Huawei Cheating with some components on the P10

Search This thread

dbGHOST

Oct 29, 2014
Just saw that, and WOW.

BTW the link listed in that article as "Huawei forum" is not the official forum.
The official forum is trying really hard deleting threads, and in some forums "UFS" and "emmc" are now sensitive words.

Last edited:

HKShooter

Jun 26, 2014
Not only open close apps but actual load times and such...things that make a difference in real life. I'm pretty sure there will be a big difference between eMMC5.1 and UFS2.1 in real life.

I got a P10+ 6+64G Greenery in China and it was eMMC. I used it for 1 day and returned it because it's not as smooth as my Honor V8 and it lags occasionally when opening apps and scrolling the screen.
All complaining posts in Huawei's official forum were removed. They only show the good reviews there. It's 21st century but a Chinese giant is still doing such things:mad:

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
I got a P10+ 6+64G Greenery in China and it was eMMC. I used it for 1 day and returned it because it's not as smooth as my Honor V8 and it lags occasionally when opening apps and scrolling the screen.
All complaining posts in Huawei's official forum were removed. They only show the good reviews there. It's 21st century but a Chinese giant is still doing such things:mad:
In Denmark where i live. It is posted on one of the biggest mobile dedicated news sites. Not the subject about the deleted posts though.
Good thing you could return it :)

HKShooter

Jun 26, 2014
In Denmark where i live. It is posted on one of the biggest mobile dedicated news sites. Not the subject about the deleted posts though.
Good thing you could return it :)

I returned it successfully because I didn't mention anything about the different internal flash problem:D Some returns were rejected if they mentioned this problem in the reasons of return.
It's good that the problem exposes to the public as the consumer should know it before they decide whether they should buy it.

luis83rs

Dec 26, 2010
Madrid
Lucky you, I have on of the P10 with DDR3 and how knows if it has also eMMC5.1 instead of UFS2.1, and the problem is that I bought it more than a month ago here in Spain. I guess I will have to argue with the shop in order to have it replaced by a new P10 that MAYBE it has the same problem.

Man, I switched from Xiaomi in order to avoid several things (besides ROMs) like the quality of the manufacturing process (sudden death and things I've suffered in the last couple of years with several Xiaomi models) and now Huawei is even worse. I am very disappointed with Huawei, this is my first and maybe last Huawei phone.

At the end all manufacturers have their problems, Samsung with the Note model is an example. Maybe paying more than 800€ for an iPhone is worthless at the end...

HKShooter

Jun 26, 2014
Lucky you, I have on of the P10 with DDR3 and how knows if it has also eMMC5.1 instead of UFS2.1, and the problem is that I bought it more than a month ago here in Spain. I guess I will have to argue with the shop in order to have it replaced by a new P10 that MAYBE it has the same problem.

Man, I switched from Xiaomi in order to avoid several things (besides ROMs) like the quality of the manufacturing process (sudden death and things I've suffered in the last couple of years with several Xiaomi models) and now Huawei is even worse. I am very disappointed with Huawei, this is my first and maybe last Huawei phone.

At the end all manufacturers have their problems, Samsung with the Note model is an example. Maybe paying more than 800€ for an iPhone is worthless at the end...

Good luck! This is the first time that I know that eMMC is found in Europe. Maybe the source of your P10 is also from China? As you said, you bought it more than a month but it was only released just 1 month ago in China.

I understand that manufacturers always get the same component with different brands. The main point is that they have the same specification. But Huawei uses components with different specifications in the same model. That's really unacceptable. I am also very disappointed with Huawei as I used 2 Huawei phones (Honor 3C and Honor V8), which were good phones.

luis83rs

Dec 26, 2010
Madrid
Well, according to some benchmarks I did, the memory controller seems to be UFS2.1 finally so there is no problem with mine!!

So I am relieve! But I would like to be able to check out the hardware components of my phone to be sure, who knows...

Screenshot_20170422-135657.png

Enviado desde mi VTR-L09 mediante Tapatalk

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
Should do a poll about how many user have eMMC, what region + model. I've been Huawei fans for long time but now I kind of feeling been cheated (placed order of the p10+ and not knowing what will I get). Now I am leaning towards cancelling the order before it shipped out.

So question is does international varient i.e L09 and L29 been effected by this scandal?

There are 3 things chinese fans was flaming about are:
1) no Olephobic coating
2) UFS, eMMC
3) LPDDR3, LPDDR4

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ray_J13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys
    Bought both mine 3 weeks ago from retailer here in Denmark and both are with "old" emmc.

So gonna return them first thing tomorrow.
    Anyone else from Europe who got the "old" one
    Should do a poll about how many user have eMMC, what region + model. I've been Huawei fans for long time but now I kind of feeling been cheated (placed order of the p10+ and not knowing what will I get). Now I am leaning towards cancelling the order before it shipped out.

So question is does international varient i.e L09 and L29 been effected by this scandal?

There are 3 things chinese fans was flaming about are:
    1) no Olephobic coating
    2) UFS, eMMC
    3) LPDDR3, LPDDR4

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk