• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Huawei don't release bootloader unlock code! The end of modding?

Search This thread

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Out of desperation I just tried dc-unlocker. Standard unlock did not work. Force unlock shows Unlocked on the bootloader, but..
Flashing recovery gives the same FAILED (remote: image verification error)

20 minutes after buying the credits, paypal payment was automatically refunded, so they must know it doesn't work

So now I too have a fücked bootloader, great!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Code:
fastboot oem get-bootinfo
(bootloader)  unlocked

fastboot oem get-lockstate
(bootloader) locked

I unlocked my phone (PLK-AL10) - and I was able to flash new recovery. So for me it is working.

Last edited by a moderator:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
Ok its another Phone not a Honor 7 that would not work with DC Unlocker.

Well it is and it isn't ;)

quoting the people behind dc-unlocker in this thread

hopefully in future we will find method to read an actual code for this phone if it will be possible at all.

enough said

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Never again will i get a Huawei phone sucks big time to messy all this.

Yep, same here. ..and if I don't get this one unlocked soon, it will find its way to ebay...

Last edited:

bad85

Feb 8, 2008
Riga
unlock code

Yesterday i`ve successfully unlocked my PLK-01 on emui[dot]huawei[dot]com without problems, just logged in via facebook and filled all fields, after that i`ve immediatly get my unlock code..

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
let us turn the prayer wheel again!:D

@bad85
this would be linked to the side of vmall! Ok, like your photo told us, you have used the English side.
Hope, this information will help our other users too!!!!

@sminki
you should try it again!!! Maybe at an other machine.;)

Last edited:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
let us turn the prayer wheel again!:D

@sminki
you should try it again!!! Maybe at an other machine.;)

Om mani padme hum!

I have tried again, and from my work machine, just like the last 23 days, I have sent 12 emails and had no reply. I have used the "contact us" form on their site several times, nothing. I phone up the "hotline" today, the woman didn't know what a bootloader was, so after being put on hold i was told to email the address I had already sent the 12 mails to.

This is hopeless. I really can't bothered wasting any more time on Huawei. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Any attempt to contact them goes into a black hole, never to be seen again. OnePlus were easier to deal with!
As this is a warranty replacement handset, with a different device ID to my previous, I am beginning to wonder if it is simply blocked in the database...

Last edited:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
i got a reply today, telling me to use the site, and to use the huawei id on the device for 14 days.

So you use the site, it doesn't work, it tells you to email them, they (eventually) email back an automated response telling you to use the site, but the site doesn't work, it tells you to email them, etc. etc. etc.

What a ridiculous system.

asiekierka

Jun 14, 2007
Yesterday, I entered the English site, made an account with my email and unlocked the phone. Didn't have to wait 14 days or do anything special at all - it just worked.

1990marcow1990

Jan 30, 2016
I have tried many Accounts but at all time I have the 14 Days problem. I have write thousand mails but no one answer... Im very angry about this very bad Support!!

Josefsson

Jul 29, 2010
I have tried many Accounts but at all time I have the 14 Days problem. I have write thousand mails but no one answer... Im very angry about this very bad Support!!
@1990marcow1990 I just tried it, worked fine for me...
I followed the link in "Part II": http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7/general/guide-beginners-how-to-root-update-fix-t3255452
Clicked "register for free", clicked "email" tab and filled in a random mailinator.com address.
Verified the account, then started over with the login page and used the account to log in.

Filled in the information and captcha and got the unlock key in a few seconds.
You must to be doing something wrong or your browser is misbehaving.
Turn off any adblocker and try it in incognito mode with a brand new email

Thadda

Nov 10, 2015
I just went to the english website, logged in with my Facebook and got the code.
It still works, don't know why it's not working for everyone.... It should if you aren't doing any mistakes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you should login into the huawei account using your phone browser and not at your pc.
    Hi,
    I have faced the same issue with Huawei site. I did two thing.
    Post a support request on their site, called the local hot line here in France.
    Both first answered to follow the procedure on the site and/or mail (in English) to there corporate.
    Since the site was not responding (server a lays busy), I sent them an an Official letter (both in French and English) stressing the point that both French an European laws require that manufacturer provide this unlocking code with no discussion. The same day I got an email from the hot line asking for EMEI and product ID.
    In return they sent me the unlocking code.
    I got a different answer from the site support. Telling me again to try on the site.
    Furthermore both tried to tell me that unlocking the boot loader will void the warranty. This information is also incorrect according to European laws. What might void the warranty is modification to the operating system. The bootloader by essence is there to load the operating system furthermore for all European country the warning is in English, so it's only valid for UK and Ireland.
    i understand that you are frustrated, but i couldn't believe your statement.
    yes, it is true that to get this code will be a little bit difficult. But from time to time you can read about successfully unlocking the boot block.

lock here: -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64830825&postcount=31

i am sure, that HUAWEI would remove the unlock button from there web side if they want to discontinue this offer!:cool:
    you should login into the huawei account using your phone browser and not at your pc.
    Here is the copy of my mail. feel free to use it.
    This time I was successful to get the answer through the French hot line., but my mail in English to [email protected] got the same answer "go to the site".
    Usually when I get upset by those "crappy" answers from phone manufacturer or operator support I write directly to the C.E.O of the company, often it helps

I have bought last week a honor 7 device through my phone operator in France.

Has mandated by French and European laws, Phone manufacturer are required to provide upon request the bootloader unlocking code to their customer.

After several attempts on your site, I have called the hot line.
    They send me a message with instructions, not different from those I had followed by myself.
    They also urged me to email you if unsuccessful. In English.

I have open an account at email xxxxxxxxxx
    I have activate the account
    I have tried to get to the unlock tab under download.

I keep getting the following message from your server.
    Your server is not responding.

Could you please let me know how to get the code.

P.S.
    I am a 50th are veteran of the computer industry, and I know what a bootloader is.
    I got the unlock code without any problem in the webpage: https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail

I just login in with my facebook account, fill in the fields and I got it inmediately.
    I do it with my notebook, not the phone (I haven't try it with the phone)