Huawei E5770 custom firmware & O2 SIM unlock

Search This thread

Slu79

May 12, 2020
thanks for the quick reply -

Sorry for the additonal questions, so I have just grabbed the additional downgrade.bin - I assume this needs to be flashed first, then the device rebooted on to this firmware first - before updating to the newer 2 files linked in post 1?

Also still not sure regarding the driver requirements:

After switching the device to the firmware mode, unpack the firmware from the archive and run balong_flash, passing firmware file as an argument:
balong_flash FLASH_FILE.BIN

it seems that the driver is only required to do point 2 above (put in godload via software) - as I have done this using reset / power buttons I assume the driver is not required in that case (which is lucky as its missing on the linked page now unfortunately).

thanks again
Andy

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
Sorry for the additonal questions, so I have just grabbed the additional downgrade.bin - I assume this needs to be flashed first, then the device rebooted on to this firmware first - before updating to the newer 2 files linked in post 1?
Yes. RESET+POWER to enter download mode, flash downgrade firmware, reboot, RESET+POWER again, flash modified firmware. The latest modified firmware is available on https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5770_mod_fw_webui/releases

Also still not sure regarding the driver requirements
The driver is needed if you use Windows. I don't know which and where to get it, I don't use Windows. If you're on Linux, you don't need driver.

Slu79

May 12, 2020
Actually - I managed to grab the driver elsewhere - and now have it installed (manually select driver from device manager):

https://unlock-code.ru/index.php?do=download&id=248

From here, it allowed me to flash the downgrade firmware successfully, reboot - reenter rw update mode, flash the main firmware, reboot, then do the same for the web firmware..

Boots fine and the UI is now udpated back to standard huawei red - plus im getting the faggot boot screen, however its still showing as SIM locked, any ideas?

Last edited:

Bamber1972

May 14, 2020
Hi,

I'm getting the same results as Slu79 - still SIM locked. I had a GiffGaff SIM in originally (which is basically O2 UK), and am now trying a Three UK SIM.

The firmware and WebUI are as follows:

Software version: 21.329.01.00.00
Web UI version: 17.100.19.01.00

So things definitely look OK as far as flashing goes. Not sure what I've missed...

Thanks,

Gary.

Bamber1972

May 14, 2020
Worked it out!

You have to flash the downgrade, reboot, flash the simunlock, reboot, flash the downgrade again, then flash the modded version! You can update the WebUI at any point after the downgrade.

Slu79 - I'm guessing you skipped the simunlock firmware thinking it wasn't required as the modded version would unlock it? Same here!

Thanks ValdikSS - brilliant work. :)

Slu79

May 12, 2020
You have to flash the downgrade, reboot, flash the simunlock, reboot, flash the downgrade again, then flash the modded version! You can update the WebUI at any point after the downgrade.

Slu79 - I'm guessing you skipped the simunlock firmware thinking it wasn't required as the modded version would unlock it? Same here!

What I did was flash the downgrade, reboot - then straight up to the new firmware - I didnt actually realise there was a simunlock firmware, could you link it and I will run through the process again now.
Thanks for the feedback btw - this should hopefully sort it out (although, I have already bought an unlock code off ebay, but was cheap anyway and wont be here for another week).

Cheers

:Ninja Edit: Just noticed that there is a specific 2nd post with the unlock firmware - I hadnt realised there was that additional step as mentioned above. I will give it a run through now.

Slu79

May 12, 2020

Im on the zeronet page downloading the unlock firmware - its insanely slow, did you have another Link where you grabbed it from?

Edit: - for what its worth, here is where I got it from.... save yourself from using zeronet.....
ftp://serv.valdikss.org.ru/Downloads/Huawei_Firmware/E5770s/o2 Unlock/

Last edited:

Wiryfuture

Jan 1, 2018
Southampton
Failed flashing

E5770 FW version 21.327.01.00.1133, 21.200.19.01.405, 21.318.01.02.07 downgrade to technological 21.180.99.10.00

This special firmware allows installing technological firmware on firmware versions mentioned in the title, without entering OEM code (AT^DATALOCK), and without using test-point (needle method).

Technological firmware allows installing any other firmware (even with incorrect or corrupted signature), without any restrictions.

WARNING: If you flash this firmware, you won't be able to revert your old firmware version because there's no official firmware files of these version available in public access. You can install any other firmware though.

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network):=

I have gotten the file for "E5770s_DOWNGRADE_21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99.10.00" and installed COM driver, but when I try to run balong_flash, I get an error at 16% fastboot and I do not know what it means:
00 Fastboot 16%
! Отвергнут блок 9 раздела 0 (Fastboot) - код ошибки 01
which apparently means
" Rejected Block 9 Section 0 (Fastboot) - Error Code 01", but I still do not understand why it has happened.

ValdikSS

Nov 10, 2007
" Rejected Block 9 Section 0 (Fastboot) - Error Code 01", but I still do not understand why it has happened.

The device does not accept this firmware. You probably have another version installed. Downgrading firmware files could be used only if the version is precisely exact.

Tribux

Feb 3, 2016
Hi. I have router E5785 with swollen battery and I would like to have an option to disable battery. So I found some files on github(GIT_E5785). But not really sure how I supposed to do it? Enter the download mode with RESET+PWR BUTTON and then connect to PC and start scripts to download the bin files? Could you guide me or at least send some materials or links, I would be really gratefull :)

Ridoy_121

Mar 12, 2021
dear admin i need to be unlock my router please help me i try to download here file but ur link not workng please can u uplode for me any other link here my email plase i am wait for ur fedback here [email protected]

E5770 O2 FW version 21.200.19.01.405 SIM unlock

parmaster84

Jun 14, 2019

Hi ValdikSS,

I have tried to download the signing application listed in the above link, but all the links are dead.
My software version is 21.200.19.00.1364 and WebUI version is 17.100.11.00.1364
I'm wondering if you know where I would be able to download a downgrade version compatible with my software version or have a working link for the signing software from the link above?

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    E5770 O2 FW version 21.200.19.01.405 SIM unlock

Huawei E5770 from British O2 network with firmware version 21.200.19.01.405 could be unlocked for free with a special firmware, without disassembling the device.

This firmware is based on 21.200.19.01.405 version and could be installed without flash code.
    E5770s_Update_21.200.19.01.405_o2_simunlock_signed.7z

If you want to install another official firmware or a custom firmware, you need to downgrade 21.200.19.01.405 to a special technological firmware version 21.180.99.10.00, which does not check firmware digital signatures.
    E5770s_DOWNGRADE_o2_21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99.10.00_signed.7z

To install the firmware, press both RESET button (on the back of the device) and POWER button, connect it to the PC and use balongflash software (Windows, Linux)

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhPaHmjZwPGZ9LY34vXD6H1V/
    Custom 21.329.01.00.00 firmware and 17.100.19.01.00 web interface for E5770

The firmware is based on the original global firmware version 21.329.01.00.00. It can be installed on any technological firmware, or updated from a modified firmware.

Flash using balongflash (Windows, Linux).

Attention!
    This firmware can render your device unbootable! Use it only if you are aware of all the risks and consequences. In case of any problems, do not wait for help, you're on your own. Do not install firmware by non-tech-savvy people request, and do not sell routers with this firmware preinstalled.

