Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Search This thread

Raichean

May 17, 2008
I am really hoping for a solid ICS image from the vendor directly? I am reading off of the TMO forums that there are no plans for ICS which really sucks. I would be happy to work out a generic vendor ICS build plus it would drop the TMO bloatware anyway.

I am reading off of this thread folks are already running it? Running a beta or full retail build? I also see there is a firmware download from Huawei from back in January.. what happens if we run this against the TMO version?

Really not excited to blow my tablet up, but would LOVE to see some of the anecdotal benefits I read here, like faster response, better touch screen sensitivity etc etc.

So.. with that said, I am a complete NOOOOOB for Droids and need hand holding! What is GAPP? What are the missing bits? I need handholding on this, assuming that that a retail huawei release of ICS isn't just plug n play.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I am assuming I should probably run the update if possible? Ver on my springboard says

Build - S7-303uV100R001C201B027

The latest file coming down off of Huawei directly (and slowly) says

File name - S7-301u C232B016..

so this appears it MIGHT be a later build (232b16) but is the 301/303 for device? Any suggestions or just not worry and hold off for a possible ICS build here soon?

zombolo

Mar 6, 2009
Where are "usual" installation instructions? I've been following this thread for a long time now and have read everything as it comes up. There's alot of difference posts with various instructions. If someone would be kind enough to just post instructions and links together it would help alot of people.

(holds up shield... know how XDA can be)

Copy dload folder to the microsd. Reboot.
Follow instructions on screen.

Raichean

May 17, 2008
Copy dload folder to the microsd. Reboot.
Follow instructions on screen.

The mediapad image you can get from huawei directly, an update from Jan, has a good doc included including screenshots of how to do the SDcard upgrade which helps for crispy noobs like me. 8)

Now just waiting to hear what I should flash onto the device! I could also use links and info if or when new data is out there?

Thanks again!

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
Has anyone spefically installed this lastest update + root + gapps on Springboard and had perfectly clean results, or are all these past posts mediapad? Just trying to make sure before I accidentally brick this thing or lose network or something and can't restore a backup.

Raichean

May 17, 2008
Has anyone spefically installed this lastest update + root + gapps on Springboard and had perfectly clean results, or are all these past posts mediapad? Just trying to make sure before I accidentally brick this thing or lose network or something and can't restore a backup.

EXACTLY what I am waiting to hear as well..

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
I have spoken to the Forum Admin svetius, we are getting today a new Forum for our MediaPad.

this is excellent news!

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

after updating to last ics build (root) is my mediapad random restarting, have this symptoms anybody next?

i've just updated my MediaPad without any problems or restarts.. post your full update procedure, maybe you did something wrong..

i'm now going to try the root and the gapps, posted by zombolo (sanixupdate) so i would be able to make a titanium backup restore from the old (b01) ics version.. i will post my findings..

btw. zdravim zo slovenska ;)

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
I have to confirm that wifi drivers are bugged in this version. If you try to disable and re-enable them a few time during your session, the tablet will crash and reboots.

yes, this can be..because restarts starts if a changed setting in advanced wifi settings "keep wifi on during sleep" from always to never, btw tiez zdravim :)

yes, this can be..because restarts starts if a changed setting in advanced wifi settings "keep wifi on during sleep" from always to never, btw tiez zdravim :)

Yeah the wifi is bugged in the ICS V2 build, I downloaded an app call "wifi fixer" though and it will reconnect me everytime I loose connection.

Sorry just caught up, guess we are on V3, downloading now for my Springboard/Mediapad and Ill let those Springpad people know if I still have data.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .....S7-301uV100R002C002B010SP3_root....
    What are the real resolution of the 2?

libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
    some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
    Code:
    /cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
    and reboot.
    hey,

We are working on Clockwork Recovery at "android-hilfe.de".

Right now it s a beta version with some bugs.

i am able to make a backup. but at this time i cant flash it back.

also i compiled the 3.0.8 Kernel to CM9. more results the next days.

perhaps a download for the Clockwork Recovery.
    If someone wants to try out the new ICS Preview, i've created 2 mirrors for dowloading :)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Install as usual.

After installing the rom you can root: copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot and you are ready!

To shutdown the Mediapad keep pressing power button, otherwise through the menu it will go in deep sleep only.
    A root-ready version will arrive in about 3 hours (sorry, my uplod speed is weak, 30/kbs)