• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei Firm Finder / Huawei Firm Archive ( 2021 Edition )

Search This thread

EduardoAmp

Aug 26, 2021
Introduction
  • It's not a tool but rather an online website, unfortunately recently FirmFinder has gone out of business with Huawei's new changes, so I grabbed a cheap VPS and got a website up with archives of old / new firmwares.
Features
  • Support for Phone Model Based Search
  • Support for CXXX Value Based Search
  • Support for Vendor Based Search
  • Support for Target OS buildnumber Search.
  • Smooth environment, where the database gets fully downloaded and cached in your hardware.
How to install a rom?

Screenshots

Lets go to the website!

Special thanks to my friend @oslo83 for the suggestion and the help in grabbing the ROMS from Huawei's servers.

@IProfessor

Hi there,

I have been googling around for hours, and looking for some way to grab old Mate 8, model number NXT-L09 Huawei firmware.

It seems update.hicloud.com is down. But I have still an old Mate Mate 8.

I have searched for it in firmfinder.ml but I can not find it there.

Dear @IProfessor can you please help me on finding the right one?​

Really appreciate your help.

Another note:

Can I use NXT-L29 firmware on my NXT-L09?

Thanks in advance.

@IProfessor

Hi there,

I have been googling around for hours, and looking for some way to grab old Mate 8, model number NXT-L09 Huawei firmware.

It seems update.hicloud.com is down. But I have still an old Mate Mate 8.

I have searched for it in firmfinder.ml but I can not find it there.

Dear @IProfessor can you please help me on finding the right one?​

Really appreciate your help.

Another note:

Can I use NXT-L29 firmware on my NXT-L09?

Thanks in advance.
People succeeded installing L29 on L09 with EMUI 10, but I'm not sure about older versions.

On what exact build number your phone is? like B560? your region is C185?

EduardoAmp

Aug 26, 2021
Hi @IProfessor ,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The model number is: HUAWEI NXT-L09

The build number is: NXT-L09C605B131

Android Version 6.0

EMUI version EMUI 4.0.

Current Network Information Query -> Vendor Country Info is:
Vendor: hw

However according to the build number the country is Colombia (C605)?

According to another post:
C605 is Latin America
and
C185 Middle East & Africa , Latin America

Regards,
Eduardo

Last edited:

EduardoAmp

Aug 26, 2021
People succeeded installing L29 on L09 with EMUI 10, but I'm not sure about older versions.

On what exact build number your phone is? like B560? your region is C185?
Hi @IProfessor ,

Android Version 6.0

EMUI version EMUI 4.0.

C605 is Latin America
and

Regards,
Eduardo

Hi @IProfessor ,

Android Version 6.0

EMUI version EMUI 4.0.

C605 is Latin America
and

Regards,
Eduardo
I've ran a brute force search for your device model, and unfortunately nothing can be retrieved from Huawei's servers....

RollbackHardHwei

Sep 9, 2021
Hi @IProfessor,

I cannot reach firmfinder.ml, is it temporarily down or permanently shut down? (Thanks for hosting in the first place btw). Need to downgrade my Huawei Mate 30 TAS-L29(C636) on 11.0 to 10 to be able to use Google Play again, and firmfinder.ml+HiSuite Proxy seems to be my only hope to do this. Tried many other methods that didn't work.

Much appreciated!

Hi @IProfessor,

I cannot reach firmfinder.ml, is it temporarily down or permanently shut down? (Thanks for hosting in the first place btw). Need to downgrade my Huawei Mate 30 TAS-L29(C636) on 11.0 to 10 to be able to use Google Play again, and firmfinder.ml+HiSuite Proxy seems to be my only hope to do this. Tried many other methods that didn't work.

Much appreciated!
Hey, just checked the website and it's all fine. Try switching to other network connection or using vpn, your Internet service provider might be blocking the website.

borispavlov

Nov 7, 2017
Hi @IProfessor

is it possible to force OTA updates on the phone to search for updates via hisuite proxy address?

Long story short, I have a p30 ele-l29 that I downgraded to 10.0 from 11.x. Now it seems Huawei have blocked USB Functions and also disabled the hardware testpoint method. I also think I may have damaged the WiFi /Bluetooth chip while attempting the hardware testpoint because my phone no longer works with either of those connections. WiFi worked after downgrading, I even installed a 6mb patch update. But after that it no longer works.

I'm stuck with using my mobile data for Internet. When I try to search for OTA updates, it says I'm using the latest updates but I'm on 10.0.0

Any ideas on how I can force emui 11 updates using mobile data only?

Hi @IProfessor

is it possible to force OTA updates on the phone to search for updates via hisuite proxy address?

Long story short, I have a p30 ele-l29 that I downgraded to 10.0 from 11.x. Now it seems Huawei have blocked USB Functions and also disabled the hardware testpoint method. I also think I may have damaged the WiFi /Bluetooth chip while attempting the hardware testpoint because my phone no longer works with either of those connections. WiFi worked after downgrading, I even installed a 6mb patch update. But after that it no longer works.

I'm stuck with using my mobile data for Internet. When I try to search for OTA updates, it says I'm using the latest updates but I'm on 10.0.0

Boot to erecovery and see if WiFi is available there, you can do an update using erecovery

If that doesn't work, boot your phone into fastboot and do a system rescue recovery.

System rescue:

Recovery's process a long procedure, bare with me.

1. You need to modify a file.
C://Users/Your System username/App data/Local/HiSuite/userdata/UpdateDogDev/HiSuiteConfig.xml"

Add your phone model inside that file, under <REGION name="Default"

2. Boot into fastboot and connect your phone to pc

3. Click on recovery in hisuite

4. Redo step 1

If it found a newer package for recovery, proceed with official hisuite's recovery, otherwise:

5. Read the log file
C:/Users/Your user/App Data/Local/HiSuite/log/Systemupdate.log

Find what Base, cust and preload packages are installed.

6. Find the 3 packages (base, cust and preload) or newer versions of them in firmfinder

7. Add the packages to HiSuite proxy

8. Choose OS Type as "Recovery OS" in HiSuite proxy.

9. Click on "recover" i n HiSuite.

10. Good luck.

borispavlov

Nov 7, 2017
Boot to erecovery and see if WiFi is available there, you can do an update using erecovery

If that doesn't work, boot your phone into fastboot and do a system rescue recovery.

System rescue:

Recovery's process a long procedure, bare with me.

1. You need to modify a file.
C://Users/Your System username/App data/Local/HiSuite/userdata/UpdateDogDev/HiSuiteConfig.xml"

Add your phone model inside that file, under <REGION name="Default"

2. Boot into fastboot and connect your phone to pc

3. Click on recovery in hisuite

4. Redo step 1

If it found a newer package for recovery, proceed with official hisuite's recovery, otherwise:

5. Read the log file
C:/Users/Your user/App Data/Local/HiSuite/log/Systemupdate.log

Find what Base, cust and preload packages are installed.

6. Find the 3 packages (base, cust and preload) or newer versions of them in firmfinder

7. Add the packages to HiSuite proxy

8. Choose OS Type as "Recovery OS" in HiSuite proxy.

9. Click on "recover" i n HiSuite.

10. Good luck.
Oops,
1. I think you missed the part where I said USB is blocked. So no fastboot.
2. Wifi module is kinda damaged, wifi isn't working anywhere. In erecovery, phone was even rebooting when trying to search for a wifi connection.

My only option is mobile data.

Do you know if flashing via a Nano Memory Card would work? since OTG won't work either.

Oops,
1. I think you missed the part where I said USB is blocked. So no fastboot.
2. Wifi module is kinda damaged, wifi isn't working anywhere. In erecovery, phone was even rebooting when trying to search for a wifi connection.

My only option is mobile data.

Do you know if flashing via a Nano Memory Card would work? since OTG won't work either.
I did notice that, but thought fastboot might have a different story.

Well then yeah I guess your only choice is memory card.

borispavlov

Nov 7, 2017
I did notice that, but thought fastboot might have a different story.

Well then yeah I guess your only choice is memory card.
Bummer.

Do you know if putting the Update zip files in some folder on the internal storage, and then booting to update mode, would have the same effect as updating via hisuite? I mean that is what hisuite is probaby doing behind the scenes no?

Also is there something I can do with my router maybe, to make OTA updates search for updates through your hisuite proxie? I am comfortable with router and network configurations, as well as APIs.

Bummer.

Do you know if putting the Update zip files in some folder on the internal storage, and then booting to update mode, would have the same effect as updating via hisuite? I mean that is what hisuite is probaby doing behind the scenes no?

Also is there something I can do with my router maybe, to make OTA updates search for updates through your hisuite proxie? I am comfortable with router and network configurations, as well as APIs.
PHP:
[2021-09-05 17:19:49:232][L2_VIM][sn=52][RESULT: TRUE][HiSuite_SystemUpdate][[[DATA1: Success get path [/data/update/HiSuiteOUC/][tid=10812]]]]
[2021-09-05 17:19:49:681][L2_VIM][sn=53][RESULT: TRUE][HiSuite_SystemUpdate][[[DATA1: Send package to device push "C:\Users\AdrianC\Documents\Hisuite\ROM/ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131/full/update_full_base.zip" "/data/update/HiSuiteOUC/409481/"[tid=10812]]]][[[DATA2: ?]]]
[2021-09-05 17:38:05:847][L2_VIM][sn=54][RESULT: TRUE][HiSuite_SystemUpdate][[[CAUSE: ?]]][[[DATA1: Send package to device push "C:\Users\AdrianC\Documents\Hisuite\ROM/ELS-N39-CUST 10.1.0.2(C432)/full/update_full_cust_ELS-N39_hw_eu.zip" "/data/update/HiSuiteOUC/409517/"[tid=13056]]]]
[2021-09-05 17:38:06:064][L2_VIM][sn=55][RESULT: TRUE][HiSuite_SystemUpdate][[[CAUSE: ?]]][[[DATA1: Send package to device push "C:\Users\AdrianC\Documents\Hisuite\ROM/ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C432R6)/full/update_full_preload_ELS-N29_hw_eu_R6.zip" "/data/update/HiSuiteOUC/409483/"[tid=15744]]]][[[DATA2: ?]]][[[DATA3: ?]]]

Though beside the packages you need an authentication file, which is supposed to have
PHP:
{"updateToken":"UpdateTOKEN","approvedVersionList":[{"versionId":"ROMID","status":"0","versionNumber":"VERSIONNAME"},{"versionId":"ROMID","status":"0","versionNumber":"VERSIONNAME"},{"versionId":"ROMID","status":"0","versionNumber":"VERSIONNAME"}],"deviceToken":"DEVICETOKEN"}

But base64 encoded, along with a certification and a signature....
You get it by requesting: ( though I don't know where does HiSuite place this file... )

PHP:
HTTPS://query.hicloud.com:443/sp_ard_common/v1/authorize.action : 
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Proxy-Authorization: Basic Og==
Host: query.hicloud.com
Accept: */*
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 3575
Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8

{
    "deviceCertificate" : "certificate",
    "deviceId" : "deviceID",
    "deviceToken" : "devicetoken",
    "keyAttestation" : "devicekey",
    "updateToken" : "UpdateTOKEN",
    "vendor" : "MODEL-CUST-region:",// ex ELS-N29-hw-eu
    "ver" : "2",
    "version" : 
    [
        {
            "versionId" : "VERSIONID" // base
        },
        {
            "versionId" : "VERSIONID" // cust
        },
        {
            "versionId" : "VERSIONID" // preload
        }
    ]
}

I don't think you can manipulate the DNS data to fool eRecovery to use HiSuite Proxy, because simply it would verify the ssl certificate and realize that it doesn't belong to Huawei... ( that's why patching HiSuite in order to run the proxy is mandatory )

Reactions: AndDiSa

borispavlov

Nov 7, 2017
Hi @IProfessor ,

Android Version 6.0

EMUI version EMUI 4.0.

C605 is Latin America
and

Regards,
Eduardo
I will upload an offline update file for you which you can flash via SDCard

Reactions: EduardoAmp

ajripper

Jun 5, 2012
Hi @IProfessor

Hi @borispavlov

I have a solution for this

Attachments

• 20210921_233124.jpg
    20210921_233124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • FB_IMG_1632289540650.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632289540650.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts