Huawei Mediapad / T-Mobile Springboard Discussion

Search This thread

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
€dit: @Klacik
Sygic just works fine :)

it works for me now.. i "overoptimised" my mediapad :p
titanium backup have a fuction to freeze/disable any application or system module, that is installed.. i do this every time to speed up the device, and to prevent unnecessary apps from starting when i don't need them (try to start an app like taskmanager and you'll see what i'm talking about ;) )
unfortunatelly i've disabled/freezed a module that the navigation used and that's why all of those apps i've tried failed..

anyway, thanks for the info :)

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

If you wipe from the bootloader, it zaps the internal storage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

you're talking about the beta version of CWM for mediapad?
i don't know of any other option to go to bootloader on mediapad..

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
you're talking about the beta version of CWM for mediapad?
i don't know of any other option to go to bootloader on mediapad..

CWM is a custom recovery. The bootloader is fastboot (the mode you boot it into in order to flash CWM for the first time).

But I was actually thinking of the Galaxy Nexus when I posted that here. Oops. On that device if you wipe data or reflash userdata.img from fastboot, it blanks the internal storage. Don't know if Mediapad does the same.

mangoman

Dec 20, 2006
Still have problem with latest ics switching from Edge to 3G\H. So simplest solution is to make a shortcut with any cut to information about tablet then just toggle from wcdma preferred to wcdma only and back.

santomarco

Mar 28, 2012
Good Afternoon!
I'm new, and I don't know if is the right place to ask for advice to (for?) my choice!

I want to buy a new tablet!
I want a 7" tablet => for anime (mkv/mp4 720p) and read manga scans!

I found (in italy) two 7 inch tablet (huawei mediapad and galaxy tab 7+ => no acer icona a100 => I hate tegra 2 ), at the same price (350 mediapad => 360 galaxy).

In your opinion, what is the best choice? Mediapad or gt 7+?

Thanks!

Nutsonfire

Jun 13, 2010
Nyon
Good Afternoon!
I'm new, and I don't know if is the right place to ask for advice to (for?) my choice!

I found (in italy) two 7 inch tablet (huawei mediapad and galaxy tab 7+ => no acer icona a100 => I hate tegra 2 ), at the same price (350 mediapad => 360 galaxy).

Thanks!

Ciao, if you check on the Androidiani Italian forum in the Huawei Mediapad there is plenty of info. Some guys bought the 7+ but went back to the Mediapad.
Till now Mediapad reads every video, even 1080p mkv, ICS is also available even if still beta. The only real downsides for me is the battery life which is not very good and the tablet is a little heavy.

sclavux

Mar 7, 2009
hello ladies and gentlemens :) i am using last ics rom B008 (rooted version from Zombolo's post) but i not have rw permissions to / mediapad's root directory, (i need instal gallerygoogle.apk app original from gapps pack) i've readonly acces..., i'm alone with this problem with this rom? thanks for any answer :) can help "reinstall" rom?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

hello ladies and gentlemens :) i am using last ics rom B008 (rooted version from Zombolo's post) but i not have rw permissions to / mediapad's root directory, (i need instal gallerygoogle.apk app original from gapps pack) i've readonly acces..., i'm alone with this problem with this rom? thanks for any answer :) can help "reinstall" rom?
i forgot...android is linux..so this helps:
- install any ssh/bash to mediapad
- connect from pc over ssh or direct from any bash on mediapad
- su
- mount -rw -o remount /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
- copy & reboot

From the german MediaPad forum....

Re: ICS International Version - V100R002C002B008
Welcome to "kindle":

Source: xda-developers - View Single Post - apps and features not working with the unofficial ICS 4.0.3 update
Amazon Kindle (v3.3 and up) not working: all books content (text & graphic) is blank.
(It's working on this prior ICS beta leak)

Now using old v3.2 and working well (but of course, is less pretty font and no PDF support).

Kindle in version 3.2.0.35 works.
Attached Files Kindle_v3.2.0.35.apk (3.52 MB, 22 views)

also looked on the internet, and many other devices seems to have problems with different versions of Kindle, so it may not even be a problem of the beta ICS for MediaPad..

If it is the same issue as 006 then the books are not actually blank, you can highlight the text in the book, you just can not read it. I am currently trying to get a hold of Amazon and make them aware of the issue. They are just a pain in the ass to get a hold of, I hope somebody there will look up and notice this is an issue. PDF readers work right?

Xermalk

Feb 12, 2010
Good Afternoon!

Thanks!

Beware, Anime tends to use wierd/over the top encoding settings that requires more processing power then ussual. All in the pursuit of saving file size or maximizing quality when playing back on pc.

I regularly have to reencode videos for my mediapad for it not to stutter playing anime.

