Huawei E5372 custom firmware

Search This thread

udin86

Jun 12, 2015
GResik
That's possible to some extent, but the reception would be very poor due to hardware difference in different models. Not worth it.

Bro can you add 1800, 2100 frequency 4g for us in Indonesia for the next update? thanks btw for your contribution.
yea must be calculate earcfn for optimizing

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

on Huawei Honor X1 7D-503L you can unlock FDD- LTE band with write NV
at^nvwr=53802,4,00 00 CC 01
53802 is address for LTE band
nvwr is command for write NV

but in indonesia for LTE band use TDD not FDD
2100 mhz is B1
1800 mhz is B3
TDD 2300 mhz is B40

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

B1=01 (in hex)
B3=04
B40=80 0000 0000
so when you add b1+b3+b40 = 80 0000 0005

thats is teory EARCFN = LTE bands, if GSM use ARFCN

XRay437

Nov 17, 2013
Hello, using this firmware it's possible to switch to modem mode only (over USB)? Thanks!

Edit: seems that using this firmware my router is able to use the E5372 connection!
I've another question: there is no 5 GHz option on the webui, I'm also unable to disable the WiFi of the device (considering I'm using it as usb modem).

Last edited:

andygriffiths

May 14, 2021
Hello, using this firmware it's possible to switch to modem mode only (over USB)? Thanks!

Edit: seems that using this firmware my router is able to use the E5372 connection!
I've another question: there is no 5 GHz option on the webui, I'm also unable to disable the WiFi of the device (considering I'm using it as usb modem).
Hi, were you able to switch to USB Modem without NAT at all? I can see the device on my router, but only as a router itself which would mean double NAT, and wondering if it's possible to use it as if it was just a modem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Custom 21.290.23.00.00 firmware and 17.100.19.01.00 web interface for E5372
    The firmware is based on the original global firmware version 21.290.23.00.00. It can be installed on any previous firmware (unless you have locked bootloader), or updated from a modified firmware.

post_5_4278-fs8.png
    post_5_3029-fs8.png
    post_5_13469-fs8.png
    post_5_16988-fs8.png
    post_5_14158-fs8.png

Flash using balongflash (Windows, Linux).

Warning!
    This firmware can render your device unbootable! Use it only if you are aware of all the risks and consequences. In case of any problems, do not wait for help, you're on your own. Do not install firmware by non-tech-savvy people request, and do not sell routers with this firmware preinstalled.

Changes:
    • Firmware digital signature verification in the firmware server is disabled
    • Added support for IPv6 on mobile networks (disabled by default, could be activated "ipv6" script)
    • ADB installed and Telnet activated (disabled by default, controlled from the OLED menu)
    • The stock versions of busybox, iptables and ip6tables programs are replaced with full-fledged ones
    • The "atc" utility is installed to send AT commands from the console
    • Installed "ttl" script for modifying (fixing) TTL (for IPv4) and HL (for IPv6)
    • Installed "imei" script to change IMEI
    • A local transparent proxy server "tpws" and a script "anticensorship" are installed to circumvent censorship to sites from the registry of prohibited sites in Russian Federation (IPv4 only)
    • Added DNS over TLS resolver stubby (version 1.5.1, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and DNS-level adblock (IPv4 only)
    • Added extended menu on OLED screen https://github.com/ValdikSS/huawei_oled_hijack
    • AT^DATALOCK code is disabled
    • Added kernel module TUN/TAP (for OpenVPN and other programs)
    • Added OpenVPN (version 2.4.6, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and scripts for DNS redirection
    • Added curl (version 7.63.0, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p)
    • Added EXT4 kernel module and swap support
    • Added script for installing Entware application repository
    • Added script "adblock_update", for updating the list of advertising domains
    • Multilingual web interface with GSM/UMTS/LTE band selection menu
    https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5372_mod_fw

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhPaHmjZwPGZ9LY34vXD6H1V/
    E5372 modified firmware
    Changelog v1.5.2 (04.02.2020):
    • Fix for OpenVPN: Add missing symlink at bin/openvpn_scripts/ip
    • Make symlinks to toolbox and btools to save space on /system partition
    • Update oled_hijack.so with LD_PRELOAD unsetenv version (fix for DNS over TLS on-screen menu)
    • Update adblock list
    • Trigger OpenVPN reconnection if OpenVPN is running by default
    https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5372_mod_fw/releases/tag/v1.5.2
    Okay, but after the extraction process is complete. I open the Huawei web ("192.168.1.1") displaying the SIMLOCKED message, as in the picture. how to handle it

Https://ibb.co/BwDzWM1
    If your device is SIM locked, you need to unlock it manually. The easiest is to execute:
    Code:
    atc 'AT^NVWR=8268,12,1,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,A,0,0,0'
    via telnet.
    Previously with the FW Stock the modem was correctly recognized by my fritzbox 7390 as a backup lte unit.

Now, on the other hand, it is recognized as a USB disk and I do not have the possibility to navigate via the modem with the fritz Box.
    Your FritzBox can't switch modem to another composition (usb_modeswitch is missing or not configured properly). It could be that your previous firmware has special settings which allowed it to be used with FritzBox.

Try choosing "AT, Network" under "USB Mode" in advanced OLED menu. It should help.
    if i downgrade firmware my lcd blank out
    You need to install proper version of firmware and webui. Install both.
    so i want to know how you modify custom firmware? and what tools u have used to modify?
    https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/README/blob/master/useful_software_posts_and_links.md
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone