Huawei Nova 3i software install failed

Search This thread
Jan 20, 2022
So here's what happened:
my phone's screen(huawei nova 3i) is destroyed. i left it for a year then decided to repair it. The phone has a password and unfortunately, i forgot its password(a pin type password). I tried factory resetting it through its bootloader by pressing volume up and down and the power button simultaneously and was greeted by this error saying "Software intall failed" and was forced to restart the phone. I tried using adb and boot my phone to its bootloader again and its showing that its updating and its on 5%. I tried adb devices and my phone was detected but when i command adb shell rm/data/system/gesture.key as mentioned in this article"https://www.tenorshare.com/unlock-android/unlock-huawei-phone-without-resetting.html" it says access denied. and my phone just turn off on its own over time. and just to add, my phone doesn't have a forgot password feature displayed in the pin/code area.
i hope someone can help me in this issue and i would be thankful to any response.

Attachments

• IMG20220120223224.jpg
    IMG20220120223224.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 130

jabi_james

Sep 12, 2011
TehRan
So here's what happened:
my phone's screen(huawei nova 3i) is destroyed. i left it for a year then decided to repair it. The phone has a password and unfortunately, i forgot its password(a pin type password). I tried factory resetting it through its bootloader by pressing volume up and down and the power button simultaneously and was greeted by this error saying "Software intall failed" and was forced to restart the phone. I tried using adb and boot my phone to its bootloader again and its showing that its updating and its on 5%. I tried adb devices and my phone was detected but when i command adb shell rm/data/system/gesture.key as mentioned in this article"https://www.tenorshare.com/unlock-android/unlock-huawei-phone-without-resetting.html" it says access denied. and my phone just turn off on its own over time. and just to add, my phone doesn't have a forgot password feature displayed in the pin/code area.
i hope someone can help me in this issue and i would be thankful to any response.