Huawei E5770 custom firmware & O2 SIM unlock

Search This thread
G

GuestD0956

I have a E5770s-320 with the following firmware:

Software version: 21.318.01.00.00
Web UI version: 17.100.14.01.00

Which downgrading firmware should I use to get a firmware without signature checks?

G

GuestD0956

Thanks, I got it to work. I'm running your firmware now, and it seems to work well.

One question though: I am trying to telnet, but when I enter admin / the password that works in the web interface, it says that the login is incorrect. Are the telnet credentials different?

P.S. Why does it call me a homosexual on every boot?

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
Thanks, I got it to work. I'm running your firmware now, and it seems to work well.

One question though: I am trying to telnet, but when I enter admin / the password that works in the web interface, it says that the login is incorrect. Are the telnet credentials different?
root/changemerightnow
Please read the readme, you'll find everything needed there.

P.S. Why does it call me a homosexual on every boot?
I assume that the firmware will be installed by tech-savvy people who at least read the description, understand all the risks and consequences and are able to modify the firmware in case of any problems or at least to revert back to stock one.
The firmware is created mostly for me and other Huawei router researchers, not for ordinary people.
"Not for resale, faggot" text was added to prevent reselling the device, to make the seller and the buyer feel uncomfortable and embarrassing. I don't want uninformed people to buy the device with this firmware and receive it with disabled security checks and force-disabled firmware updates from the developer.
If I write just "not for resale", that would be 100% ignored, but "faggot" word make people stop, think about it and at least ask additional questions to the seller.

G

GuestD0956

root/changemerightnow
Please read the readme, you'll find everything needed there.

Thanks, I got it to work.

I assume that the firmware will be installed by tech-savvy people who at least read the description, understand all the risks and consequences and are able to modify the firmware in case of any problems or at least to revert back to stock one.
The firmware is created mostly for me and other Huawei router researchers, not for ordinary people.
"Not for resale, faggot" text was added to prevent reselling the device, to make the seller and the buyer feel uncomfortable and embarrassing. I don't want uninformed people to buy the device with this firmware and receive it with disabled security checks and force-disabled firmware updates from the developer.
If I write just "not for resale", that would be 100% ignored, but "faggot" word make people stop, think about it and at least ask additional questions to the seller.

Hmm, well I wasn't planning on selling my modem, I just wanted to have a firmware that's not completely locked down.

G

GuestD0956

Suppose that I'd like to change the curse word to something different; where would I find the splash screen image?

I always really liked the word хуйло, and I'd prefer that over пидор.

(I have absolutely zero intention of ever selling this device, regardless of the firmware. I'll keep using it until it physically breaks.)

brilliant_smart

Oct 27, 2011
Bauchi
E5770 O2 FW version 21.200.19.01.405 SIM unlock

Huawei E5770 from British O2 network with firmware version 21.200.19.01.405 could be unlocked for free with a special firmware, without disassembling the device.

This firmware is based on 21.200.19.01.405 version and could be installed without flash code.
E5770s_Update_21.200.19.01.405_o2_simunlock_signed.7z

If you want to install another official firmware or a custom firmware, you need to downgrade 21.200.19.01.405 to a special technological firmware version 21.180.99.10.00, which does not check firmware digital signatures.
E5770s_DOWNGRADE_o2_21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99.10.00_signed.7z

To install the firmware, press both RESET button (on the back of the device) and POWER button, connect it to the PC and use balongflash software (Windows, Linux)

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhPaHmjZwPGZ9LY34vXD6H1V/

how do I get the download mode usb driver pls?

theimperialdragon

Nov 9, 2019
unfortunatly balong_flash doesn't seem to work on windows 10

balongflash doesn't seem to work for me either.

A terminal window appears breifly and then disappears.

I have tried running it on Windows 7, and Windows 10 (Parallels Desktop) but to no avail, even after installing the drivers.

This is absolutely frustrating.

Would be grateful for any help. Thanks!

icek

Dec 9, 2006
balongflash doesn't seem to work for me either.

A terminal window appears breifly and then disappears.

I have tried running it on Windows 7, and Windows 10 (Parallels Desktop) but to no avail, even after installing the drivers.

This is absolutely frustrating.

Would be grateful for any help. Thanks!

Don't double click the exe, you need to run it from CMD window,

alvin_cutee21

Mar 15, 2020
thanks, i manage to downgrade mine using your downgrade firmware 21.327.01.00.1133.. but i think the update firmware seems not compatible with our network in our country.. also when i press the wps button 7 times, nothing happens.. but when i tried the power button. it works.. the problem is i cannot modify the additional settings because it only works in the power button.. anyway. thanks for the help really appreciate it..

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
thanks, i manage to downgrade mine using your downgrade firmware 21.327.01.00.1133.. but i think the update firmware seems not compatible with our network in our country.. also when i press the wps button 7 times, nothing happens.. but when i tried the power button. it works.. the problem is i cannot modify the additional settings because it only works in the power button.. anyway. thanks for the help really appreciate it..

I'm pretty sure you're doing something wrong. Try again.

nando5

Oct 7, 2018
I have 21.313.23.00.00 version, and cannot find a downgrade version to 21.180.xx.xxx.
What can I do?
TNX

Last edited:

Slu79

May 12, 2020
Hi All

Im also trying to unlock the E5770s-320, locked on 02 -have flashed plenty of custom firmwares over the years, but am struggling where to start with this.

I assume I need to flash both .bins (fw and web) to the device.
I currently have it in fw update mode, and can see it in win10 device manager - its unknown at the moment so assume I need a driver for it (link to driver mentioned in fw is 404 unfortunately).

Can anyone give me last few pointers to get it over the line / link me the require driver for balong flash to reach the device.

current s/w

Hardware version: CL2E5770SM
Software version: 21.200.19.01.405
Web UI version: 17.100.11.05.405

output from balong without drivers installed (assuming its required - as the read me only references this as needed to force the device in to update mode).

C:\>balong_flash.exe UPDATE_WEBUI_17.100.19.01.00_MRE5_mod2.3.bin

????????? ??? ???????? ????????? ?? Balong-???????, V3.0.290, (c) forth32, 2015, GNU GPLv3
???? ??? Windows 32bit (c) rust3028, 2016
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

??? ????? ????????: e (ISO_WEBUI)

???????? ???????: 1110 ????
??? ????????? ?????: 778A8D175E602B7B779D9E05C330B5279B0661BF2EED99A20445B366D63DD697
?????? ????????: input
???? ??????: 2018.01.16 03:32:10
?????????: ?????? 1, ??? ????????????: HWEW11.1

????? ???????????? ?????...
???? ?? ?????????!

Cheers
Andy

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    E5770 O2 FW version 21.200.19.01.405 SIM unlock

Huawei E5770 from British O2 network with firmware version 21.200.19.01.405 could be unlocked for free with a special firmware, without disassembling the device.

This firmware is based on 21.200.19.01.405 version and could be installed without flash code.
    E5770s_Update_21.200.19.01.405_o2_simunlock_signed.7z

If you want to install another official firmware or a custom firmware, you need to downgrade 21.200.19.01.405 to a special technological firmware version 21.180.99.10.00, which does not check firmware digital signatures.
    E5770s_DOWNGRADE_o2_21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99.10.00_signed.7z

To install the firmware, press both RESET button (on the back of the device) and POWER button, connect it to the PC and use balongflash software (Windows, Linux)

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhPaHmjZwPGZ9LY34vXD6H1V/
    Custom 21.329.01.00.00 firmware and 17.100.19.01.00 web interface for E5770

The firmware is based on the original global firmware version 21.329.01.00.00. It can be installed on any technological firmware, or updated from a modified firmware.

Flash using balongflash (Windows, Linux).

Attention!
    This firmware can render your device unbootable! Use it only if you are aware of all the risks and consequences. In case of any problems, do not wait for help, you're on your own. Do not install firmware by non-tech-savvy people request, and do not sell routers with this firmware preinstalled.

Changes:
    • Firmware digital signature verification in the firmware server is disabled
    • Added support for IPv6 on mobile networks (disabled by default, could be activated "ipv6" script)
    • ADB installed and Telnet activated (disabled by default, controlled from the OLED menu)
    • The stock versions of busybox, iptables and ip6tables programs are replaced with full-fledged ones
    • The "atc" utility is installed to send AT commands from the console
    • Installed "ttl" script for modifying (fixing) TTL (for IPv4) and HL (for IPv6)
    • Installed "imei" script to change IMEI
    • A local transparent proxy server "tpws" and a script "anticensorship" are installed to circumvent censorship to sites from the registry of prohibited sites in Russian Federation (IPv4 only)
    • Added DNS over TLS resolver stubby (version 1.5.1, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and DNS-level adblock (IPv4 only)
    • Added extended menu on OLED screen
    • Added RNDIS and ECM Ethernet switching functionality without a switch program on a computer
    • All NVRAM items are unlocked
    • AT^DATALOCK code is disabled
    • Added kernel module TUN/TAP (for OpenVPN and other programs)
    • Added OpenVPN (version 2.4.6, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and scripts for DNS redirection
    • Added curl (version 7.63.0, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p)
    • Added EXT4 kernel module and swap support
    • Added script for installing Entware application repository
    • Added script "adblock_update", for updating the list of advertising domains
    • Added script to change MAC address of Wi-Fi in Extender mode (script "wifiext_mac") and USB MAC addresses (script "usb_mac")
    • Removed mobile connection logging (mobile logger) to extend flash memory lifetime
    • Multilingual web interface with GSM/UMTS/LTE band selection menu

The extended menu on the OLED screen allows you to manage network mode (LTE/3G/GSM), TTL modification, circumvent censorship, ad blocking, IMEI change, USB composition, control access to the web interface, Telnet and ADB.
    TTL modification and IMEI change require a reboot. The remaining menu items are applied instantly.
    To activate extended menu, press left (WPS) button 7 times on Wi-Fi information screen.

The "anticensorship" script helps to bypass Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) systems on some operators in order to bypass web site blocking. It starts the local proxy server from zapret complex https://github.com/bol-van/zapret, modifying the packets in such a way as to complicate their analysis, and redirects all traffic to ports 80 (for HTTP) and 443 (for HTTPS) to local proxy. The proxy server works autonomously, without any third-party server on the Internet. It is recommended to use it in conjunction with DNS over TLS, in order to prevent possible DNS hijacking by the operator.

Advertisement blocking is performed on DNS level with dnsmasq DNS server. It works with DNS over TLS as upstream, requests for which are redirected if the corresponding menu item is activated from the OLED screen. EasyList and RuAdList https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=32524 from raletag and AdAway https://adaway.org/hosts.txt are used as an ad lists.
    Ad-blocking at the DNS level works worse than full-fledged content blockers in browsers (AdBlock, µBlock), but it works on any device and in any program without additional settings.
    You can also control ad blocking with the "dns_over_tls" script.
    Domain lists could be updated using "adblock_update" command.

Entware application repository allows you to install additional Linux software from the armv7sf-k3.2 entware repository http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/Packages.html, using "opkg" package manager used in open source firmware for OpenWRT routers. Entware is installed using the "entware install" command. Entware files are installed in /opt, which is mounted in /online/opt. You can install many programs on 30 MB free space after installation on /online partition.
    The router and Entware environments are independent of each other, the installed Entware software cannot be called from the router's environment, and the firmware programs and scripts cannot be called from the Entware. This was done to ensure that the installed packages would not conflict with files in the firmware.
    To gain access to the Entware environment, use the "entware shell" command, to exit, type exit (or press CTRL+D).
    Entware is designed for advanced users who understand how to customize and use installable programs. About 15 MB of free RAM is available in the router, the launch of heavy programs can lead to the crash of important services for the router (especially when DNS over TLS is enabled), remember that.

Download link
    https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5770_mod_fw_webui

dear brother, i tried all but i think it doesnt work on my e5770. i have a diffirent firmware.. mine is 21.316.03.1133.. can you help me with this? thanks..

https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-route...o_flash_balong_v7r11_without_datalock_code.md
    Hardware version: CL2E5770SM
    Software version: 21.200.19.01.405
    Web UI version: 17.100.11.05.405

Grab this firmware:
    ftp://serv.valdikss.org.ru/Download...21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99.10.00_signed.7z
    And read readme inside the archive of modified firmware.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone