• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Huawei MediaPad T3 10 (AGS-W09 & AGS-L09)

Search This thread

futurestar10

Mar 3, 2019
After reading 19 pages I realised I should have bought a new tablet instead of replacing screen :/ But since I have already spent 90 euros on that, would unlocking bootloader and rooting the device help at all?
The only way it helps is that you get root. If you want to run apps that require root previlages you can root. Although unlocking the bootloader is a big hassle. Next thing you can do after root is use xposed, but there's not really much xposed modules that work on this device.

I'd say don't unlock/root unless you really want to, there's not much advantage of doing it really.

Reactions: lux aeterna

lux aeterna

May 11, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
The only way it helps is that you get root. If you want to run apps that require root previlages you can root. Although unlocking the bootloader is a big hassle. Next thing you can do after root is use xposed, but there's not really much xposed modules that work on this device.

I'd say don't unlock/root unless you really want to, there's not much advantage of doing it really.
What I really wanted is to get rid of the useless apps and make it a bit more lightweight. I just use it for YouTube and apps like eBay, Amazon etc.

impreza233

Dec 28, 2011
I'm trying to install that AGS-W09 firmware on my tablet via the dload folder located on the SDUpdate.tar.gz that comes with it:

The manuals that are with the package states that AGSW09C100B285 version is fully compatible with the update, but, when I'm doing Force Download Mode (three button power-up) the update fails at 5% with the message "software install failed " and a hyperlink to "http www emui com emotiondownload php mod restore"

What could be the solution? I can unlock bootloader because I have the code, and I could open my tablet for an EDL restore. ¿What could be the board firmware files?

kozseb

Apr 27, 2015
i have problem:

C:\Users\kozlo\XMM3\adb>fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Sending 'recovery' (46704 KB) OKAY [ 1.472s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'Command not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed

gurpal2000

Dec 29, 2012
I'm trying to install that AGS-W09 firmware on my tablet via the dload folder located on the SDUpdate.tar.gz that comes with it:

The manuals that are with the package states that AGSW09C100B285 version is fully compatible with the update, but, when I'm doing Force Download Mode (three button power-up) the update fails at 5% with the message "software install failed " and a hyperlink to "http www emui com emotiondownload php mod restore"

What could be the solution? I can unlock bootloader because I have the code, and I could open my tablet for an EDL restore. ¿What could be the board firmware files?

hi did you manage to get this done eventually?

gurpal2000

Dec 29, 2012
Hello,

I read the thread with great interest because I also have two AGS-W09s:
- Android 7.0 / EMUI 5.1.3 - AGS-W09C100B278 firmware
- Android 8.0 / EMUI 8.0 - with AGS-W09_8.0.0.167C431 firmware (this was also originally Android 7, but the OTA updates will come it)

Of course, the goal was to refresh the Android 7 as well.

I spent a day reading through several major forums.
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to download from https://pro-teammt.ru or http://huawei-firmware.com/ ...
If these worked, I realized the problem sooner because I thought for a long time that the AGS-W09C100B285 could be upgraded to any Android 8 (I still haven't been able to get this C100B285 firmware, but I don't think so.)

I downloaded several Android 8 firmware, tried to install in several ways, but at 5% of the install process stopped.
I checked the firmwares and then I figured out what might be in the background. Each T3 is fitted with a Snapdragon 425, however, the older tablet is fitted with an 8940 and the newer is fitted with an 8917 chipset. Now almost sure there’s no way to upgrade because of this.

(Sorry my terrible english....)

Similar situation!! I have two of them one is v7 and other v8. Did you manage to get the v7 upgraded to v8 somehow ? I see another thread later where someone has extracted the v8 firmware. Could that be used on the v8? thanks

jpespectador

Jun 7, 2017
Hola a todos, ¿hay una imagen TWRP que funcione en esta pestaña? (modelo AGS-L03) ... ¡gracias a cualquiera que pueda señalarme uno!
Hola, estoy usando el traductor de Google, lo siento si me explico mal, acabo de desbloquear el gestor de arranque de mi huawei mediapad t3 10 AGS-L03, a través de Hcu, que puede obtener en la página de dcunloquer, ingresé mi nombre de usuario y contraseña , luego puse la tableta en modo factura "vea la captura de pantalla a continuación" verifique mi cuenta con 4 créditos, cada crédito vale 1 euro, use la opción para leer el código del cargador de arranque y listo, el código obtenido, luego puse la tableta en modo fastboot y listo (ok, recuerde que, en primer lugar, coloque la tableta en modo desarrollador, depuración usb activada y desbloqueo de oem)

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    77 KB · Views: 19

Traxes

Oct 4, 2021
So from what i have read here you can unlock the bootloader with DC Unlocker but i don't find the model number on the website supported list (AGS-W09). How did you guys purchase the code?

Edit: I managed to purchase the unlock code on DC Unlocker, Is it safe to install TWRP and Magisk after unlocking the bootloader? Is there anything that i need to be wary of? I ask becasue i see a lot of people with bootloop issues here and I'm not sure what is causing them. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts