Huawei Mate 20 pro Canadian discussion thread

Search This thread

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Same here...218 on Videotron. Something about song order and March security. BS...I was hoping for real fixes.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

does anyone know where i can find firmware for videotron??it is not on firmware finder...
its model lya-l0c
Are you trying to sideload it? Why? It will get pushed to you today or tomorrow.

rcyh

Sep 19, 2006
Vancouver
Hong Kong version with dual Bell and Fido SIM. Was on 183 for a long time and got the upgrade notice earlier the week. Now updated to 232.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

mickliq

Jan 4, 2008
Montreal
.218 arrived overnight. Unfortunately, it rebooted my phone and my alarm didn't go off!!! Thankfully was only 8 mins late waking up but have turned off the overnight option now!

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
April security patch scheduled on or after April 25 (from Robbers and Fido calendar).
Anxiously waiting for the EMUI 9.1 beta too and so we can get some meaningful update - but it will be a while. June?

Last edited:

kaibosh99

Mar 11, 2013
Same. And, aside from security patch, the only "upgrade" was to Huawei system music?? Who gives a **** about that?

To be fair, I think it is a poor translation. Not that it is any more exciting, but they 'normalized' all the system ring tones and such so that they aren't so damned quiet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Koodo, just got it.. Updates to .182 will download it once I'm back on WiFi. L0C model.

Edit: added English screenshots
    For those who need a screen protector in Canada. Highly recommend the Alinsea 3D tempered glass (UV light and separate glue method). It's full adhesive and fingerprint works with it.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07K3YZ2SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rvK7BbXJJDZ9V

Only drawback is that the default clear case that comes with the phone may cause the side of the screen protector to be lifted up. So yeah don't work well with the default clear case.
    I'm gonna switch topics in here from the past 10 pages of screen issues. I highly recommend using systemui tuner to clean up the status bar if you'd rather more room for notifications. For me I wanted to get rid of the alarm, Bluetooth and NFC icons because I don't need them persistently there. A reboot was required for them to take affect but now I'm happier with a cleaner look.

And on a side note I'm working on a theme but given I'm new to Huawei this will take me longer. Ive got the system partially inverted but still lots to do! Unfortunately there are zero these to my knowledge that fully work on emui 9 to tide me over so I gotta keep working and try to make something happen!
    Other great news! OEM unlock can now be enabled in dev options!

Also, a second face can be added to face unlock. The caption seem to indicate it should be a 2nd version of your own face and not someone else. This would help speed up face unlock. Haven't done it yet but feel like face unlock seems faster and more reliable since the update.

5x option is back in the camera zoom though I haven't played with it yet.
    One app that is much needed is the Huawei app gallery. Make sure you guys get that and change your location to something else. Can't use Canada or USA so I picked Hongkong. Anyway it updates the theme app and it's much better now. I think that is needed in order to apply full themes as well.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone