• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

huawei mate 20 X Bootloader

Search This thread

Steamer2499

Oct 27, 2012
Roanoke
Were you able to backup your stock recovery?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I didn't try to backup stock recovery and that was my bad. Phone is working fine, just stuck on TWRP boot screen in recovery and can't do anything there. Gonna just have to be patient and wait for the official TWRP for this device

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I need global rom on my AL00 chinese version thing is how will it handle the storage difference if we flash international rom on chinese since they have different storage solutions?

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
I need global rom on my AL00 chinese version thing is how will it handle the storage difference if we flash international rom on chinese since they have different storage solutions?
Are the partitions different? If so may be an issue for conversion to global jmnoobguess

AngelDeath

I could be wrong, but I cant see how any of the system partitions would be different where boot, recovery and system are. I already extracted the 3 update.app but cant find anything to extract the .img files. And consider this, The L29 and the AL00 6GB/128GB are the same phone, so the structure should be identical. So the 256GB version only is added storage space.

Here's the screenshot of the system structure if anyone cares.

Last edited:
Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Code:
I could be wrong, but I cant see how any of the system partitions would be different where boot, recovery and system are. I already extracted the 3 update.app but cant find anything to extract the .img files. And consider this, The L29 and the AL00 6GB/128GB are the same phone, so the structure should be identical. So the 256GB version only is added storage space.

Here's the screenshot of the system structure if anyone cares.

I asked/wondered if partitions were different between the L00 and L29 because the previous post said that the storage solutions are different ( post 31 unless he meant that the 256gb is not available for the L29)

someone needs to put up the breakdown of the L00 and compare the two

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
Code:

I asked/wondered if partitions were different between the L00 and L29 because the previous post said that the storage solutions are different ( post 31 unless he meant that the 256gb is not available for the L29)

If only AL00 firmware was available

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

AngelDeath

Code:

If I was to guess I think he is referring to the added 128GB in storage, I'm assuming he is wondering if you put the Global rom onto the Chinese 256GB is it going to see the added 128GB, because again as I said I speculate (Until the L00 ROM is available) that the structure should be the same, thats why once at least the AL00 128GB ROM comes available I would think it would be the same structure, and can be attempted to do an install to the same phone size before attempting to the 256GB phone, But the only way we would know that is by getting a custom TWRP for the 20x to attempt doing any cross install.

*EDIT*

Just found this, https://firmware.gem-flash.com/index.php?a=browse&b=category&id=26792
https://firmware.gem-flash.com/index.php?a=browse&b=category&id=26791

Trying to confirm its correct, and trying to find it without a pay site.

Last edited:

cloud1

Jul 2, 2007
I have the global version and its great. If the Chinese 256gb could be converted I would seriously consider getting it!

fatouraee

Oct 20, 2006
Boston
I dont think the 256 and 128 would have a different file system.

I have Xiaomi mi mix 128 and 256 and file system is same. I cant imagine Huawei making individual update firmwares for each storage option.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
If I was to guess I think he is referring to the added 128GB in storage, I'm assuming he is wondering if you put the Global rom onto the Chinese 256GB is it going to see the added 128GB, because again as I said I speculate (Until the L00 ROM is available) that the structure should be the same, thats why once at least the AL00 128GB ROM comes available I would think it would be the same structure, and can be attempted to do an install to the same phone size before attempting to the 256GB phone, But the only way we would know that is by getting a custom TWRP for the 20x to attempt doing any cross install.

*EDIT*

Just found this, https://firmware.gem-flash.com/index.php?a=browse&b=category&id=26792

Yes I had posted those links on another thread (so many multiple threads about similar topics already) I have used them before for another device-just feel they don't have small enough packages (would be a waste just for firmware just for study purposes) They had like 3 to 5 euros for 1 day access not there any longer

shollywood

Aug 5, 2008

*EDIT*

If it's correct, I'd pay the $8 to download it and share it out. Just don't see anything about build number 9.0.0.136?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts