Huawei Firm Finder / Huawei Firm Archive ( 2021 Edition )

Search This thread
Thank you for your inputs.

I just want to report, I tried both updating to 9.1 and 10 using this, it proceeds to download and install, when it restarts my device and check the version, it still shows 9.0.0.251... I am trying to download the actual files this time but what could I be doing wrong here... :(
It doesn't show any error just doesn't install?

P.S another xda member was unable to install the packages, he was trying to go to emui 9 from 10 I guess, what he did was first upgrading to latest version of 10 then he was able to proceed with the rollback.

Maybe try first going to latest version of emui 9.0 if you're not already on the latest?

Last edited:
Reactions: MajinkenSword

MajinkenSword

Nov 2, 2008
It doesn't show any error just doesn't install?

P.S another xda member was unable to install the packages, he was trying to go to emui 9 from 10 I guess, what he did was first upgrading to latest version of 10 then he was able to proceed with the rollback.

Maybe try first going to latest version of emui 9.0 if you're not already on the latest?
Weird... I tried installing the latest EMUI 9.0.0.293 as well as 91 and 10; I am using HiSuite 11 with HiProxy if it helps any.

I followed the steps, it downloads, updates and reboots my phone but version still says 9.0.0.251... may be I need to rollback versions? Or should I try HiSuite 10?

Just to say thank you again, just because now i can confirm update ota works!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505_234251_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505_234251_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20210505_234304_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505_234304_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: IProfessor

MajinkenSword

Nov 2, 2008
You can use rom of another region BUT you may be stock at EMUI 11 forever....
Because hisuite 11 checks if your phone is modified and if it is, it doesn't show you the ota update....
My phone is originally from c636 but changed it to c432 when I rooted it way back then... is it still possible to use your tool?

I am reviewing your thread and making sure everything is in order.

Weird... I tried installing the latest EMUI 9.0.0.293 as well as 91 and 10; I am using HiSuite 11 with HiProxy if it helps any.

I followed the steps, it downloads, updates and reboots my phone but version still says 9.0.0.251... may be I need to rollback versions? Or should I try HiSuite 10?
It should be fine with both HiSuite 10 and 11, but I'd personally prefer 10

Anyway, after your phone reboots, it's supposed to start the installation process inside the phone, you could view HiSuite log which can be found at:

"C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\HiSuite\logs\systemupdate.log"

You might find useful information there

My phone is originally from c636 but changed it to c432 when I rooted it way back then... is it still possible to use your tool?

I am reviewing your thread and making sure everything is in order.
It depends, some phones got new method of authentication, so for them no the installation won't succeed unless they use HiSuite Proxy's Authentication bridge... ( I don't think P20 is one of them though )

You could check HiSuite's sytemupdate log, perhaps it would help with checking what's going wrong

Reactions: MajinkenSword

MajinkenSword

Nov 2, 2008
It should be fine with both HiSuite 10 and 11, but I'd personally prefer 10

Anyway, after your phone reboots, it's supposed to start the installation process inside the phone, you could view HiSuite log which can be found at:

"C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\HiSuite\logs\systemupdate.log"

You might find useful information there

It depends, some phones got new method of authentication, so for them no the installation won't succeed unless they use HiSuite Proxy's Authentication bridge... ( I don't think P20 is one of them though )

You could check HiSuite's sytemupdate log, perhaps it would help with checking what's going wrong
Would it be alright to message you directly to provide my logs? Not really sure on how to read them...

Mar 10, 2021
Hi everyone I just want to ask if someone in here know how to this guide, because it kinda complicated to me tnx in advance!
Capture.PNG

Hi everyone I just want to ask if someone in here know how to this guide, because it kinda complicated to me tnx in advance!View attachment 5306803
You could ask your exact question, like which part exactly you did not understand? You cannot find the HiSuiteConfig.xml file or you don't know how to modify it?
Or you don't know how to find a firmware?

Mar 10, 2021
You could ask your exact question, like which part exactly you did not understand? You cannot find the HiSuiteConfig.xml file or you don't know how to modify it?
Or you don't know how to find a firmware?
thank you for response, Im confused about how can I add my phone model (PRA-L22 - C636) into HiSuiteConfig.xml since almost written inside it is Chinese.

Its just this thing is complicated I dont know how to put my phone model on itView attachment 5306829
It's pretty simple look
PHP:
<rule type="PRA-TL10" cnName="荣耀8青春版(PRA-TL10)" enName="PRA-TL10" option="" ></rule>

We make ones similar to it:
PHP:
<rule type="PRA-L22" cnName="HUAWEI P8 Lite (PRA-L22)" enName="PRA-L22" option="" ></rule>

• Love
Reactions: Everywhere I go
Mar 10, 2021
It's pretty simple look
PHP:
<rule type="PRA-TL10" cnName="荣耀8青春版(PRA-TL10)" enName="PRA-TL10" option="" ></rule>

PHP:
<rule type="PRA-L22" cnName="HUAWEI P8 Lite (PRA-L22)" enName="PRA-L22" option="" ></rule>
[
[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple look
PHP:

PHP:
[/php
[QUOTE="IProfessor, post: 84999691, member: 8477970"]
It's pretty simple look
[php]

PHP:
Thank you so much. I thought I would be needed to find the chinese name of my phone or something. Now I manage to get into system recovery in hisuite. Tysm again!
[/QUOTE]

Mar 10, 2021
Sorry for bothering again but this time I manage to get in system recovery, but this new problem kick in. Whenever I getting to the point of installing recovery, I always get error like this. I guess I have no luck getting this phone work again.
Capture.PNG
22.PNG

The firmware you are using is incorrect, and you're using update to rescue, also you are not ticking "EMUi 8" in HiSuite proxy although you are using an emui 8 firmware.

You have to use this firmware, choose OS Type as Recovery OS, and tick the box "EMUI 8"

Also wait 10 minutes, I'll make a new release for hisuite proxy which is going to solve a bug you'll encounter.

• Love
Mar 10, 2021
Sire your such a good guy thanks to your help my phone back working again! I really do wanted to donate but I m a student and dont have bank account. Thank you so much again and God bless...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 35
Sire your such a good guy thanks to your help my phone back working again! I really do wanted to donate but I m a student and dont have bank account. Thank you so much again and God bless...
Mate! Being able to help people is honestly priceless! and your prayers are worthy of thousands of dollars :)
Congratulations, so happy to hear that it got fixed.

• Love

Top Liked Posts