Question Huawei Mediapad t3 7

Search This thread

Lucky345

Aug 5, 2016
Try going to Magisk archives and use 14.0 when the install toast pops up select release notes and you will be able to find it. flash the patched_boot.img from 14.0 then upgrade through Magisk manager to 16.4 Beta. 16.0stable doesn't work on mine. you have to select beta in settings then dowload zip only. When downloaded go to Modules (it will be empty) and hit the yellow plus sign and navigate to your Magisk Manager folder. Select the 16.4 .img file and watch it go. you have root access and the manager to control superuser permissions but modules fail. 95% of root apps I have tried work and you can also install Xposed from this point with Unity Xposed Installer flashed through Magisk Mgr. Been using it this way since 13.1, nowhere close to perfect but alot better than what we had to start with. Make sure to have UPDATE.APP in dload folder on sdcard. You need to get the one for BG2-W09C128B023(988MB top or bottom doesn't matter) from F.F. app and just use direct download(no proxy). Good Luck.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

As much as I dislike saying this, use UC browser and go to >settings>browsing settings>website preferences(UA)>others and select desktop. That's what I remember from over a year ago but at that time it was the ONLY way it would work.

Lucky345

Aug 5, 2016
hello, am new to this awsome site with brilliant and smart people.
i have huawei Mediapad T3 7 and i would like someone to teach me how to unlock bootloader and root it. lucky j

i have huawei Mediapad T3 7 and i would like someone to teach me how to unlock bootloader and root it. lucky j
Never found a way to unlock bootloader after they stopped the service. That's been a while now maybe there is a way, I don't know. I did get twrp installed on one and rooted with locked bootloader but don't think that method is doable any more.

Okom1

Aug 6, 2018

Huawei stopped giving out bootloader unlock codes on devices that were put out to market on 24th of May 2018 OR on 22th of July for devices put out to market before 24th of May 2018. So if you didn't get a bootloader unlock code before the date, then there is no way atleast that I know of to root your Huawei device. Sorry.

This

Albisaraci

Jan 21, 2016
Hello,

I try to install Magisk via boot image on my MediaPad T3 7 ( Model: BG2-U01 ) but something is wrong.
i would also try the twrp but cant find it for my model.

What i did:
- succesfuly unlocked the bootloader with help of that one special guy...
- installed the current Magisk Manager ( v7.1.1 )
- downloaded the update.zip for exactly my model, extracted the "BOOT.img" and put it on the phone storage
- patched the boot.img with Magisk ( v18.1 ) and transfered the "patched_boot.img" back to my PC
- boot the device into fastboot mode

when i try to flash the original BOOT.img everything is fine.
device works - and all ok
Code:
>fastboot flash boot BOOT.img
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot' (21681 KB)...
OKAY [  1.053s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.847s]
finished. total time: 1.905s

but here is the problem:
when i try to flash the "patched_boot.img" i get this error
Code:
> fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
target didn't report max-download-size
sending 'boot' (21890 KB)...
OKAY [  1.000s]
writing 'boot'...
FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)
finished. total time: 1.101s

i even tried all possible variations of Magisk options (force encryption; dm-verity)
always same error
How did you unlock the bootloader, pls help I have 30 pieces of BG2-U01.

wisc17

Apr 20, 2019
my god thats long time ago.
I paid a few bucks to some indian guy or whatever it was and he gave me a key - if i remember right.
but i never made it beyond that stage.
i was unable to anything else on that device and honestly i feel lucky that i got rid of it few years ago.
good luck thou

can you tell me how to unlock bootloader for huawei mediapad T3 7?
They wound up having two variants of the T3 7. If you have the BG2-W09 with MTK chipset you can't get code and Sigma Key Huawei Edition can't unlock it. I gave up trying on mine, unless someone has introduced software in the last year or so that will unlock it, you're out of luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks,

Bought a Mediapad T3 7 from Walmart recently. Has anyone found root yet? I tried all of the Kingroot, etc. APK's so far. Don't waste your time. Tried them all.

If our magicians here can find root, I'd love it!

Thanks,

Rich
    Got the same request. Tried KingRoot and iRoot, cause you never know ;)
    I'd imagine it's coming one day or another. Tablet isn't that old yet.
    Recovery that works

Here is a TWRP that I pieced together using Hovatek's twrp auto porter, Hovatek philz touch auto porter and AIK by @osm0sis. I say pieced together rather than ported because to I used pieces of stock recovery, several outputs from different versions of Hovatek's porting tools and @Huckleberrypie initial release twrp.img. It shows one error 'E:Unable to load '/twres/languages/en-US.xml' but I can't see where it is causing any problems so I left that part alone. Gave up on USB-OTG, I couldn't get it working after about 20 tries at editing I said the hell with it. Other than that everything works and I included /CUST and /OEM_INFO partitions in backup options. If you want to try it but aren't sure just boot it first instead of flashing. You can do that by "fastboot boot xxx-twrp.img" (xxx being whatever you change the name to). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YnIS_L8fjxRaK2bKY1wVr66wAlgDvLCV/view?usp=sharing

here is a smaller one from AIK output. the first was on I had used dd to copy from device. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JQiX5_Y35zUDi4DfZ-0ulZuSVpcMPify/view?usp=sharing
    I will try to help as best as I can. .../QUOTE]

Thanks for putting this up! I did figure out how to do this, finally. Now have a rooted baby tablet which for a 1gb ram unit, works great. Very much appreciated.

Hope this works: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WV013glx0GKRoGsIW7t5t43PVDNnnw2z

For convenience, this is the boot image patched from Magisk. Just rename it boot.img . This is for the wifi only bgw09 version that I got at Walmart. Hope this helps someone!

Rich
    Oddly enough SigmaKey Huawei Edition still does not have a solution to unlock that bootloader. I own a SigmaKey and have gotten a pile of huawei unlock codes with it, but still no solution for that one.
    Thanks for your reply really appreciate ya man respect. grand Cayman Islands