Question Huawei Mediapad t3 7

Search This thread

mbates14

Oct 27, 2012
I would love to know if any progress has been made. I need TWRP and an AOSP ROM. I love the devices look and feel, and its bluetooth operability. but absolutely DESPISE the UI and how it operates.

Mercer99

Sep 6, 2017
Same here I got a new huawei t3 10" great tablet by the way but no way I can root it.. I've tried all the Internet suggested ways and nothing seem to work at all but I manage to get the Device ID typing a code in the dialer.

Mercer99

Sep 6, 2017
hi, are you able to make calls on your T3 10? If yes, can you let me know your firmware details, thanks
Hi there, about that yes I can make phone calls with it I bought the Model with the 4G option (there is 3 models from the same Huawei tablet one of them is WiFi only and the other two can make phone calls) also I managed to unlocked the bootloader by using the device ID I got earlier and Huawei website.
mine is AGS-L09 model

Last edited:

buddimanv

Apr 19, 2015
Thanks Mercer99, appreciate it (for your device security, can you remove the image as this has your IMEI)- we have the same model, but different firmware.

AGS-L09C199B002 is “Saudi Arabia Oman Kenya Cameroon Jordan Qatar Ghana Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1” region.

AGS-L09C127B031 is “Greece Hungary United Kingdom Nonspecific Android 7.0_EMUI” . The dialer/calling function is disabled on this firmware - confirmed on Vodafone and EE network.

Is there any way you can extract the OEMINFO from your device and share it with us. This should enable me to debrand the phone if I can find your firmware (downloaded EUROPEAN version with Firmware finder already – so really need an European OEMINFO).

My phone is still locked to Vodafone so I am not sure whether I can flash the firmware or even need root to flash a different OEMINFO (bootloader is unlocked already).

Last edited:

buddimanv

Apr 19, 2015
OEMinfo

Last time I did was with P9 Lite - changing from EE to European firmware using a tool (I think SRK Tool or “VNS-L21/22/23/31 [EU] Toolkit [0.0.0.12] All-in-One”) but it was rooted - seems like root is needed before anything. I think the process would be to change the firmware on tablet as well.....

I was hoping as bootloader is unlocked, we can retrieve OEMINFO from fastboot or something and debrand….would be good if anyone can clarify.

Last edited:

buddimanv

Apr 19, 2015
Possible Root Solution

Anyone prepared to test rooting method below?
How to install Magisk with ADB

How to install Magisk with ADB
Does not require the availability of custom recovery and root-access
1. Delete all other types of root-access and restore the partition image of the boot partition
2. Download Magisk v13.6 or later and download / unzip from the firmware partition image of the boot partition
3. Unpack the Magisk archive, put the boot image of the boot partition in the same folder, and rename it to boot.img
4. Rename the folder with the name corresponding to the architecture of your device (arm, arm64, chromeos, x64, x86), in magisk_inject
5. In the terminal, change the current directory to the folder with Magisk and run the following commands one at a time:
PHP:
 adb shell "rm -rf / data / local / tmp / *"
 adb push META-INF / com / google / android / update-binary common magisk_inject boot.img / data / local / tmp
 adb shell "cd / data / local / tmp / magisk_inject; mv ../common/*.; chmod 755 *; sh ../update-binary indep boot_patch.sh ../boot.img; mv ../bin/ busybox busybox "
 adb pull /data/local/tmp/magisk_inject/new-boot.img
 adb shell "cd / data / local / tmp; rm -rf * .img magisk_inject / *. img update-binary bin common"

6. To flash the resulting boot partition image with the name new-boot.img
PHP:
fastboot flash boot new-boot.img
7. Download the system and make sure that Magisk Manager is installed and that its version corresponds to the version of Magisk. If not, manually install the correct version of Magisk Manager.

or follow original post

Via Magisk Manager (Only support v14.0+):

This method does not need root, and also does not require a custom recovery.
However, you MUST have a stock boot image dump beforehand, and also be able to flash the patched boot image, either through fastboot/download mode or ODIN
Install the latest Magisk Manager
If you're planning to flash the patched boot image through ODIN, go to Settings > Update Settings > Patched Boot Output Format, and select .img.tar. For normal users leave it as the default .img
Press Install > Install > Patch Boot Image File, and select your stock boot image file
Magisk Manager will now patch your boot image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar]
Flash the patched boot image to your device and reboot. Voilà!

Check whether Magisk Manager is installed and the version matches the latest one in the OP
If for some reason Magisk Manager isn't installed/upgraded automatically, please install it manually

Bootloader can be unlocked easily of course (code is given immediately) - here

I am tempted but trying to control myself as I don't have a copy of my existing firmware to revert back via dload method if something goes wrong. However, AGS-L09C199B003 firmware is available, so if it fails, I believe you can always go back to stock. I have a feeling this will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: karmantyu

buddimanv

Apr 19, 2015
Took a risk and its rooted now - Magisk v14.0 installed fine and seems to be working (need to test further). Also, Vodafone unlocked the device now for me :)

Challenge now is to debrand so as to enable functions which has been disabled by Vodafone (namely calling).

Would appreciate if anyone can help - need OEMINFO from another region so as to change the firmware, especially European one or even other UK network who does not disable calling.

Last edited:
Reactions: bojan.1995

buddimanv

Apr 19, 2015
Could not contain myself…. In my quest to debrand so I can have a dialer/phone calling function, downloaded a firmware (either from FF Team or on the internet), tried flashing system.img file to see if it installs the dialer as it would not install extracted ones and it did not work. So tested with the boot.img and it did work but phone kept rebooting to eRecovery.

Restoring from TWRP (incomplete/untested) backup did not work. Can’t install any other regional firmware because of OEMINFO. eRecovery can’t find any firmware. The only thing – TWRP/Stock Recovery, eRecovery or bootloader!

Chatted with Huawei support and they won’t give me a link to download the firmware – want me to send for repair, which I don’t really want to – too much hassle and they may end up blaming me anyway….lol He agreed to upload one to their website if he can find one.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me an OEMINFO or link to EUROPEAN firmware with a dialer….. I think European one is AGS-L09C127B031CUSTC127D002 – would appreciate if anyone can share the file with me.

Last edited:
Hi there, about that yes I can make phone calls with it I bought the Model with the 4G option (there is 3 models from the same Huawei tablet one of them is WiFi only and the other two can make phone calls) also I managed to unlocked the bootloader by using the device ID I got earlier and Huawei website.
mine is AGS-L09 model

More details and links for the bootloader please, I really need a tutorial-thanks.

More details and links for the bootloader please, I really need a tutorial-thanks.

What a buncha bull**** the huawei site is. I got there and when I go to type the product id# in it brings up a calculator dialog with digits I don't even have on the calc.

Done with huawei. All night effing with this is enough. Won't deal with bizarre companies. I'll stick with my samsungs.

I tried... thanks for all of your responses.

Rich

Xpiatio

Jan 20, 2011
What a buncha bull**** the huawei site is. I got there and when I go to type the product id# in it brings up a calculator dialog with digits I don't even have on the calc.

Done with huawei. All night effing with this is enough. Won't deal with bizarre companies. I'll stick with my samsungs.

I tried... thanks for all of your responses.

Rich

I got stuck on the calculator part too. I didn't see the parenthesis buttons. But I turn the tablet on its sit. the view turned horizontal and i was able to see more buttons available. Horrible design for the calculator app.

parabool

Nov 9, 2017
Hi.
Did anyone succeed unlock Mediapad T3 7 bootloader ?
I have model BG2-W09 wifi only (European version). I have problem get product id
which is necessary part for bootloader unlock on Huawei site. Stucked to the calculator thing,
when i'll enter ()()1357946()()= on the calculator - i will get ERROR.
Contacted with the Huawei customer service for the help and got not nice answer:

We are unable to send boot loader code via email and can only be obtained through our website.
If you would want to unlock your phone, you should meet the following conditions:
1.Please register your Huawei ID in our official website on your phone.
2.Log in and logout your Huawei ID continuously for 14 days.
3.Each Huawei ID should not apply for the unlock code more than fifth time within 6 months.

Early people informed that email support works fast, but seems now the Huawei tightened terms.
Now i can expect 2 weeks everyday login to meet the requirements.
Some comments about tablet, maybe following helps someone.
One strange thing i've noticed with the tablet, it's not so easy bring up fastboot / recovery menu.
Pressing volume down + power brings up Chinese language test menu (8 options), nowhere to go with that,
pressing volume up + power brings up dialog with 3 options, "Reboot system now" or "Wipe data / factory reset" or "Wipe cache partition". Pressing by same all 3 buttons, volume up + volume down + power brings
up message that update not succeeded, update file not found on sd card. Also if you press only volume down and connect micro usb cable, it brings you to the Chinese test menu again. Also weird why European version tablet has at all Chinese test menu ?
I have triple boot desktop computer and i've downloaded 3 latest adb and fastboot platform-tools packages, for windows (using 10), mac and linux. With windows, using cmd i can start adb session, query device,
seems like everything works, when i'll try:
"adb reboot bootloader", device just reboots back to the main. Tried the same with the Ubuntu, same thing, adb helps finds the device, but when trying: "adb reboot bootloader" device just reboots into normal, not going into fastboot/rescue mode.
The thing is different with the mac (OSX 10.12), when i'll type to the terminal:
"adb reboot bootloader" the device rebooting into the fastboot mode.... and the terminal not responding any further, example when quering: "fastboot devices",
but having already fastboot mode activated on tablet and when rebooting desktop into windows 10 or ubuntu, i'm able using fastboot, tablet responds to the: "fastboot devices" or "fastboot oem get-bootinfo", even "fastboot oem unlock" responds informing about not valid key...
So far i'm able to put tablet into fastboot mode only using mac. Hope that's useful info for someone struggling
with same problems.
Unfortunately bootloader is still locked, problem finding product id, Huawei also did not help.
Huawei product id generator did not recognise Mediapad T3 versions.
Any ideas how to find product id or maybe someone can share the unlock code ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks,

Bought a Mediapad T3 7 from Walmart recently. Has anyone found root yet? I tried all of the Kingroot, etc. APK's so far. Don't waste your time. Tried them all.

If our magicians here can find root, I'd love it!

Thanks,

Rich
    Got the same request. Tried KingRoot and iRoot, cause you never know ;)
    I'd imagine it's coming one day or another. Tablet isn't that old yet.
    Recovery that works

Here is a TWRP that I pieced together using Hovatek's twrp auto porter, Hovatek philz touch auto porter and AIK by @osm0sis. I say pieced together rather than ported because to I used pieces of stock recovery, several outputs from different versions of Hovatek's porting tools and @Huckleberrypie initial release twrp.img. It shows one error 'E:Unable to load '/twres/languages/en-US.xml' but I can't see where it is causing any problems so I left that part alone. Gave up on USB-OTG, I couldn't get it working after about 20 tries at editing I said the hell with it. Other than that everything works and I included /CUST and /OEM_INFO partitions in backup options. If you want to try it but aren't sure just boot it first instead of flashing. You can do that by "fastboot boot xxx-twrp.img" (xxx being whatever you change the name to). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YnIS_L8fjxRaK2bKY1wVr66wAlgDvLCV/view?usp=sharing

here is a smaller one from AIK output. the first was on I had used dd to copy from device. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQiX5_Y35zUDi4DfZ-0ulZuSVpcMPify/view?usp=sharing
    I will try to help as best as I can. .../QUOTE]

Thanks for putting this up! I did figure out how to do this, finally. Now have a rooted baby tablet which for a 1gb ram unit, works great. Very much appreciated.

Hope this works: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WV013glx0GKRoGsIW7t5t43PVDNnnw2z

For convenience, this is the boot image patched from Magisk. Just rename it boot.img . This is for the wifi only bgw09 version that I got at Walmart. Hope this helps someone!

Rich
    Oddly enough SigmaKey Huawei Edition still does not have a solution to unlock that bootloader. I own a SigmaKey and have gotten a pile of huawei unlock codes with it, but still no solution for that one.
    Thanks for your reply really appreciate ya man respect. grand Cayman Islands