Also note that there isn't a tablet on the market currently that can handle hi10p playback.

gideonrs

Jan 31, 2011
If it is the same issue as 006 then the books are not actually blank, you can highlight the text in the book, you just can not read it. I am currently trying to get a hold of Amazon and make them aware of the issue. They are just a pain in the ass to get a hold of, I hope somebody there will look up and notice this is an issue. PDF readers work right?

confirmed.. latest ICS still can't render Kindle books content.

but now it's not just Kindle, newest Opera Mini (v 7) suffer same issue.
under OperaMini 7 notes: now they use OPENGLES acceleration..

wonder if this is the issue? maybe Kindle 3.3 & up use OPENGLES acceleration too?
and AFAIK (CMIIW), Mediapad ICS still have some issue regarding Graphic drivers. Am I right? If so, this might be the problem.. (not Kindle nor Opera fault) :) ..

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
Last edited:

santomarco

Mar 28, 2012
Ciao, if you check on the Androidiani Italian forum in the Huawei Mediapad there is plenty of info. Some guys bought the 7+ but went back to the Mediapad.
Till now Mediapad reads every video, even 1080p mkv, ICS is also available even if still beta. The only real downsides for me is the battery life which is not very good and the tablet is a little heavy.

thanks, is the micro usb otg?

But ICS is an OFFICIAL beta or a cooked rom?

Beware, Anime tends to use wierd/over the top encoding settings that requires more processing power then ussual. All in the pursuit of saving file size or maximizing quality when playing back on pc.

I regularly have to reencode videos for my mediapad for it not to stutter playing anime.

Also note that there isn't a tablet on the market currently that can handle hi10p playback.

Thanks,
I know the problem with 10bit codec... => but I usually use the classic mp4 video (no hi10p!!)

** can I charge the tablet using the micro usb connector?

Thanks!

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
Installing update

How do you go about installing the update? I see that several have upgraded to this latest version so how did you do it? I have no desire to turn my tab into a expensive paperweight but I do want to install this update just not sure of the steps. Thanks

v35lee

Mar 29, 2010
I created a folder 'dload' and put the 2 files from zombolo post 879 in it. Then update as before - put on root of micro SD card and reboot, etc. It will be rooted after the install - no need for sanixupdate like the previous version.

I had some troubles on my first try at it. 2nd time I restored to factory first and then installed. Don't touch anything until it goes through the complete cycle and re-starts, even though it is prompting you to log in to Google, connect to wireless, etc.

BTW - thanks again zombolo!

Last edited:
Reactions: rkwhyte2

cosmique

Oct 30, 2009
Berlin
So when I unzip this I get one file and one directory called update. How do I apply the update through the bootloader? Also if that is the case do I use the directory with the file or just the directory and where do I put it on the internal memory or on my external memory? Thanks for all you are doing.

Create a folder, and name it dload, on the sdcard.

Unzip the download files and move them into the dload folder on the sdcard.

Turn MediaPad off. Turn it on, and by pressing power and volume key. The MediaPad will find the dload folder and process the ICS update.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI MediaPad mit Tapatalk

enacu

Jul 17, 2010
Moscow
sites.google.com
Quick tip for those who doesn't like both high and low resolution.
Set lcd_density to value 192. It's something in middle

You can use, for example, app called "LCD Resolution". It's free and works good for our Huawei Mediapad. Tested on the latest ICS

WARNING
Don't use default launcher. It FC's when I use this density. Apex Launcher works very good. (the only setting I changed was grid size. 6x6 for me)

Reactions: cosmique

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    .....S7-301uV100R002C002B010SP3_root....
    What are the real resolution of the 2?

libjnigraphics.so from Aldiko is broken.
    some applications are now working correctly after uninstall Aldiko and libraries

try remove
    Code:
    /cust/hw/normal/delapp/Aldiko.apk
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libjnigraphics.so
    /cust/hw/normal/lib/libreader.so
    and reboot.
    hey,

We are working on Clockwork Recovery at "android-hilfe.de".

Right now it s a beta version with some bugs.

i am able to make a backup. but at this time i cant flash it back.

also i compiled the 3.0.8 Kernel to CM9. more results the next days.

perhaps a download for the Clockwork Recovery.
    If someone wants to try out the new ICS Preview, i've created 2 mirrors for dowloading :)

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Root-ready international version: http://depositfiles.com/files/9f8mfimjz

Install as usual.

After installing the rom you can root: copy sanixupdate folder to the root memory of the tablet (not in the microsd). Reboot and you are ready!

To shutdown the Mediapad keep pressing power button, otherwise through the menu it will go in deep sleep only.
    A root-ready version will arrive in about 3 hours (sorry, my uplod speed is weak, 30/kbs)