Huawei Mate 20 X EVR-L29 where to buy in europe

Search This thread

@home

Feb 16, 2009
I have turned off the edge lighting. Set the time to start & stop so outta not on all night.

See how it goes.

Thanks for the link btw.

tk44uk

Aug 20, 2010
France
I looked on the Clove uk website, but they're asking €900 inc. VAT for the Huawei Mate 20 X , so that's €200 more than at T Dimension.com (DE)
Guess where I won't be shopping...

mimmog

Nov 5, 2007
I bought this smartphone from Amazon Spain. Many users have received the update to 9.0.0.172 already 7 days ago I still not... is normal?

rockfreak

Jan 18, 2010
Bought it from Clove UK, 2 days delivery, sealed with EU warranty by Huawei + M-PEN + Huawei Smart View Flip Cover.

Fast email replies and excellent service overall.

@home

Feb 16, 2009
Bought it from Clove UK, 2 days delivery, sealed with EU warranty by Huawei + M-PEN + Huawei Smart View Flip Cover.

Fast email replies and excellent service overall.

I used to buy from Clove many years ago. The warranty aspect of the Mate 20X from Clove is a winner. I got mine from Wonda mobile.

How are you liking the device?

Have you switched to nova or still using the default launcher?

rockfreak

Jan 18, 2010
I used to buy from Clove many years ago. The warranty aspect of the Mate 20X from Clove is a winner. I got mine from Wonda mobile.

How are you liking the device?

Have you switched to nova or still using the default launcher?

Device is nice, expected it to be a bit bigger but i was surprised to realise it's the exact same size with my old Xiaomi Mi MAX.

Lack of notification LED is a bummer but thankfully i am using it with a smart watch so i get all notifications on the watch.

Still using default launcher, but i have read it doesn't really play nice with other launchers.

Screen resolution is not enough and it shows, especially when viewing videos / photos.

M-Pen is a gimmick IMO compared to S-Pen. I was so addicted to S-Pen at one point i was thinking i would never buy any other smartphone, other than Note Series.

Overall impression is really good, but still i don't think it's worth the price. I just wanted a big phone with decent camera and that's the only one in the market right now, so no other options unfortunately.

Last edited:

BigDisplay

Oct 18, 2018
Bagsværd
Device is nice, expected it to be a bit bigger but i was surprised to realise it's the exact same size with my old Xiaomi Mi MAX.

Lack of notification LED is a bummer but thankfully i am using it with a smart watch so i get all notifications on the watch.

Still using default launcher, but i have read it doesn't really play nice with other launchers.

Screen resolution is not enough and it shows, especially when viewing videos / photos.

M-Pen is a gimmick IMO compared to S-Pen. I was so addicted to S-Pen at one point i was thinking i would never buy any other smartphone, other than Note Series.

Overall impression is really good, but still i don't think it's worth the price. I just wanted a big phone with decent camera and that's the only one in the market right now, so no other options unfortunately.
Errr i have only use Nova launcer on my m20x, i dont have problems at all, try give it a shot.

And do u really have the opinion this phone not is worth its price... Wooovvvv, a phone with nearly top specs overall for around 800$, this i cant find any where else... But okay.
Ya we all have different opinions for sure, but expensive hmmm.

https://www.t-dimension.com/de_de/catalogsearch/result/?q=Huawei+mate+20+x

Cheers mate [emoji1303]

Last edited:

rockfreak

Jan 18, 2010
Errr i have only use Nova launcer on my m20x, i dont have problems at all, try give it a shot.

And do u really have the opinion this phone not is worth its price... Wooovvvv, a phone with nearly top specs overall for around 800$, this i cant find any where else... But okay.

Cheers mate [emoji1303]

Will give nova a go for sure. Thanks.

I was so close buying from T-Dimension, but after reaching out to them and confirming that they open the boxes to "check" the phones, plus for any issues you have to ship phone to Hong Kong i pulled back.

Was thinking that for a phone that costs that much, i don't mind paying a bit more to have the EU warranty so went with Clove UK.

As for the price tag here's my opinion. Somehow Apple started the ultra expensive trend a few years back. A lot of manufacturers followed them.
Thankfully, there's a war at the mid-low range of the smartphone market and today you can get very good phones with less than $600.