Changes:
    • Firmware digital signature verification in the firmware server is disabled
    • Added support for IPv6 on mobile networks (disabled by default, could be activated "ipv6" script)
    • ADB installed and Telnet activated (disabled by default, controlled from the OLED menu)
    • The stock versions of busybox, iptables and ip6tables programs are replaced with full-fledged ones
    • The "atc" utility is installed to send AT commands from the console
    • Installed "ttl" script for modifying (fixing) TTL (for IPv4) and HL (for IPv6)
    • Installed "imei" script to change IMEI
    • A local transparent proxy server "tpws" and a script "anticensorship" are installed to circumvent censorship to sites from the registry of prohibited sites in Russian Federation (IPv4 only)
    • Added DNS over TLS resolver stubby (version 1.5.1, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and DNS-level adblock (IPv4 only)
    • Added extended menu on OLED screen
    • Added RNDIS and ECM Ethernet switching functionality without a switch program on a computer
    • All NVRAM items are unlocked
    • AT^DATALOCK code is disabled
    • Added kernel module TUN/TAP (for OpenVPN and other programs)
    • Added OpenVPN (version 2.4.6, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and scripts for DNS redirection
    • Added curl (version 7.63.0, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p)
    • Added EXT4 kernel module and swap support
    • Added script for installing Entware application repository
    • Added script "adblock_update", for updating the list of advertising domains
    • Added script to change MAC address of Wi-Fi in Extender mode (script "wifiext_mac") and USB MAC addresses (script "usb_mac")
    • Removed mobile connection logging (mobile logger) to extend flash memory lifetime
    • Multilingual web interface with GSM/UMTS/LTE band selection menu

The extended menu on the OLED screen allows you to manage network mode (LTE/3G/GSM), TTL modification, circumvent censorship, ad blocking, IMEI change, USB composition, control access to the web interface, Telnet and ADB.
    TTL modification and IMEI change require a reboot. The remaining menu items are applied instantly.
    To activate extended menu, press left (WPS) button 7 times on Wi-Fi information screen.

The "anticensorship" script helps to bypass Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) systems on some operators in order to bypass web site blocking. It starts the local proxy server from zapret complex https://github.com/bol-van/zapret, modifying the packets in such a way as to complicate their analysis, and redirects all traffic to ports 80 (for HTTP) and 443 (for HTTPS) to local proxy. The proxy server works autonomously, without any third-party server on the Internet. It is recommended to use it in conjunction with DNS over TLS, in order to prevent possible DNS hijacking by the operator.

Advertisement blocking is performed on DNS level with dnsmasq DNS server. It works with DNS over TLS as upstream, requests for which are redirected if the corresponding menu item is activated from the OLED screen. EasyList and RuAdList https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=32524 from raletag and AdAway https://adaway.org/hosts.txt are used as an ad lists.
    Ad-blocking at the DNS level works worse than full-fledged content blockers in browsers (AdBlock, µBlock), but it works on any device and in any program without additional settings.
    You can also control ad blocking with the "dns_over_tls" script.
    Domain lists could be updated using "adblock_update" command.

Entware application repository allows you to install additional Linux software from the armv7sf-k3.2 entware repository http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/Packages.html, using "opkg" package manager used in open source firmware for OpenWRT routers. Entware is installed using the "entware install" command. Entware files are installed in /opt, which is mounted in /online/opt. You can install many programs on 30 MB free space after installation on /online partition.
    The router and Entware environments are independent of each other, the installed Entware software cannot be called from the router's environment, and the firmware programs and scripts cannot be called from the Entware. This was done to ensure that the installed packages would not conflict with files in the firmware.
    To gain access to the Entware environment, use the "entware shell" command, to exit, type exit (or press CTRL+D).
    Entware is designed for advanced users who understand how to customize and use installable programs. About 15 MB of free RAM is available in the router, the launch of heavy programs can lead to the crash of important services for the router (especially when DNS over TLS is enabled), remember that.

Download link
    https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-routers-mods/Huawei_E5770_mod_fw_webui

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhPaHmjZwPGZ9LY34vXD6H1V/
    dear brother, i tried all but i think it doesnt work on my e5770. i have a diffirent firmware.. mine is 21.316.03.1133.. can you help me with this? thanks..

https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-route...o_flash_balong_v7r11_without_datalock_code.md
    Hardware version: CL2E5770SM
    Software version: 21.200.19.01.405
    Web UI version: 17.100.11.05.405

Grab this firmware:
    ftp://serv.valdikss.org.ru/Download...21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99.10.00_signed.7z
    And read readme inside the archive of modified firmware.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone