• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei Mate S Firmware CRR-L09C432B361 [MM][EMUI4.0.1][OTA]

Search This thread

simes6600

Oct 22, 2011
I resolved this problem with factory reset.

i thought this issue might have been caused by dirty flashing B321 over B145, so i did a clean install of B321 with a factory reset, and the problem still remains, "none" is greyed out in settings>screen lock and passwords after setting fingerprint lock. i then upgraded to B361, still no fix.

this seems to be a fairly common problem on various android platforms, but there is usually a fix that works, like clearing certificates etc. have googled and tried every trick in the book and nothing works, except reverting back to a nandroid backup.

EDIT: came across this post on the Mate 8 forum. a solution!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66585683&postcount=12

Last edited:

sebastassara

Nov 11, 2015
Lima
I have a problem after update to B361, I can't use somes apks with my internet data (only with Wifi) like Youtube, Pokemon Go, Snapchat.
I checked and every app have all the permissions (incluyed internet data permissions) so I don't know what to do.

Any help?

SamBurger

Jul 20, 2013
i thought this issue might have been caused by dirty flashing B321 over B145, so i did a clean install of B321 with a factory reset, and the problem still remains, "none" is greyed out in settings>screen lock and passwords after setting fingerprint lock. i then upgraded to B361, still no fix.

this seems to be a fairly common problem on various android platforms, but there is usually a fix that works, like clearing certificates etc. have googled and tried every trick in the book and nothing works, except reverting back to a nandroid backup.

EDIT: came across this post on the Mate 8 forum. a solution!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66585683&postcount=12

It solved my issue too. it works and the issue didn't come back so far

Marloncr26

Feb 24, 2015
Heredia
You are right, I'm in C900B321....so what can we do now?

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

yes, but i realized that I'm in C900B321 and not C432B321.

Some know's what can i do to upgrade?
Hello sebastassara, I had the same issue as you. When I updated my cellphone from android 5 to 6 my phone shows as C900B321, instead of C431B321.
To fix this, I did what fbsfelony, and also with Ricky suggestion, I modified my vendor/region, and the steps to do it is modifying the OEM file.
To do this you will need to be root, you only have to do it one time and you are not going to face any issue so far.
Just in case you are interested to do it just follow these steps.
1. Root your phone. (There is a great tutorial do it by EloyGomez (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45pYB3cnLU)
2. OEM tool.exe (Google it, or sent me a pvt message to upload for you)
3. Extract the OEM file from your phone
a. Install ES File Explores (Use only this one) and enable root, for that go to left side menu, tools and down where says Root Explorer, activate.
b. Go to this path, Device / dev / block / platform / hi_mci.0 / by-nam
c. Copy the OEM file from above and past in the ext sd card. (DO NOT CHANGE OR TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE, AND NO DELETE THE FILE.)
d. Once the file is on your ext Sd Card, let the name as it is, and add .img
e. Transfer that file to the laptop or pc
f. Paste the file in the same folder you have the OEM tool, and open it
g. Change the vendor/region a hw/eu
h. Save the file
i. And take that file and paste in your mobile in the same path from before…
j. Restart and that’s it. (Enjoy)
4. Important, I am not responsible if you brick your phone, or something bad happen, I did it in this way and helps at 100%.
After this I did a factory reset of my phone, and I received the latest update to B361 from EMUI updater.

Reactions: pittrich67

sebastassara

Nov 11, 2015
Lima
Hello sebastassara, I had the same issue as you. When I updated my cellphone from android 5 to 6 my phone shows as C900B321, instead of C431B321.
To fix this, I did what fbsfelony, and also with Ricky suggestion, I modified my vendor/region, and the steps to do it is modifying the OEM file.
To do this you will need to be root, you only have to do it one time and you are not going to face any issue so far.
1. Root your phone. (There is a great tutorial do it by EloyGomez (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45pYB3cnLU)
a. Install ES File Explores (Use only this one) and enable root, for that go to left side menu, tools and down where says Root Explorer, activate.
c. Copy the OEM file from above and past in the ext sd card. (DO NOT CHANGE OR TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE, AND NO DELETE THE FILE.)
h. Save the file
4. Important, I am not responsible if you brick your phone, or something bad happen, I did it in this way and helps at 100%.
After this I did a factory reset of my phone, and I received the latest update to B361 from EMUI updater.

Gracias, logré cambiarlo ya hace varias semanas con los mismos pasos que me indicas me guíe de un tutorial alemán. De igual manera muchas gracias!

Kirpman

Jan 17, 2011
Tallinn
h. Save the file

Hi. I just got my Mate S. I have a CRR-L09C432B361 build. does this rooting methos work with this model also...I only want to root because there is so much bloatware on this phone and I want to get rid of it.

Thanks.

dai75

Feb 26, 2007
Seems quite easy but I don't achieve to get this oem tool.exe. how did you get the oem file?

Sent from my CRR-L09 using XDA Free mobile app

Marloncr26

Feb 24, 2015
Heredia
I Google it and was there.

Enviado do meu CRR-L09 através de Tapatalk
Hello... Use mine bro, Ricky shared with me because it was difficult to find. I uploaded to my mega account

https://mega.nz/#!ZJ0lSSyI

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

@Marloncr26 so we need twrp first of all?

To root the phone u need TWPR, without that is not possible

migueli2

Jun 10, 2007
Porto
Motorola Edge
Hello... Use mine bro, Ricky shared with me because it was difficult to find. I uploaded to my mega account

https://mega.nz/#!ZJ0lSSyI

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

To root the phone u need TWPR, without that is not possible
That file from Mega is asking key.
Which twrp did you installed?

Thanks.

migueli2

Jun 10, 2007
Porto
Motorola Edge
All done after all.
Awesome improvements, better ram managment ultra fluid, etc.

The only thing not working for me is Huawei ID login so I cant download themes or anything related woth Huawei ID services.

Anyone else with this error?

Last edited:

migueli2

Jun 10, 2007
Porto
Motorola Edge
I did it!

104a132625a0463a1da6c6aad872884a.jpg

Enviado do meu HUAWEI CRR-L09 através de Tapatalk

iPaul1z3r

Aug 8, 2016
I recently tried to Install the update starting from b177 and everything goes stuck on boot logo ... fortunately I managed to boot it up again but there is no way to update the phone...someone so cheerful to help me?
I also tried to root it but at the point of flashing the recovery everything again stops on Huawei logo

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using XDA-Developers mobile app

migueli2

Jun 10, 2007
Porto
Motorola Edge
I recently tried to Install the update starting from b177 and everything goes stuck on boot logo ... fortunately I managed to boot it up again but there is no way to update the phone...someone so cheerful to help me?
I also tried to root it but at the point of flashing the recovery everything again stops on Huawei logo

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using XDA-Developers mobile app
You didn't flash TWRP then.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI CRR-L09 através de Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei-Mate-S-B361-EMUI-4.0.1.jpg

Rollout of CRR-L09C432B361 startet yesterday.

Huawei-Mate-S-B361-Changelog.jpg

Some Bugfixes, Update EMUI from 4.0 to 4.0.1 and latest Google Security Patches.

Download of OTA available via source: http://www.huaweiblog.de/downloads/huawei-mate-s-b361-firmware-update-ota-download/

Nice to see, Huawei still optimizing their firmwares. After all the buggy ones, this seems to be stable and fast.
    @Feroztex
    I did a rollback to B145 because the HiCare App under B321 said the B361 update is available, but the updater had no B361.

After the rollback I installed OTA B177 and then got immediately the B361 Update. So I think you can install it over B177.
    I'm in B321 but when i want to upgrade for "*#*#2846579#*#*" it says that it's not archives in dload...and it is (update.zip), i tried upgrade for direct access (Volumen UP + Volumen DOWN + Power Button) but it says that upgrade failed!. Help please :S
    Same problem here. Currently CRR-L09C432B321 version, not rooted device, and not a company device. :crying:

I've tried these different methods to upgrade:

*#*#2846579#*#*
    Installs, but nothing happened. (Updates really fast, so, I think that it is doing nothing and just skips the update).

Volumen UP + Volumen DOWN + Power Button

Upgrade crashes at 5%.

MyCare
    No updates available.

Maybe I am doing some step wrong? :rolleyes: I just format an micro sd card, create a folder named dload/ on root and paste the "update.zip" inside of it.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

EDIT: Deleted
    Can´t get OTA B361 ??

B321 to B361 the way for me
    Starting situation: Mate S B321 rooted.

Rollback B321 to B300
    B300 to B145(full)
    OTA B177
    B177 to B361: update.zip in dload (intern memory) and now make a lokal Update from EMUI 3.0
    have fun with B361

download:
    update.zip: h-t-t-p-s-:-/-/-m-e-g-a-.-n-z-/#!aV1xxSqS!n3Z1IjdHQ6OWRcdl_qJvR63siDb7-kAyGYGSATd8WxU
    pls remove the first 15 "-"