Huawei E5372 custom firmware

MrFLY

Apr 8, 2008
Hi ValdikSS and thanks for your reply.
I have tried the balong program several times.
Both from command prompt and as a pure executable.
He always gave me platform error.

Today I downloaded a new version of about 18 days from the github.
I did it through cmd.

It seems to work does not release the platform error.
I use Win10 Pro 64.

I have great difficulty using the flash program as it is in Cyrillic and is not displayed from the command prompt.
I may have a flash guide via Balong.

Thanks for the support.

Ps.
Is the firmware + webgui file updated to your latest release as from github with the latest version of open vpn?
https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5372_mod_fw
Thank you

Attachments

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
E5372 modified firmware
Changelog v1.5.2 (04.02.2020):
  • Fix for OpenVPN: Add missing symlink at bin/openvpn_scripts/ip
  • Make symlinks to toolbox and btools to save space on /system partition
  • Update oled_hijack.so with LD_PRELOAD unsetenv version (fix for DNS over TLS on-screen menu)
  • Update adblock list
  • Trigger OpenVPN reconnection if OpenVPN is running by default
https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5372_mod_fw/releases/tag/v1.5.2

Reactions: rysss

rysss

Apr 4, 2011
hi comrade ValdikSS
thank you for your Mod. I really enjoy full petential of this dead cheap Mifi.

Also I want to ask,
1. it is possible for setting crond in this mifi?

I have to do this because my ISP service is really annoying, mifi must reconnect to get full internet speed past 00.00 am

2. there are circulating photo of mifi info screen in my country forum that this mifi could unlock other frequency bands. it is possible through firmware mod?

Attachments

Last edited:

rysss

Apr 4, 2011
Yes, this is possible with entware.
Already configured it, seemed works once after opkg install, after reboot crond not autostart. did I missing something?

That is possible, but only to some extent. Most probably it would require hardware modification, too.
I have mifi with hardware version xxxx-620 which is locked B40 TDD. almost operators in my country use B3 FDD,
where appropiate config file in the system?
or maybe baseband mod?

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
Already configured it, seemed works once after opkg install, after reboot crond not autostart. did I missing something?.
Yes, you need to enable entware autostart and crond autostart

I have mifi with hardware version xxxx-620 which is locked B40 TDD. almost operators in my country use B3 FDD,
where appropiate config file in the system?
or maybe baseband mod?
I'm not aware of the exact methods to enable bands.

Kuratayui

Mar 24, 2020
Hii valdiks.
comand in the parshe section. choose with header or without header? I am confused when I want to enter in cmd can you help me thanks

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
how to type it in cmd? step by step please. I'm a newbie :(
You need to open telnet client, connect to the router, type the provided command into telnet prompt, and reboot the device. I assume you're on Windows, you can use stock telnet client or download e.g. putty. Search the internet for more information.
Alternatively, you can use https://tools.texby.com/unlock-codes/huawei/ to calculate unlock code from IMEI.

Kuratayui

Mar 24, 2020
You need to open telnet client, connect to the router, type the provided command into telnet prompt, and reboot the device. I assume you're on Windows, you can use stock telnet client or download e.g. putty. Search the internet for more information.
Alternatively, you can use https://tools.texby.com/unlock-codes/huawei/ to calculate unlock code from IMEI.

Thats done. Ahhh thankyou valdiks. Your tutorial is working :)

Kuratayui

Mar 24, 2020
I have 1 question again.

I can't open the OLED Hijack menu, because the screen on the router is broken. how to automatically activate telnet and adb without open the OLED Hijack menu on device. because when I enter the router's ip address in putty, it displays the message "NETWORK ERROR: CONNECTION TIME OUT" (Check in the picture)

Message on putty
https://ibb.co/Y8nfzjx

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
hi valdiks, how to select bands on the network in the settings. because every time I choose FDD band 800, 900, 2100, or others after I press apply. settings not saved. only stored on FDD 2300
Your router does not support the bands listed in the web interface I guess. I made this menu for my router model.

I can't open the OLED Hijack menu, because the screen on the router is broken. how to automatically activate telnet and adb without open the OLED Hijack menu on device. because when I enter the router's ip address in putty, it displays the message "NETWORK ERROR: CONNECTION TIME OUT" (Check in the picture)
You can't. Either rebuild the firmware or blindly try to activate telnet. I don't have the router nearby.