. So it might be possible to share it bringing the cost even lower.

I found some people offering the code for free on this forum after they are done using it on theirs. So you could get lucky with it. There are also websites offering username and password for that software but the ones I tried where all already used up.

Thank you for your answer.

DragosSo

Dec 14, 2020
Did you manage to get the device unlocked?

Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, no. I suspect the phone has a protection. From the research i ve done, it seems the brute force solutions works up to Emui 9.
Starting with Emui 9.0 there were some security patches that closed this oportunity (the 5 wrong tries reboot)

Now i have to understand if it is possible to downgrade to Emui 8.something, even though the phone was released with Emui 9.0.

Johncoool

May 9, 2020
Sorry for the late response.

Unfortunately, no. I suspect the phone has a protection. From the research i ve done, it seems the brute force solutions works up to Emui 9.
Starting with Emui 9.0 there were some security patches that closed this oportunity (the 5 wrong tries reboot)

Now i have to understand if it is possible to downgrade to Emui 8.something, even though the phone was released with Emui 9.0.
You need to be careful with changes before you have a way to restore your system.

Before I learned about the need to unlock the bootloader I tried to flash the phone and it caused it to damage the recovery.

After about a year I got back to it and then I found a way to flash the phone while its off to reset it back to default stock then I resumed and eventually got the bootloader unlocked.

So first try to see if there are tools to set it back to default if it gets bricked.

DragosSo

Dec 14, 2020
You need to be careful with changes before you have a way to restore your system.

Before I learned about the need to unlock the bootloader I tried to flash the phone and it caused it to damage the recovery.

After about a year I got back to it and then I found a way to flash the phone while its off to reset it back to default stock then I resumed and eventually got the bootloader unlocked.

So first try to see if there are tools to set it back to default if it gets bricked.

Thanks for the advice. The phones display got recently completly shattered. I can acces the device via scrcpy to rescue my data. Afterwards i will experiment with flashing an older version of Emui.

About unlocking the bootloader, I ve found some website where are sold unlock codes, which states if the device is over Android 8 it is impossible to generate a code and some other sites that sell a program for about 120 USD that can unlock even the latest Huaweis.

Do you think that if the device was released with Android 9, is it possible to flash Android 8?

Last edited:

DragosSo

Dec 14, 2020
I am not qualified to answer about your request.

The below link is about the software I was talking about to get the phone unlocked. There are many videos about it.

The below link is to buy credit for it and the pricing. It might be even less than $10.

They are the ones saying anything above Android 8 cant be unlocked. Hopefully some developments will come up in time.

jfberne

Jul 13, 2015
München
---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

If you go to task manager you will see that it creates a fastboot.exe for each attempt. So Create a batch file with the below code and it will stop all of them on a loop with the time defined. Run it as Administrator to ensure that it works. Time is in seconds

Download the nircmd from the bottom of the below link. I used the not 64 bit one and and extract it then move the exe files to the

I set the Honor V10 in fastboot mode. Proof:
H:\>fastboot devices
A7QDU18828002137 fastboot

then I run the C program downloaded from the release in github. This program completes suspiciously fast after about 10mn and after trying 300K codes. But the HV10 is not unlocked.
Proof:
>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Sending 'recovery' (10652 KB) OKAY [ 0.264s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed
>fastboot oem fb_mode_set
FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')

I do not see fastboot.exe processes in the task manager so I did not implement your script for nircmd. Is this normal? Should I implement it anyway?

Does any on have an idea, what I am doing wrong?
My HV10 has EMUI 9.1.0. Having read carefully the thread, I think my next try should be to downgrade to 8.XX

Please let me know your comments!

JF

Johncoool

May 9, 2020
It might be the next required
I set the Honor V10 in fastboot mode. Proof:
H:\>fastboot devices
A7QDU18828002137 fastboot

then I run the C program downloaded from the release in github. This program completes suspiciously fast after about 10mn and after trying 300K codes. But the HV10 is not unlocked.
Proof:
>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Sending 'recovery' (10652 KB) OKAY [ 0.264s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
>fastboot oem fb_mode_set
FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')

I do not see fastboot.exe processes in the task manager so I did not implement your script for nircmd. Is this normal? Should I implement it anyway?

Does any on have an idea, what I am doing wrong?
My HV10 has EMUI 9.1.0. Having read carefully the thread, I think my next try should be to downgrade to 8.XX

Please let me know your comments!

JF
If you want to try to downgrade your phone or try any kind of major changes. I would say that you should find the method on how to restore it if it bricks. I got the stock recovery damaged and was unable to move forward until I was able to restore mine.

Sony phone have official tools to unlock the bootloader and to flash phone in case it was bricked which I used on two of my Sony phones but it was different on Huawei.

I did find a tool that recovers the old Huawei that I am using while it is switched off. But not sure if the tool works on all models or not.

jfberne

Jul 13, 2015
München
It might be the next required

If you want to try to downgrade your phone or try any kind of major changes. I would say that you should find the method on how to restore it if it bricks. I got the stock recovery damaged and was unable to move forward until I was able to restore mine.

Sony phone have official tools to unlock the bootloader and to flash phone in case it was bricked which I used on two of my Sony phones but it was different on Huawei.

I did find a tool that recovers the old Huawei that I am using while it is switched off. But not sure if the tool works on all models or not.
Well for the moment I am unable to downgrade anyway. I followed the method with HiSuite 9.0.2.301 but I do not get the possibility to install an old EMUI.

I am considering buying the bootloader unlock code now...

wrsky888

Dec 28, 2020
bro,can you share me Miracle Box?i download 2.58,but not working
by the way,y560-u02 is working?

I did not face that issue with the C# script. It just kept on going till it got the fatal error then I checked it and it was unlocked.

Stop the 2nd script at any time if you want to verify if it got unlocked.

Johncoool

May 9, 2020
You are in luck!!!

Sony does not need any of these methods. Sony has official tools to unlock bootloader and unbrick This thread is being used to bruteforce Huawei phones.

I have worked on unlocking My Sony. You can find the details in a my thread of another site.

It should have all the details that you need. If you have issues with it. Then open a new thread and inform me about it.

However, to unbrick the phone it must 1st be unlocked. That is what happened with me.