Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Search This thread

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
whoaah thanks daisun...
yeah.. there's no maps.. :(
btw.. anyone got a problem with galery could't open? it said there's no external drive?

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
The ICS ROM released today doesn't have gapps, and even after installing them from here its not complete. To install the gapps you need to have root which can be achieved by following zombolo's post which I will reproduce below

Now unzip the gapps file, and copy the 'app' folder found inside 'system', and paste this 'app' folder into the sd card or internal storage of the Mediapad.

Here's the gapps provided by zombolo again:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip

Now if you followed zombolo's instructions you should have root. Use Root Explorer, or any Android file browser that can access the system folder, copy the contents of the 'app' folder and paste it into 'system/app/' found on the internal storage of the Mediapad.

Restart the tablet. You should now have all the google apps, including market and gmail etc.

However, what I've found is that the tablet isn't recognised correctly as an ICS device. Some apps don't show up in the market, such as Google Maps and also Chrome Beta says it's not an ICS device.

I hope brainmaster (or anyone else) will be able to make a rom or some instructions on how to get a fully functional version with gapps soon!

i make this, but i have no android market :/ anybody with this problem? any solutions?

daisun

Mar 16, 2010
You've probably tried this but, have you restarted the tablet? When you go into the app tray you should see 'shop' in the top right corner.

Also, note that Android Market got updated today and got renamed to Play Store.

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
I have the same problem. A step-by-step instruction would be nice.
Restarted the tablet (MHP) many times - no Shop, no Play Store.

you must have rooted device & and you must install Gapps (post from daisun)
and if this not help you, try manualy run installation from gaaps /system/app/Vending.app & restart tablet, this step is working on my mediapad

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Don't forget - if you're going to paste a bunch of apps into /system/app, then you need to set the file permissions properly! Otherwise they won't be correctly recognized.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
Don't forget - if you're going to paste a bunch of apps into /system/app, then you need to set the file permissions properly! Otherwise they won't be correctly recognized.

Correct,

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/huawei-mediapad/121430-ics-4-0-3-ufficiale-link-nel-pomeriggio-7.html

set permission and reboot.

My market got updated today so its working, also replaced gmail.apk with a patched one working with other widgets.

No Norwegian in this rom so market is in English.

Also cant seem to access the network settings as WCDMA (preferred).

Ive read its Dial *#*#4636#*#* but thats not working.

Last edited:

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
Hmm nobody seems to have the problem with gallery said : no external card detected" then closing it self after i pressed cancel...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

wixxxxxer

Jan 21, 2009
Hmm looks like a lot of people cant wait for an official update. ;-)

How does this "beta" perform in regards of:
a) stability
b) battery life
c) performance (i.e. Benchmark results)
compared to the latest Honey comb version?
Is it worth the update procedure?

regards

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Correect,

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/hu...cs-4-0-3-ufficiale-link-nel-pomeriggio-7.html

set permission and reboot.

My market got updated today so its working, also replaced gmail.apk with a patched one working with other widgets.

No Norwegian in this rom so market is in English.

Also cant seem to access the network settings as WCDMA (preferred).

Ive read its Dial *#*#4636#*#* but thats not working.

To reach that menu, try downloading AnyCut from the Market (sorry, from Play :p) and use it to create a shortcut to the activity listed as Testing.

Reactions: mangoman

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
My root-ready version: http://depositfiles.com/files/j82lp6ggi

Install the rom as usual.
Copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot.

You are now root. Enjoy!

Where are "usual" installation instructions? I've been following this thread for a long time now and have read everything as it comes up. There's alot of difference posts with various instructions. If someone would be kind enough to just post instructions and links together it would help alot of people.

(holds up shield... know how XDA can be)

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
To reach that menu, try downloading AnyCut from the Market (sorry, from Play :p) and use it to create a shortcut to the activity listed as Testing.

Thanks, anycut got me to that menu.
- Another change from previous beta, im pretty sure it was available in options.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .....S7-301uV100R002C002B010SP3_root....
    What are the real resolution of the 2?

libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
    some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
    Code:
    /cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
    and reboot.
    hey,

We are working on Clockwork Recovery at "android-hilfe.de".

Right now it s a beta version with some bugs.

i am able to make a backup. but at this time i cant flash it back.

also i compiled the 3.0.8 Kernel to CM9. more results the next days.

perhaps a download for the Clockwork Recovery.
    If someone wants to try out the new ICS Preview, i've created 2 mirrors for dowloading :)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Install as usual.

After installing the rom you can root: copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot and you are ready!

To shutdown the Mediapad keep pressing power button, otherwise through the menu it will go in deep sleep only.
    A root-ready version will arrive in about 3 hours (sorry, my uplod speed is weak, 30/kbs)