With this in mind you can buy an Mi MIX 3 for example, for less than $600, with top of the line specs and very good camera experience. Same goes for OnePlus 6T, Mi 8 and so on.

For a $800 phone i am expecting top of the line specs in every aspect i.e screen, camera, battery, sound etc. (instead of "forcing" consumers to pay another $100-200 to get the "top" of the line device).
From my usage so far, Mate 20 X falls short in screen resolution and video recording (4K video is a complete mess) but excels in others photos, battery, sound.
Still can't figure it out how Huawei messes up so bad with video recording in 2018. I mean phones that half the price, record way better video.

The above two shortcomings were not that important to me but for some could be deal breakers and they should come as standard for a phone of this price range. Don't you agree?

Don't get me wrong, overall i think it's a pretty good device, but for the price i expected a bit more compared to the mid-range devices available today.

Last edited:

@home

Feb 16, 2009

Nova works a teat on the 20X.

The M-Pen is actually not bad when you have a play with it, It does a lot on what the S-Pen does, It's not as good but does a lot, Smart select & Screen Write are a few.

The lack of notifications is the biggest grip & the AOD is a joke, clock & date that's it.

I did try some 3rd party AOD apps but they have too many quirks.

If anyone knows a good one, let me know.

Overall the 20X is a nice phone. I did have the 20 Pro & the green display problem so I jumped ship to the 20X & not looked back.

rockfreak

Jan 18, 2010
The M-Pen is actually not bad when you have a play with it, It does a lot on what the S-Pen does, It's not as good but does a lot, Smart select & Screen Write are a few.

Don't think there's Smart Select (select part of the screen along with it's content - links etc).
Screen write --> You have to take a screenshot, then edit it and add some written content on it which is way more time consuming than S-Pen's approach (Select Screen write --> auto screenshot --> write on it).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers mate [emoji1303]

Will give nova a go for sure. Thanks.

I was so close buying from T-Dimension, but after reaching out to them and confirming that they open the boxes to "check" the phones, plus for any issues you have to ship phone to Hong Kong i pulled back.

Was thinking that for a phone that costs that much, i don't mind paying a bit more to have the EU warranty so went with Clove UK.

As for the price tag here's my opinion. Somehow Apple started the ultra expensive trend a few years back. A lot of manufacturers followed them.
    Thankfully, there's a war at the mid-low range of the smartphone market and today you can get very good phones with less than $600.

With this in mind you can buy an Mi MIX 3 for example, for less than $600, with top of the line specs and very good camera experience. Same goes for OnePlus 6T, Mi 8 and so on.

For a $800 phone i am expecting top of the line specs in every aspect i.e screen, camera, battery, sound etc. (instead of "forcing" consumers to pay another $100-200 to get the "top" of the line device).
    From my usage so far, Mate 20 X falls short in screen resolution and video recording (4K video is a complete mess) but excels in others photos, battery, sound.
    Still can't figure it out how Huawei messes up so bad with video recording in 2018. I mean phones that half the price, record way better video.

The above two shortcomings were not that important to me but for some could be deal breakers and they should come as standard for a phone of this price range. Don't you agree?

Don't get me wrong, overall i think it's a pretty good device, but for the price i expected a bit more compared to the mid-range devices available today.
    Arrived today, no VAT, looks amazing. :D
    Con grats [emoji1303]
    Look my DHL tracking. I order the phone the 13th and will get it the 18th, thats really quick, 5 days and minus saturday and sunday, so 3 days wauvv amazing.
    I will buy from T-dimension again for sure.
    Fast delivery, 1 year warranty and a nice low price [emoji3] Screenshot_20181217-181102.jpeg
    Amazon.es is selling it too.
    I ordered from DE site and i live in Italy. Trustpilot is full of t-dimension positive review....that's why I dared buying from them. Anyway, I guess the more you get close to Xmas the more time it'll them for them to work your order. As for any other shop as well of course. Just keep it in mind. Good luck. [emoji12]
    I saw it fews days ago, but cant find much of them on trustpilot etc etc, so im not sure i have the nerves.
    Where do u live and which country do u order from?

Inviato dal mio EVR-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone